I Have Decided to Stop Doing the Cambridge Diet

RaineFalls

Hello everyone!

I'm 3 weeks in and 1st 2.5lbs down which I'm so pleased about!

However, last night when I was washing my hair I noticed HUGE clumps of hair falling out. This morning, more clumps of hair were falling out. The amount of hair loss that I'm experiencing is ridiculous and people are noticing. Plus I'm beginning to feel VERY ill and fragile.

And so, I've decided to stop doing the Cambridge Diet and go on to Atkins (low carb diet) which is, from what I heard, the best way to switch diets from CD.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you enjoy Atkins.

To be honest though, I don't think your hair loss has been caused by doing Cambridge. You haven't been on it long enough. Hair loss usually kicks in at the 3-4 month mark (if it's going to at all). It's because of the "shock" to your hair follicles - it's all to do with the phases of hair growth. It can happen on any diet. In fact, any shock, not just dieting, or any period of stress in general can have this effect, making old hairs fall out and replacing them with new ones - of course, the new ones are tiny for a while. :)

i'm going through a spell of hair loss myself right now and I know how disconcerting it is. But stopping doing Cambridge won't make the hair loss stop - the "damage" was done 3-4 months ago. Did you go through a stressful time back in February-March? The good news is, it shouldn't go on for too long, maybe a few weeks.

Back