I have done something bad!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lynnwilliams, 30 September 2008 Social URL.

1. lynnwilliams

lynnwilliams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    I have bad toothache, and i have been taking paracetamol every 4 hours, and i looked on box and it says no more than 8 in 24 hours and i have been doing this for a couple of days...A BIG WHOOOPS

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. karmawitch

karmawitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's not good to take too many in a 24 hour period, why don't you go and get your tooth seen to ?

4. lynnwilliams

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    i dont have dentist, im on a waiting list, i have to ring the nhs dental line tomorrow for them to get me in.

5. Mollysmum

Mollysmum Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    alternate the paracetamol with ibrophen.

6. lynnwilliams

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    I just spoke to nhs direct, they said im ok, and to do what MM just said alternate the ibuproven and paracetamol.

That scared me then!

7. rachelh

rachelh is loving the soup?!

It won't do you any harm! Obviously not to be recommended - and the combination should help with the toothache more anyway - but in America the daily allowances for paracetomol are much higher than they are here and everyone's still alive : ). Even a doctor's told me to take extra once x

8. Kaalin

Kaalin Full Member

I think they always underestimate the number of drugs to be taken anyway (don't quote me on that). Good advice from Mollysmum...anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen target the area of the pain where as the paracetemol works more on the brain. So a combination of the two is very helpful. Pop to the pharmacist for proper advice based on your needs with any other medications you are taking though :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.