I Have Failed - And Here I am Again!

lesage

Hi Everyone,
I first joined LL in Nov. 06 and managed to lose nearly 7st. I never reached my target (I was about 1 and a half stone away), but got so fed up, not having food, and then foolishly listened to the comments of "wow, you look amazing - shouldn't you stop now?"

I am shocked at how quickly I have put on the weight, and looking at my old book, my current weight is the same as Week 6, the first time round.

I was so embarrassed to return to the class, but I shouldn't have worried, as my counsellor made me feel so welcome, and the group seem to be really friendly, and are all restarters.

Today is Day 2, and I am trying so hard to be positive, but all I see is the long road ahead. The first time I went in blind, and it was all so exciting and fast - but this time I feel different. I suppose, I feel mainly mad with myself for putting the weight back on, and having to do this all over again.
I am trying to remember how wonderful it all was (for the first time I was able to cross my legs, run, jump, go into any shop to buy clothes, accept invitations). I owe it to myself to conquer this again, AND I WILL (now how's that for being positive, I've just got to keep it up!).
I will visit this site often, as I need all the support I can get.
Thanks for listening.:)

Hey, you have not failed, you are back and doing something about it, you are only a failure in this life if you dont try and sometimes we need to try and try again to get it absolutley right.

You know you can do it and will do it again. Good luck and well done, keep us posted.

Lisa xx

Thanks Lisa. I notice that we have a similar amount of weight to lose, and seeing your amazing start is a real inspiration.:eek: Cheers!

Thank you and I think you are an inspiration you lost all that weight and it gives me hope that it can be done, I have never managed it before and have just got bigger and bigger. I will keep an eye out on your progress, just think by christmas we will be skinny minis lol.

Take care speak soon Lisa xx

Hi Lesage

Welcome, and sorry to hear you are feeling a bit nervous and sad about restarting.:(

As Lisa said - you only fail when you don't try. Chin up - you know you can do it, as you did before. It just might take a wee bit longer for you to get into that "zone", which is understandable for as you say, you know what to expect, etc. :) BUt you will do it again if you put your mind to it. :)

Your post has come at a very good time for me. I am just about at a 7 stone loss. And I too ahve been feeling a bit fed up with it - not so much as fed up, but really thinking real food would be so nice again, that my patience has been challeneged. And yes, people saying "you look great " "You must be done!" doesn't help. It can tweak your litter inner voice box! But I still have 2-3 stone to go if I stick to my original goal of 10 stone. SO thank you for that.

I often tell people who feel bad about themselves for lapsing or putting the weight back on, etc., that not only do they show strength for coming back to do it again, but you help others by sharing your stories - we can learn form you that went ahead of us. I know it is at your cost, but it's not in vain. :) I hope that comes across alright! Hard to put into words sometimes.

ANyway - welcome back, and you already have loads of people behind you just by coming here - so do come often - you will get great support here. We all gotta lean on each other sometimes. :)

Good luck!!!

XX

Hiya,

You have done it before and will do it again. Dont ever think of yourself as a failure, you havent given up have you..best of luck hun :)

becky x

Hi Lesage :)

Sometimes great achievements take more than once round the block. It's not failure. You only fail if you give up for good ;):D

Lacey xx :)

Thank You

:) Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. I can see that this is a really supportive site, and the right place to be.

You are right Blonde Logic, I hope that my mistake will help others, and I am glad that you feel strong enough to see it through to the end. I have promised myself that I will do the journey correctly this time, especially the Management stage, which, from listening to others, seems to be the key to success.

I will attempt to post some pictures of my previous journey. I love, and hate looking at them, a real mixture of feelings, although looking back, the previous journey, didn't seem to last so long, and I keep telling myself, that it is just a few months out of my life to get to where I need to be for happiness.

I intend to get married as soon as I am at my goal weight. I have lived with the man of my dreams for the past 12 years, and I can't bear the thought of being a fat bride, and the centre of attention. Over the last year I have been trying to persuade him to go away and marry in secret, but he wants friends and family to share in our happiness. I understand how he feels, but he doesn't understand how I feel! :cry:
Thank you all once more for your support, it is just brill.
:wave_cry:

Hi all

I'm feeling a bit like you Sally (Lesage) - I'm on my 2nd attempt - trying to think of it like a high jumper who WILL get over that bar no matter what!! Then I have my doubtful moments when it all seems so hard.

I'm constantly scanning this site to get inspiration, so thanks to all who post really helpful comments - could do with some encouragement today though as I can feel myself losing the strength and motivation I had on the first 3 days (just done day 4 today!!) and I have a big occasion tomorrow where it's a sit down Italian meal with wine and I'm dreading it!! Any hints??

Thanks a lot.

GG x

Back