I have lost the plot!

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I really just want to cry i really do, i had been good up to yesterday, went out for a meal with my day i had the biggest burger ever and chips. I have just eaten junk. Cakes sweets the lot well over my pp.
I really dont no why im bothering all im doing in failing all the time.
I really need this 2.5 stone off but doesnt look like im going to do it :(
HELP
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I expect you could write a response to yourself as you know what we will all say lol. Anyway, here goes...

A bad day does not mean you have failed, it means you are human! Personally, I think having the odd high calorie day confuses our metabolism and helps in the longer term. The weather is good, low calorie food can be both satisfying and delicious and we know we are all happier slim - which is why we are doing it.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and remember your reasons for changing what you eat and how you feel about yourself....or I'll come round and slap some sense into you (that last bit wasn't true btw, but you know what I mean)!!

Love, light and hugs and that xxxxxx

Just remember your doing this diet for you and nobody else !!

if you have a "bad" day it doesn't matter!! this is about changing for your life, getting to your desired weight (and then working hard to stay there) its not just eating healthy for a few weeks !

just think of how much weight you have already lost and how much you would be putting on if you didn't have the "good" days that you were having!! :D

we will all eat out (and enjoy it ;) ) so enjoy the odd "naughty" day now and again then get back on your counting PP's again the next day !! :D .... its the not going back to it again that will do the most damage to loosing weight not the "naughty" day !! :)

*hugz*

Thank you for your reply. Its my own fault i no. Its so hard dieting i no its for life not just a quick fix.
Im so ashamed going back to my call knowing ive had a gain.

its not a fault !! sometimes we need a naughty day to motivate us back to the good days ! :)

yep dieting is hard work .... i tried a couple of times last year and kept getting bored and giving up, i'd have a bad day ... then another one .... then another one .... then stop the diet and i now weigh more then i did last year ! .... where as if i'd accepted the bad days and carried on the good days would still have been better for me then going back to everyday being a bad day ! :(

don't feel bad about a gain ! you know you had a bad day and that there is a chance of a gain ..... but you might be surprised .... just go in with your head held high admit you don't think you've lost as you had a bad day but next week you hope for a loss !! ... there is no shame in a bad day ! and anyone who can say they have never eaten out / had a bad day / had a gain since starting their diet hasn't lived and let their hair down yet, lol

.... i only started 2 weeks ago so you can't count me ! .... but my gain will be next week as its my mates hen weekend this friday / saturday and sunday .... i know i'm going to be naughty and i know i'm going to put on weight ... and although part of me will say on monday that i might aswell have another bad day, weigh in on tuesday then start again i'm determined to start back on my diet on monday morning ! at least it won't make my gain as high as it would be if i didn't stick to it on monday! :)

xxx

Gemma, please dont beat yourself up. When is your next WI ? try and get back on plan and stay there, even if you manage a sts it will be better than a gain and you'd be surprised how much that can motivate you, and if you do gain when at least you know why.
And in my book there is no such thing as a bad day-you went off plan, sounds much less judgemental and self defeating.

Good luck and you can do this, I know you can !!

I can guarantee that at one time or another everyone of us could've written exactly the same post as you!!

As everyone has said draw a line under it and start again. I have just started reading a book called The Beck Diet Solution (got it off eBay for £7) after seeing a few people mention it on here. I've read the first chapter and so far have related to everything it says. Including how once I have a bad episode I convince myself that I've wasted all my hard work and may as well continue to pig out until I feel rubbish! This book is supposed to help retrain your mind set to allow you not to fall off the wagon and stay there but instead realise it's a very small blip in a long journey!

As I say I'm only at the very beginning of the book but i do think it could be the start of a new mindset for me!

Please don't get yourself too down, tomorrow is another day!!x

We've all done it doll. Just put it behind you and set tomorrow to be your new beginning. I let it go completely after a bad few days and thats me finally starting again tomorrow. Id more than likely have a couple stone off by now if id just got back on the wagon. Hopefully you'll do better than i did. Got faith in ya :D

Back