I have made my decision

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all,

Well I decided last night after I posted on here that I NEED to do this- for me! So I went to bed last night, not having had any last- minute naughty foods (as I normally do when I know I'm starting a diet), and knowing that this morning I would be starting a new phase in my life :D

So here I am this morning, I have been up for half an hour and drinking the last of my first pint of water, a lovely cuppa tea and gonna have my first tetra in a minute. I'm really looking forward to losing weight and getting in shape, but I refuse to fall into the trap of getting obsessed with the scales. Part of me doesn't want to know what weight I am through the whole process, as sometimes the scales can make us confused and upset, but we can see and feel the difference without the need to keep hopping on and off. So I plan only to be weighed by my CDC and I will ask her not to tell me the loss, only my measurement loss (as I cant check that at home as I always do it wrong!). I think for me, perhaps this is the key!!

So here goes.... wish me luck with today! Especially as I'm not well at the moment and have a nasty cough which is making me feel a little fatigued! Im going to need all the support and strength I can get if Im going to succeed.... but I MUST succeed!!

xx

Good Luck Honey, you can do it x

Good luck...you can do it and will do it.
Great, forget the scales that's a really good idea as it can easily set the mood for the day.

Hope you feel better soon...have a great day and keep posting

HM
XX

Good luck! I think your idea to not know the result on the scales is a really good one. I could never do it though I'm a serial scale hopper! I wish I could, imagine how you will feel when you eventually do find out your loss, it will be great! :D

welcome back and GOOD LUCK and you have an awful lot of strength to not get on those scales i wish i could do the same but i dont have the strength lol

You can do it , its mind over matter , being strong . Lets put it this way , when i first started i did not last long that was in April , i first started at 214 thats what i was in April , but i have a different way of thinking now , and i can see myself getting to the end , its only cos i'm thinking different . But me and scales , i use them everyday , if i don't see a lose i think well they did say a stone a month so thats how i look at it . Hope you really give it your all too !

Thanks everyone,

Doing really well so far- 2 pints of water, a cuppa tea and a tetra down so far, starting to feel a bit hungry now although it may be all that water swishing around inside me thats doing it!

x

Get those fingers busy so they dont move towards your mouth hehe you can do this hun!!!!

Hehe yeah I have been finding stuff to do to keep me busy! Stomach has been making some horriffic noises this morning but just had my 'lunchtime' chicken and mushroom soup and feeling better now. Will have another pint of water once this has gone down before I head into work for a couple of hours... cant drink too much beforehand as I am out and about and there are no.. erm.. facilities available if I get caught short! xx

Were with you all the way, you can do it x x

Im so hungry!!! And I just found at I have to take a client out for lunch tomorrow and Sunday- what am I supposed to do? Just have a salad or something or some chicken so i still get into ketosis? HELP!! :-(

Just have a coffee .... its not worth mucking the diet up to soon . good luck :) if they want to know just tell them anything that springs to mind

Heya, last night after chatting with my mum I was almost convinced I should give up on SS entirely and try a formal healthy eating plan. But in my heart of hearts I wanted to carry on... so for motivation purposes alone I hopped on the scales this morning- now Im not exactly sure what I weighed before I started but 3 days before I started I weighed at least 3lbs more than I do today! Im actually in the 13s now and I was well into the 14s before.

I think Im gonna have to give it a go, its too good not to- and I have decided that if I HAVE to eat then I will have a salad or alternative low carb option. It might kick me out of ketosis for a day or so but it wont be long til I get back in, and if I dont allow myself a free range of whatever food is available then I think I should be ok in avoiding any future temptations as a result of my eating... if it doesnt work it doesnt work, but I have to be realistic and just do my best. If that means that I am doing my own weird version of the 1200 plan every now and again then so be it! xx

Back