I have spat my dummy out big time!!!!!

cheekychick81

Gold Member
OOOOOOOOOH i am in such a strop!!! so i finish uni at the beginning of the month. I had decided that i was going to have my graduation ceremony in december.... 2 reasons.... firstly my friend has resits this summer so cant graduate til dec and we have been through so much uni crap together i thought i would wait for him. Secondly i wanted to be thin in my graduation pics!!

Anyways ive decided theres another course i want to do that starts in sept, but i cant apply until i have my actually degree certificate in my hand... ive spoken to them and theres no way round it, if i want to do the course i need to graduate in 5 weeks!! OMG.... im gutted!! really want to do the course but i sooooooooo want thin pics.... ill only ever have one degree level graduation pic, i know ill get another when i finish my MA but still.... im soooooo sad!!

realistically i can only lose another 1 - 1 1/2 stone in 5 weeks which will bring me down to about 15 stone 8lbs which is nearly a 4 stone loss and i know i should be pleased at this but arrrrggghhhh!!

oh yeah and it gets worse.... so id kinda talked myself into it being ok and that id wear a gorgeous Nicolas Millington dress i have in electric blue and i will be fine.... then i tried to book my robe and there green!!!! need i say more.....

Last edited:
ahhh what a shame ... i know you want slim photos but your course is also impostant when your at goal i am sure your have loads and loads of photos ... good luck andatleast having a 5 week target will help keep you motivated ! ;)

Hun, better to graduate early and start the new course. The graduation in Dec.....wether you go for your friend or not, why don't you take pictures on that day anyway. It's still a goal to aim for.

My graduation pic is absolutly vile from years back. I'd been stuck in the rain before my pic was taken so my hair had curled up and to top it off the photographer decided to push my glasses up on my nose so high....i looked constipated in the pic.....It hangs proudly in my Dads for all to see.....yuck :)

xxx

ahhh what a shame ... i know you want slim photos but your course is also impostant when your at goal i am sure your have loads and loads of photos ... good luck andatleast having a 5 week target will help keep you motivated ! ;)

very true about the 5 week mini challenge.... your soooooo right:) thanks:)

Hun, better to graduate early and start the new course. The graduation in Dec.....wether you go for your friend or not, why don't you take pictures on that day anyway. It's still a goal to aim for.

My graduation pic is absolutly vile from years back. I'd been stuck in the rain before my pic was taken so my hair had curled up and to top it off the photographer decided to push my glasses up on my nose so high....i looked constipated in the pic.....It hangs proudly in my Dads for all to see.....yuck :)

xxx

awwwww thats a shame about your pics... its such a big day, im sure when you get to goal you will have lots of lovely pics too:)

i know its the right thing to do to take the earlier date but i just think its ridiculous they wont accept a transcript.... ah well

Keep strong and dont be too disheartened this way you can compare the 2 pics and see just how far you have come!! xxx

Keep strong and dont be too disheartened this way you can compare the 2 pics and see just how far you have come!! xxx

good plan:) i can steal my friends daft green cape and hat in dec and have fake graduation pics taken:)

Yep, actually call the robe hire company and explain that you want to hire so that you and your best friend can have pictures taken. They will hire you the robe again, just go and have another pic taken in Dec, a proper portrait one, and stick that on your wall. Simples.

Can you ask your Uni Admin person to write a letter of confirmation regarding your results and state in the letter than you are currently a graduand, ie yet to graduate, but your results have been confirmed by the University Exam Board etc? I work at a Uni and we only have one graduation in November each year, so this situation you're experiencing can't be unusual and the new course must have other students either now or previously who've had the same issue. It may just be that you've spoken to someone who isn't fully informed and they're being a jobs worth. Worth seeing if you can ask someone else or take it a bit higher if you really want to graduate at the later date. Whatever you decide, congratulations on your degree and your weight loss so far - both take an immense amount of hard work & dedication!

Can you ask your Uni Admin person to write a letter of confirmation regarding your results and state in the letter than you are currently a graduand, ie yet to graduate, but your results have been confirmed by the University Exam Board etc? I work at a Uni and we only have one graduation in November each year, so this situation you're experiencing can't be unusual and the new course must have other students either now or previously who've had the same issue. It may just be that you've spoken to someone who isn't fully informed and they're being a jobs worth. Worth seeing if you can ask someone else or take it a bit higher if you really want to graduate at the later date. Whatever you decide, congratulations on your degree and your weight loss so far - both take an immense amount of hard work & dedication!

thank you:) i spoke to the ppl running the course today and they said they can only accept an official certificate and if i could not have it by course start in sept i would have to wait for next year... bit mean i think!!
your right it might be someone who has no idea what there doing... :(

I think you should go for your course- it's much harder to get back into it after a year I reckon. My graduation photo is bloody awful, but it does motivate me somewhat- thankfully it's down my Dads. I think he thought it was so awful that he may have hidden it!!! Haha!
I agree with Julie, a before and after shot would be great!! Hiring robes would be easy enough. Then get your own down with your friend- that way you can choose your photographer!

To be honest, the graduation gowns are so big and heavy that it's hard to tell what shape or size anyone is underneath them. :rolleyes:

I say do it in 5 weeks. I never attended my graduation ceremony at all coz I hated the way I looked. It's one of my biggest regrets! :cry:

do it! those photo's will be memorable whatever size you are.....
I HATE my wedding photo's and we have said that in a few years we will renew our vows (10th anniversary) and i cn have "skinny" wedding photo's!
I dont even have any wedding snaps on display i'm so appalled at them...BUT....i have them and my DH looks so handsome that i cant knock them! The memory needs to be captured hun, take the focus off the weight and put it onto how far you have come with your course! :)
Congrats on graduation too
xxxx

Thanks everyone :) ive calmed down a little bit today... decided to go for the july graduation and just deal with it!! its not the end of the world and hopefully if all goes to plan there will be other graduations:)
:D

Back