I just can't do this :-(

chelseaharvey

I cant do this, im struggling like mad.. I can not do more than 1 day at a time without feeling the need to eat some food...

I started this diet as it is the easiest & quickest way to lose the lbs & get to where i want to be.

The shakes arent that nice i live on chocolate ones... I just seem to think about food

Like now im wanting a ham & cheese sandwich. If it isnt that it is the crap that im wanting & being a massive binge eater it is hard to resit.

Im the heaviest i have been in my life the weight piled on in 2007. I have gained 40inchs all over & 10 of those are on my tummy area :eek:

I have tried SW/WW healthy eating but they dont work. They allow the diet drinks which arent good or the crisps/choc but once i start i cant stop at 1. Or my portion sizes are to big

I hate how i look, i hate that none of my clothes fit. I feel & look so big & it is horrible.. Im the biggest out of all my friends when i was the smallest back b4 2004. I never feel comftable when i go out in what i wear & dont have as much confidence anymore. All because of my weight

I thought that if i did the CB diet & took food out of the equation that i would be fine. But its getting the shakes down me & i just feel so hungry.

Why/how can some people do this & just get on with it, it seems so easy & then others cant.. I want it, as i hate how i look but i just cant stay motivated :confused:

Last edited:
I cant do this, im struggling like mad.. I can not do more than 1 day at a time without feeling the need to eat some food...

I started this diet as it is the easiest & quickest way to lose the lbs & get to where i want to be.

The shakes arent that nice i live on chocolate ones... I just seem to think about food

Like now im wanting a ham & cheese sandwich. If it isnt that it is the crap that im wanting & being a massive binge eater it is hard to resit.

Im the heaviest i have been in my life the weight piled on in 2007. I have gained 40inchs all over & 10 of those are on my tummy area :eek:

I have tried SW/WW healthy eating but they dont work. They allow the diet drinks which arent good or the crisps/choc but once i start i cant stop at 1. Or my portion sizes are to big

I hate how i look, i hate that none of my clothes fit. I feel & look so big & it is horrible..

I thought that if i did the CB diet & took food out of the equation that i would be fine. But its getting the shakes down me & i just feel so hungry.

Why/how can some people do this & just get on with it, it seems so easy & then others cant.. I want it, as i hate how i look but i just cant stay motivated :confused:

Hi hun,

I didn't want to read and run. Big hugs :) I can fully sympathise with how you are feeling - being a binge eater myself (hopefully ex binge eater) I understand the 'need' to eat alot, if not constantly.

Different diets work for different people. For me, WW or SW isn't good because it's too tempting - not to get the initial weight off anyway. SS is good because it takes everything out of the equasion and I can just simply concentrate on losing weight and worry about the rest later.

I didnt think I could do it, if you read my blog - before I started I was petrified because I thought I was going to fail. It's now Day 10, I feel fabulous, happy and more importantly - in control. I believe everyone has willpower - it's just a case of finding it.

If you really want it - it will happen. I believe you can do it - without a doubt. Come on girly :) xxxxx

If you want a chat my inbox is always open xxx

Hey, I know how you feel hun, I too started out bigger than i have ever been in my life and found it hard to get into the correct mindset, take today for example, 3 weeks in now and having a real rubbish day.

I am your classic emotional or boredom eater and have been for years. Maybe you would be better starting higher up the plans, still a low calorie diet but allowing food?

What type of stuff did you binge eat on? Carbs? comfort food? if so there is a thread somewhere on here where you gradually ease yourself into CD by starting at the higher plan and working your way down.

I think you need to get your head in the right place and remember why your doing this, CD isnt easy at all and I think on really bad days you just have to take it hour by hour, put photos of yourself on your fridge etc, so you have a constant reminder about why you need to do this, and just think how good you will feel after your first week weigh in.

You CAN do it hun, its so worth it to get confidence back in yourself.

X debs X

Hun read my diary. I felt exactly the same as you and had the same weight to lose it was really difficult but i managed to do it. The diary might help xxx

if you read my blog - before I started I was petrified because I thought I was going to fail. It's now Day 10, I feel fabulous, happy and more importantly - in control. I believe everyone has willpower - it's just a case of finding it.

If you really want it - it will happen. I believe you can do it - without a doubt. Come on girly :) xxxxx

If you want a chat my inbox is always open xxx

I will have a read of it.. I think il do one for myself..

Thanks for the offer of a chat

What type of stuff did you binge eat on? Carbs? comfort food? if so there is a thread somewhere on here where you gradually ease yourself into CD by starting at the higher plan and working your way down.

I think you need to get your head in the right place and remember why your doing this,

You CAN do it hun, its so worth it to get confidence back in yourself.

X debs X

I binge on anything that is junk food. It would not bother me whilst i was polishing off a family bag of crisps say 12 in a pack the same with chocolate bars i can just eat 1 after the other stuffing them in my face.. Boy do i regret it though after

Everyday i say to myself this is it im going to do it but it never happens really..

My head does have to be in the right place your right, it is just getting in that right head space & i dont know how to do it

Its annoying my partner can eat what he wants, what he packs away is crazy, I dont feel like i get alot of support from him & he doesnt really how hard it is. We are also very social people out most weekends so eating out is always on the cards, or in the summer the BBQs we put on & invite friends around or we get invited to

Hi, my hubby said he felt the same about giving up smoking, a lot of it was habit, most of it was social, he smoked from being 16yrs old (44 now) and he said he tried loads of times to stop but failed, then one day something clicked and he stopped.

Maybe its too much of a shock to your system to go straight to CD SS I know I tried to get out of it and struggled so much over the first few days. By the end of week one I knew i couldnt cope with SS and moved up to SS+ but i think everyone is different and I take my hat off to those who can SS 100% for the 12 weeks.

I think you need to set yourself tiny goals then congratulate yourself on reaching them. It could just be that your not ready yet, I know its taken me a long time just to even go and see a CDC.

Good luck, I am sure you will find something that suits you if you feel that CD isnt right for you at the moment.

X debs X

why are there crisps about? do you have kids, an other half etc. i have lots of this stuff in the house with 2 kids and a hubby. i tend to put things into boxes to get my head round things. first time i did cd ss i had to go through easter. the fridge was filled high with chocolate eggs. i never touched one as in my head they were in my daughter's box and i wasn't allowed them. try this it could work.

What a good idea Great Things x

Chelsea, I had mad cravings the first few weeks too ..they do pass I promise you that much. I am 8 weeks in now, and 30lbs lighter ...a third off my goal weight loss.

you can do it, yeah its tough ...dont go without a fight though.

I buy stuff for the family that I dont like then I wont eat it. When I am cooking dinner I add ingredients I would never eat. And fish & chips are just totally banned in our house .... its working even DH has lost weight.

tip - try your shakes hot? I love having my hot chocolate in the morning while DH has a cup of tea.

I know exactly how you feel, this is my 3rd time of doing CD and this time im doing 3 shakes and a lovely meal in the evening(200 kcal) but oh my gosh if you have quorn instead of meat you get so much its hard to eat it all. Its my saviour. and honestly.... you still lose the same amount of weight I have only been doing it since Tuesday and I have lost 6lb and that is with eating a meal. when I was my heaviest first time round at 17stone just done 3 shakes I lost 14lb in my first week. I think I will lose about 10lb this week so being almost 3 stone lighter I think thats great plus I still have a meal. Why dont you try that and honestly quorn is so good when you CHOOSE to do CD..... Good Luck xxx

Great things, yes i have a 6 year old & also a partner who can eat what he wants & not gain a thing

Today i have done well. Worked today which def helps & gets me out of the house away from the kitchen

Had a shake b4 i went to work at 10am
Had a tetra toffee chocolate bar at 2pm it was gross (only took a few bites)
Had a shake at 7.30pm

So i have done day 1, im working tomorrow & have another bar just chocolate for tomorrow so see what that is like

i also have a space for the food i need to avoid

i have a cupboard in the kitchen that ive designated for my daughter and my OH so all the crisps, cakes and biscuits go in there and i wouldnt dream of taking anything
oh and the bottom drawer of the freezers is my daughters, all her chocolate lives in there, shes gotten used to eating it frozen bless her, lasts her longer too, lol

sounds like you had a great day ... good luck for tomorrow.

Hi hun, I am back for the 3rd time and I have been struggling to complete day 1 for the last 9 days! I am going to have 4 shakes today and tomorrow! Need to get on it as my wedding is in 29 days!! Got my last dress fitting in 5 days!

I did SS for 8 weeks 100% no cheats at the start of the year but I was over 2 stone heavier and I think I wanted it more!! Only need to lose a bit more now!!

Good luck xxx

Back