i just cant stop...

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by mermaid2708, 24 December 2008 Social URL.

1. mermaid2708

mermaid2708 new year...new me!x

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(50.17%)
    Diet:
    gastric bypass
    i am driving myself insane...i keep weighing myself...i just cant stop. i know its silly...my son is loosing his temper and has hidden them and said he wont let me have them for a week...i know he is right but that makes me panic...how will i know i am doing ok if i cant weigh myself??? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Your son is doing you a HUGE favour. Keep the damn scales hidden and weigh yourself once a week, thats a good indication of how youre doing, anything more than that just isnt a true guide of whether youre losing, and youll drive yourself mad

4. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I second Sandy hon, the scales can be very addictive but soul-destroying at the same time. I weigh myself every couple weeks now, had to hide them away in wardrobe. Even though I knew I wasn't losing and maybe actually gaining I still wanted to see.

Hope you have a happy christmas and peaceful new year. xx

5. Maffie

Maffie Full Member

Start Weight:
    86.9kg
    Current Weight:
    83.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    3.1kg(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I hate scales as even if i've lost size my weight isn't budging at the moment

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  7. SerenityValley

SerenityValley Surgically happy.

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    I was weighing myself 4 times a day - so got my mum to take my scales to her house. I was driving myself insane. It took about 2 weeks but eventually I managed to lose the urge to weigh.

Ask your son to keep them for an extra week and every time you feel the need to weigh, remind yourself that no matter what the scales say, you are the weight you are - weighing won't change it. Then you can use your official weigh in if you have one, or he can bring the scales out once a week for you.

Good luck with the weight loss :)

8. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Get rid of them...its not healthy to keep doing this, your weight can dramatically diifer at different points in the day. If you don't have the scales then you have to rely on your weekly weigh in which will tell you your true weight.

keep strong!

9. mermaid2708

mermaid2708 new year...new me!x

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(50.17%)
    Diet:
    gastric bypass
    i am worrying about getting to 19stone for my op...i need my bmi to be below 50...i was weighing myself every day...but now i am going to do it every week til op...which is only 16 days away!!! i have 10lbs to loose roughly...as i put 2lbs on with the start of my period...aaarrrhhh...mind you its usually 4 so i suppose i should be greatful...next weigh in on 31st, so fingers crossed x

10. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    fingers crossed for you hun, its blimmin hard when the totm comes along and plays around with our weight.

I hope its good news for you on the 31st :)

11. Jada

Jada Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Yes I used to weigh myself constantly but in reality those days don't count you need to look at the bigger goal and that is weight will be lost over time. Can you give the scales away and weigh yourself once a week at the chemist or something? When I lived in another country there were scales that used to cost $1 and would give you the exact amount of weight, unfortunately they don't have them where I am now.

12. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    :eek: shocking :eek:

you really should only weigh yourself once a week...or even once a month :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.