I just dont understand!

I know it is very difficult but could you - buy only the snacks and naughties for your child and hubby? - Put them into a plastic container and know that that is for them?

You could lose up to 5lb's this week! Its not your goal for the wedding (unless this thread is very old, sorry forgot to check) but you would feel very much better making a start.

If you make only SW meals this week - promise yourself for one week only and if hubbyj wants more then he can get them himself? (maybe?)

Good luck. It's hard - we have all been there and know how you feel.

See the meals aren't the problem i have a mullerliht for breakfast and something sw for lunch and i really enjoy sw meals everynight. My problem is snacking and pickin in between :( well iv got the plastic container full of the things i cant eat and iv written a few thing on the box which should stop me opening it!! chin up and onwards i go

Have a look through the threads, find some yummy things you can cook/bake that are low syns or free that you can snack on when the urge hits you. But i found that after the first few weeks the cravings subsided and the need for snacking reduced. Have a fridge full of fruit and veg that you can just eat.

You can do this

What I do is when I go to pick and snack is I put hand cream on! the thought of eating the hand cream makes me feel sick!

What I do is when I go to pick and snack is I put hand cream on! the thought of eating the hand cream makes me feel sick!

Ohhh thats a good idea.

I have exactly the same problem, I know I can do it, I do do it, then the weekend comes and it all goes to pot. I just pick up anything and everything, there has been some really useful advice in this thread, your not alone with this.. good luck x

I'm the world biggest fridge picker! so I keep hand cream on the coffee table! its just habit! another good thing I do is if I keep going to the fridge and back just to look I clean the toilet! puts you right off!

After a few days of toilet cleaning and hand cream the habit will fade!

I've been known to write syns on things! then before i go to eat it I think geez how many?!?! soon stops you!

hey hun. i'm glad that your guy has decided to try and help you where he can by hiding the secret stash. :D

sometimes the mere idea of following the plan can make someone feel down, even though they know it's worked for them before. i sometimes feel so bad that i'll wait for everyone in my house to fall asleep before i sneak downstairs and nibble on some biscuits that will definately go over my syn allowance.

none of my family eat the same food as me and i'm always sitting with them eating a different meal whilst they are there eating my favourites like chinese and fish/chips. it makes me feel unsupported sometimes and i have even felt isolated because of it and ended up crying the same evening thinking "i'm disgusting so i must deserve it for getting this way". despite the fact i know it's irrational and not true, i can't help how i feel sometimes. but that is what's good about slimming world. it's not just about the food and weight loss. it's about making you a more confident person who likes themselves no matter their size. a person who is making a lifestyle change for their own reasons and finishes with something more. self respect.

whilst the wedding is a brilliant short term goal, if you want to lose weight for good you need a long term one, like i want to be that fit mama when i'm 80 and look better than Kylie. :D

whenever you are feeling bad hun try not to go for food. instead find something that you enjoy that makes you feel better. e.g. i love LONG baths that i can almost fall asleep in. i fill it up with my favourite scents and with some random music playing on my waterproof radio i can have some time to unwind and re-think about why i felt bad in the first place. other people have small things to make them smile, like a homemade book of funny pictures, or nail polish. so next time you feel down treat yourself, but treat yourself with something other than food. you are in control, not the food hun.

finally if you feel bad contact your consultant or other sw members in your club, they will be more than happy to help you, as they know what you're going through. after all they must be going through it themselves.

i wish you luck hun.

hi i've just come back to slimming world after trying every daft diet you can imagine looking for that quick fix which resulted in the months passing by and ending up 2 stone heavier than i was i realised if i'd stuck to s/w in that time would have been 2 stone lighter than i originally was. i have felt so down over my weight not wanting to go out, making up silly excuses so i didn't have to go to any functions i'd been invited to just because i felt so selfconscious of my weight something clicked in my head and i thought i don't want to keep going on like this that only me could make the changes needed so started s/w i have only been following the plan for a week but i feel so much more positive now i am eating far better and eating more and i still get to have my treats my favourite being boots blueberry shapers bars i have one nearly every day plus a choc or lemon mousse and low fat crisps all within my sin allowance, if i only lose 1lb a week i will still be happy knowing i am never hungry and that i can have my treats and over 10 weeks will still lose 10lb, i hope you are able to get into the right frame of mind to lose the weight you want to lose don't despair if i can get on track so can you good luck :grouphugg:

Thanks guys youv all been great :)
i think/hope i can do this i'll keep you posted!

Want to thank everyone who's posted in here. I have the same issue as the OP except I don't have the excuse of a hubby or child for why I buy the stuff.

People have really given some great advice and I hope I can follow it.

Good luck to everyone who's trying to lose weight, and well done to those who are/have lost some.

just wanted to say I've been terrible at sticking to plan recently too, but I have the new SW mag and they give you a free recipe booklet of comfort foods. In the back they have a blueberry muffin recipe, 3.5 syns per muffin and a choc chip cookie recipe at 2.5 syns per cookie. You could maybe bake some of these treats with your little boy so you could enjoy guilt free snacks :) I've tried the muffins with blueberries and raspberries already and they are nice, can't vouch for the cookies yet though!

Wow some really good advice on this thread! I particularly like the hand cream idea, and the writing syns on the packets of things.

I think its important to motivate yourself any way you can. I sometimes sit and imagine myself being thinner. I try and "feel" how I will feel when I am at target. Tell yourself its totally possible and its not that far away. Think about going buying those smaller clothes and feeling great. This doesn't make me feel miserable, it reminds me that I can do it and that I will do it. If this plan works then thats great! Just have to stick to it and I can be slim!

Hugs and good luck x

I've been off plan the last few weeks due to being bed bound so I know how you felt, this past week could have been better but cos I had no oomph to do slimming world previously for a few weeks I put some choc crisps biscuits etc etc in my shopping basket, well now all those things are gone so once I weigh in again tomorrow I am back to doing it afresh .. I have a goal to reach and I WANT to get there. Stick at it, and we'll all help you .. its why I came back to the forum, I know i'm not alone in my journey and YOU all know exactly how it feels!!!!

A "celebrity" tip apparently is to brush your teeth when you feel the urge to snack as most things taste grim straight after toothpaste. No idea which magazine I read that in many months ago.

I've been off plan the last few weeks due to being bed bound so I know how you felt, this past week could have been better but cos I had no oomph to do slimming world previously for a few weeks I put some choc crisps biscuits etc etc in my shopping basket, well now all those things are gone so once I weigh in again tomorrow I am back to doing it afresh .. I have a goal to reach and I WANT to get there. Stick at it, and we'll all help you .. its why I came back to the forum, I know i'm not alone in my journey and YOU all know exactly how it feels!!!!

sorry to hear you have been bed bound hun! gl tho \:D

Back