i just want to do it right this time!!!! help welcome and needed

huwiesmummy said:
Please don't worry about drinking to much water its drinking 2+ liters really quickly. I drink 4-6 liters a day and have no ill effects other then running to the loo often ;)

That's true, and fine if you like drinking a lot and weeing, lol. The point is that you don't need to drink more than 1.5 litres a day, so anyone who's making themselves drink a lot is doing so needlessly, and if you do overdo it you can put your health at risk. Drinking less certainly doesn't impede weight loss, or I'd never have been able to lose. :) xx

mollyc said:
im confused now does that mean tea does or doesnt count?

anyway guys my day went well yesterday... until the evening when i just couldnt stop bloody picking and i couldnt sleep so ended up eating at half one at night.. NIGHTMARE. so woke up late today and was gonna do my usual **** it routine turn over give in but i said NO i got up and me and bonnie had a nice 20min walk with a few declines in it so i felt myself getting a work out. i mean its not a 10 mile run but for me its something. had my cheerios now and a nice cup of tea. one think i notice was that i seemed to pour quite a full bowl just out of habit. i probably am over doing my portion size so i might go buy myself a measuring cup today or something

Yes, tea counts towards your 1.5 litres, as does coffee, milk, juice etc. xx

oh yay im delighted cos i have a few cups of tea a day so ive probably always been meeting the required amount and never new lol thanks guys

huwiesmummy said:
Yep.only.do what your body wants. It's not a challenge just have what you can.

That link you posted on was about a woman who drank about 8 liters and then didn't go wee to win a competition. Which is very unsafe if not stupid. Just wanted to make sure people understood :)

Oh I realise that, hon, it was just one of many about the potential dangers of drinking too much, albeit an extreme example; you can certainly make yourself ill with less than that. It just seems that a lot of people think they need to make themselves drink a lot of water, especially if they're trying to lose weight, when it's just not necessary. :) xx

mollyc said:
oh yay im delighted cos i have a few cups of tea a day so ive probably always been meeting the required amount and never new lol thanks guys

I really only drink coffee and fruit tea at work, then usually one glass of squash at home, along with more coffee and the odd Options hot chocolate, lol. I do try to have some decaff amongst my many coffees! Anyway, I've lost a lot of weight, so it hasn't hurt in that respect. xx

im confused now does that mean tea does or doesnt count?

anyway guys my day went well yesterday... until the evening when i just couldnt stop bloody picking and i couldnt sleep so ended up eating at half one at night.. NIGHTMARE. so woke up late today and was gonna do my usual **** it routine turn over give in but i said NO i got up and me and bonnie had a nice 20min walk with a few declines in it so i felt myself getting a work out. i mean its not a 10 mile run but for me its something. had my cheerios now and a nice cup of tea. one think i notice was that i seemed to pour quite a full bowl just out of habit. i probably am over doing my portion size so i might go buy myself a measuring cup today or something

It really does surprise u how much should be in a portion of cereal!

Jillian michaels says pee till it looks like lemonade. Think that might be American lemonade not the see thru stuff we have here!

LadyJo said:
Jillian michaels says pee till it looks like lemonade. Think that might be American lemonade not the see thru stuff we have here!

Yes, it's supposed to be the colour of straw, apparently - too dark and you're not drinking enough, if it's clear you're drinking to much. :) xx

Well ive been told that your pee is meant to be clear! When ur drinking right ammount water. Thats how mine was when i waa drinking 2 litres xx

Iwant2beasize12 said:
Well ive been told that your pee is meant to be clear! When ur drinking right ammount water. Thats how mine was when i waa drinking 2 litres xx

If it's clear you're probably over-hydrated. It should be straw coloured, so not too dark and not clear. 2 litres a day won't hurt you, it's just more than you need, and you'll be running to the loo a lot, lol. :) xx

Lol i love how u said that! Lets all check our wee! :p hehe!
But im pretty sure the doctors always say 2 litres of water is what we should have a day so 8 big glasses?? This is the first ive heard of it being any less?? Bit confused now

But im pretty sure the doctors always say 2 litres of water is what we should have a day so 8 big glasses?? This is the first ive heard of it being any less?? Bit confused now

It's weight in kilos * 33 to work out your own water requirement x

Iwant2beasize12 said:

Well in general we do need that much fluid a day, but a lot of it comes from our food, so you only need to drink around 1.2 litres - that'll just be an average of course, it depends on how much exercise you do, how hot it is etc. But that is the NHS recommendation. But drinking too much won't hurt you, unless you really overdo it in which case it can be dangerous. It's just that I quite often see people saying they struggle to drink 2 litres, and that's probably because they don't actually need that much. :) xx

Well in general we do need that much fluid a day, but a lot of it comes from our food, so you only need to drink around 1.2 litres - that'll just be an average of course, it depends on how much exercise you do, how hot it is etc. But that is the NHS recommendation. But drinking too much won't hurt you, unless you really overdo it in which case it can be dangerous. It's just that I quite often see people saying they struggle to drink 2 litres, and that's probably because they don't actually need that much. :) xx

I drink 2 litres a day .... Plus about 6 cups tea and of course a my food ...
I have found now that I can't drink squash .. It's just too sweet ..!!
I fill my pint glass up and keep taking mouthfuls ... Do that 4 times and you hardly notice your drinking so much ..! At work I have a pint sized plastic drinks bottle so I still know how much I'm drinking :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya! Do you enjoy drinking that much, or do you do it because you feel you should? Just curious. :) I do have a lot of coffee at work, but I think that's more boredom than anything else - I don't drink cold drinks though, about from a little squash to take the couple of dozen pills I have each day with, lol. xxx

Hiya! Do you enjoy drinking that much, or do you do it because you feel you should? Just curious. :) I do have a lot of coffee at work, but I think that's more boredom than anything else - I don't drink cold drinks though, about from a little squash to take the couple of dozen pills I have each day with, lol. xxx

Because I feel I should lol :)
Mind you I'm so used to it now that I get headachy if I don't and get reAlly thirsty quickly x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey hun, today I start my journey, perhaps we can help each other on the way?
Bohohippy on fitnesspal. :) I'm calorie counting, I've done Atkins, WW, SW and calorie counting in the past.

<3

Back