I Know it's a Syn, but....

Curly.Locks

Last night, I discovered this frozen dessert making machine where you put some frozen fruit into the machine and it turns into an ice-cream like dessert instantly. I know it's synned, but I'm a sucker for ice-cream and by all accounts this but of equipment has got raving reviews, so I think I might have to invest in one to use for when I feel like an occasional treat!

Anybody else heard of/ tried this?

Thanks.xx

Yeah it would be synned as I imagine it works along the same lines as a smoothie maker. Mush the fruit,therefore using more than you would actually eat in a sitting x

Ooh :party0051:

Another froot debate.

Yes, I have a Yonanas machine - and no, I DO NOT and WILL NOT syn my fresh fruit "ice cream"!!! I would however highly recommend it...

Just to throw a spanner in the works.....would it be synned? Frozen fruit is free?

;)

Really? I didn't know frozen fruit is not synned. That answers why I can have frozen blueberries, but not fresh blueberries which have been macerated. I've been pondering over this for years!

Thank you for your message!xx

Hi Curly, I'd say at least once a week, up to as much as once a day when I'm in the mood and it's really hot! Very refreshing and it has to beat having a Magnum a day, wouldn't you say? :)

How did it go with your guests, what did you end up giving them?

ahhh ive googled it, so its basically just a frozen smoothie...

probably should be synned then.

xx

ahhh ive googled it, so its basically just a frozen smoothie...

probably should be synned then.

xx

Oh I don't know, because you do actually eat it - and fairly slowly because it's frozen - rather than drinking it, and it has no yoghurt or milk or anything in it, and it also contains all the pulp and everything so it's not just juice. Basically it's just frozen uncooked whole fresh fruit, and that's syn-free!

Sigh, yet another personal choice issue then I guess :)

lol, yep the froot debate is an interesting one.

apparently its to do with the physical act of peeling and eating the fruit. confuses the hell outta me . im still wondering whether i should syn my frozen raspberries i have on my porridge that get hot and mushy.

Yes, I get that. I think my main issue is that, for various reasons, I can't chew anything hard so apples etc are out of the question for me altogether. Therefore I only eat soft fruits and don't chew them at all, so the "you get more satisfaction from chewing it" argument doesn't apply for me (although I'm betting you don't chew your breakfast raspberries either, even before they go mushy!). I do however make sure I always have the fruit pulp and not just the juice, to boost the satiety factor.

What it comes down to for me is that, for example, I have swapped my normal breakfast of a thick white bread toastie dripping with butter and oozing with cheese for a bowl of porridge and fruit (or a mushroom omelette or whatever). I've swapped my Magnum habit for a Yonanas habit, and so on - and no, I won't ever syn my fruit. I'm afraid that will just have to be good enough, for now at least. If/when I stop losing I will maybe have to have a rethink - perhaps just by eating less fruit, cooked, frozen or otherwise! Everything's relative after all...

Yes, I get that. I think my main issue is that, for various reasons, I can't chew anything hard so apples etc are out of the question for me altogether. Therefore I only eat soft fruits and don't chew them at all, so the "you get more satisfaction from chewing it" argument doesn't apply for me (although I'm betting you don't chew your breakfast raspberries either, even before they go mushy!). I do however make sure I always have the fruit pulp and not just the juice, to boost the satiety factor.

What it comes down to for me is that, for example, I have swapped my normal breakfast of a thick white bread toastie dripping with butter and oozing with cheese for a bowl of porridge and fruit (or a mushroom omelette or whatever). I've swapped my Magnum habit for a Yonanas habit, and so on - and no, I won't ever syn my fruit. I'm afraid that will just have to be good enough, for now at least. If/when I stop losing I will maybe have to have a rethink - perhaps just by eating less fruit, cooked, frozen or otherwise! Everything's relative after all...

i guess we all have to eventually adapt the plan to suit us individually for the long haul anyway, and your adaptations sound as though they suit your personal situation.

and like you say, your fruit (in whatever form) is a damn site better for you than what you were eating.
xx

Back