I know this is not advised but...........

I am goin out for a friends birthday this weekend and i know i will not be able to not drink!!!! :break_diet:So i think the sensible thing is to eat thro the day and try and get out of ketosis. What should i eat? What is the healthiest way (other than to refeed thro the chemist) to do this? I was thinkin some brown bread with marmite for breakfast, plain tuna on a jacket at lunch and maybe chicken and veg for tea? does anyone have any experience of doin this? Also how is my stomach likely to cope? Feel really gutted that i'm gonna do this but i know once out i will drink so i'm gonna get prepared! xxxxxx

I think whatever you ever you, make your plan and stick to it!! I doon't know whats best to eat before drinking in relation to the diet but I think your right to make your plan now. Then stick to it 100% and if it's get back on it the next day, you are more likely to do it.
I had three weeks off for holiday and belated birthday, I did the same, I planned my return to diet day about 4 wks before hand and told all my friends. So when I got back from hols, I knew I was starting again a couple of days later and here I am.
Have a really good day off and then back to it!

PLEASE DON'T DRINK!!

You can go for a night out without drinking, honestly (been there, done it).

It can be very dangerous if you have not been refeeding for a number of days. People have ended up in hospital through drinking on LT, a day of food is not enough.

this probably sounds like scaremongering - and i'#m not ashamed to say that it is!

If your feeling that gutted about it why bother doing it?

I wouldnt bother going out - your friend should understand why. If s/he doesnt then they cant be that good of a friend.

Cant you do something else with them?
Drink will always be around for you once you have finished LT.

There is no sensible way of doing what your thinking of doing.
If you eat that on the one day you are going to put weight on - aswell as drinking alcohol.

If you want to drink you need to refeed atleast a week before so you are doing it correctly and sensibly.

totally agree summergurl. if you really think you can't resist the lure of alcohol then maybe it's best to stay at home, if this is early on in your LT life :)

for me, LT is about changing your ways with food and drink and learning to say no and mean it. it will be there for you when you reach goal and *hopefully* you won't have quite the sam habits as before.

your friends need to be supportive of your LT journey, from as early on as possible. good luck.

Hi thanks for the advice, It's not that my friends will make me drink, but i know that i won't be able to resist it, (need it for confidence when out with a bunch a skinny minis!!!) I read on a couple of sites that all u need is a certain amount of carbs to bring u out of ketosis and regulate your blood sugar. I really don't want to miss this night out as my partner has been away for a month and it's the first break i'm gonna get from my little terror and work. Really unsure what to do. Have been told the reason u can't drink on refeed is because of the lack of carbs still whereas i would make sure i eat carbs. The weight gain wouldn't be too bad as i would have a week till my next weigh in, it's just the health matters that worry me xxxx

It really isn't a good idea to start drinking and trying to do a one day re-feed. It's going to completely shock your body if you try to do something we're meant to do over at least a week, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you end up making yourself ill doing this.

If you try and take short cuts like this it's not going to end well. What happens the next time you want to go out drinking? Are you going to give in then as well or if you're invited out for a meal. You'll end up back at square one every time if not heavier. If you can't stick to this completely then there's honestly no point in doing it. Like Summer said; if you feel this bad about doing it then why bother doing it at all? If you don't have the will power to just not drink for the night then how on earth are you going to handle not eating? I'm sure you can make it through just one night not drinking! ^^

Edit:
Drinking for confidence is not the best idea, will it really be any different if you lose weight? There will always be someone thinner or who you think it better looking than you. I'm sure once you get out and meet up with all your friends you'll be absolutely fine without drinking. :3

OK, you bring up a couple of points here.
1) Your thread title, "I know it's not advised but..."
First off chick, it's not advised because it's dangerous. I've heard stories of people going out and drinking when on the diet and in ketosis and it can make you very ill because of the levels of...oh i forgot the word but I know you've been sent a link for the thread anyway. But yeah, it's dangerous and it isn't worth putting your body through such shock and you'll regret it even more.

You've also said that you're gutted that you wont be able to not drink. But how do you know? You'll be surprised at the willpower you do have if you only allow yourself to test it. This diet is about willpower and saying no and as Summergurl has said, food and drink will be there for you once you've finished :D
If you're gutted already then you already don't want to do it. Don't fall at the first hurdle hun, there are lots of tests of willpower on the diet but it's how you get through them and the more you say no, the easier they will become.

It's habits you are trying to break as well as lose weight.
I know we're all different but there are lots of us on here that can go out and just drink water and have a great night without the alcohol and you can do it too. Just at least try and give yourself the chance to rather than feeling defeated about it already.

I'm not having a go hun I promise, I'm just trying to give some advice and warn you against drinking on the diet as it is dangerous. You can do this!! We're all behind you and you don't need to drink!!

:D:D:D xxxx

Oh yeah, you will also find hun, that the more weight you lose, the more your confidence will soar so you really don't need the alcohol :D:D:D:D

Yeah, I agree with everyone else!

I am a binge drinker and went out numerous times without drinking!
As soon as everyone else around you gets drunk.. You kind of feel like your drunk too! and no one notices the difference!! and you feel great in the morning when every one is texting you telling you how hungover they are.

If you are set on drinking then you MUST refeed properly, even start the refeed tonight! it is essential its done properly..

Its not a matter of having a few carbs before you go out on the day.. It wont even have been digested yet and been through your body properly

Thanks abbie, I am soooooooooo in 2 minds about this! There is so much conflicting advice out there! Am thinking of sticking to diet coke, i know it's not allowed on lt but am making a little compromise with myself! lol. I have resisted chocolate, takeaway pizza and my favourite pasta with sauce and lots of cheese, i'm sure i can resist the alcohol. I know the diet coke isn't dangerous and although it may make me put on a pound or so at least i will feel like i'm not completely restricting myself for one night. Hmmmmmmmm i have never been to the place i'm going sober so this will be an experience!!! xxxxxx

hey there! i tried this a few times and once i ate for the day and went out, i felt sick and bloated,i put on 10lbs from drinking miller!! i was shocked! i didnt have stomach pain just wanted to go home and sleep! plus it took me weeks to get back on track (less willpower probably!!) but watever you decide, the weight will come back off but its a tricky path to take!! x

Well its up to you ultimately Pompey, only you can do whats best for you but at least give water a go on your night out. A lot of people will compliment you on the fact you're not drinking and you'll find it boosts you up and won't bother you so much. :D:D:D

Hi

Having just been out on a big night out without drinking anything but water, you can do it. It's not as hard as you think, and the more weight you lose the more confidence you will have without the booze. Apparently it's really hard to get back on LT after you've come off, and I'm sure your friends can appreciate why you're doing it.

Don't give up, I'm sure you will regret it

xxx

Thanks abbie, I am soooooooooo in 2 minds about this! There is so much conflicting advice out there! Am thinking of sticking to diet coke, i know it's not allowed on lt but am making a little compromise with myself! lol. I have resisted chocolate, takeaway pizza and my favourite pasta with sauce and lots of cheese, i'm sure i can resist the alcohol. I know the diet coke isn't dangerous and although it may make me put on a pound or so at least i will feel like i'm not completely restricting myself for one night. Hmmmmmmmm i have never been to the place i'm going sober so this will be an experience!!! xxxxxx

Well if your going to go out and drink diet coke whats the point? You might aswell just go out and drink water and stick to LT.

The point is i won't be drinking alcohol therefore it won't be dangerous, but i will feel like i'm giving myself a treat! I am close to givin up at the mo because although i love the results the diet gives i am feeling extremely down about being so restricted, so if i put a few pound on it's something i'll have to deal with but maybe looking forward to a diet coke will get me thro the next few days and my head will be a bit clearer by the weekend.

I've been out as well and sat and drank sparkling water - most people thought it was a gin and tonic water.

The next again day, I didn't have the hangover of my friends, I still stayed on track with the diet so didn't have to get back on ketosis and I felt brilliant for doing this.

What's more important ?

Back