I know this sounds a bit drastic but ....

uklady

I have a one week holiday in Italy at the end of October. My OH has paid for half board in a hotel. I am actually wondering whether to stay 100% there too... am I being crazy?? lol I sooo don't want to risk finding it too hard to come back onto TFR till the end of the year.
PLUS would they even let me actually go through customs with 21 packets of white powder???? hahaha

Hilarious Linda...wouldn't do to have all your lovely sachets poked and prodded for illegal substances!! I know I personally would not have the bottle to be TFR on hols, ESPECIALLY in Italy!! I would refeed for a week, enjoy myself as sensibly as possible and avoid alcohol (ahhhhh!) then restart the minute I got home as I know now my willpower has increased tenfold! That's just what I'd do of course but you should do what's best for you. I will bow down on bended knee to you if you can go TFR in Italy! xxx

It is totally up to you how you work it! Do whatever you will feel most comfortable with. While it is amazing to be 100% on this diet, I think refeeding and having a week of sensible enjoyment wouldn't hurt. You know you have the willpower to do TFR so start again as soon as you get home. If you do decide to be 100% on hols then going through customs shouldn't a problem. My friend was refeeding when we went to Greece so she took 8 sachets with her and no questions were asked! x

I think I would reward all your hard work and enjoy your holiday, as you have already paid half board. Why not use this week as a test to see how good you attitude to food is and make it as healthy & full of protien as you can, if you cannot manage this or have a HUGE mistake then go back onto TFR 100% straight away. Id take the packs with me & a good positive attitude :))))

I think.... re-feed... enjoy your week!! And just don't go mad!!! Easy to say i know!!! Thats what i did for my hols!!! I drank (Cider) like a fish and just kept an eye on my food!!! It did me the world of good.... Then straight back on it!!! I just kept on with the water/no milk in brews etc.... then i kept in good habits!!!

I have found it ok getting back on it!!! My attitude to food has most definately changed!!! Just need to get the rest of this weight of and be the new me!!

Good luck with whatever you decide... although i know it was a joke.... but you may NOT get them through customs lol....

Dee

xxxx

I went on a long weekend and I had the intention of staying 100%. Unfortunately it only lasted until the airport...then I went crazy. My advice do the re-feed and enjoy your trip. U'll enjoy your trip alot more with your OH. Alot of what make a holiday a holiday are meals out...otherwise your watching your OH tucking in while you have a shake...

Well the dilemma still continues... I had a chat with one of the medical people at Lipotrim yesterday (what a NICE bunch they are!) and firstly she said there will be no problems getting my Lipotrim through customs. I just need to take them in the Lipotrim carrier bag in my hand luggage. Apparantly customs have seen them the whole world over and there won't be any problems.
Secondly, my daughter who was MEGA focused on 100% before she refed recently for a wedding, has found it almost impossible to go back to 100% even though she was absolutely certain she would be able to beforehand. When I mentioned this to the LT person, she told me that 90% of people who are VERY sure they will go back to 100% after a refeed, don't! And that the first time we do 100% TFR is always the easiest without a doubt. Coming back on to it is always a bigger challenge.
With this kind of info ... it makes me realise how amazing you are Deezer... you seem to be the one in ten who has managed to go back to it. My hero :D lol Still, you make me realise it IS possible, even though most fail.
I must say though, for the sake of a few meals, it seems a shame to potentially lose my 100%. I talked to my OH last night about it and he says he honestly doesnt mind what I choose to do because he wants me to be happy. (What a treasure). SO..... I still havent decided, but will enjoy reading your comments about this. I'm sure there will come a point before I go, that I will know what's right for me :)

Well the dilemma still continues... I had a chat with one of the medical people at Lipotrim yesterday (what a NICE bunch they are!) and firstly she said there will be no problems getting my Lipotrim through customs. I just need to take them in the Lipotrim carrier bag in my hand luggage. Apparantly customs have seen them the whole world over and there won't be any problems.
Secondly, my daughter who was MEGA focused on 100% before she refed recently for a wedding, has found it almost impossible to go back to 100% even though she was absolutely certain she would be able to beforehand. When I mentioned this to the LT person, she told me that 90% of people who are VERY sure they will go back to 100% after a refeed, don't! And that the first time we do 100% TFR is always the easiest without a doubt. Coming back on to it is always a bigger challenge.
With this kind of info ... it makes me realise how amazing you are Deezer... you seem to be the one in ten who has managed to go back to it. My hero :D lol Still, you make me realise it IS possible, even though most fail.
I must say though, for the sake of a few meals, it seems a shame to potentially lose my 100%. I talked to my OH last night about it and he says he honestly doesnt mind what I choose to do because he wants me to be happy. (What a treasure). SO..... I still havent decided, but will enjoy reading your comments about this. I'm sure there will come a point before I go, that I will know what's right for me :)

I think the secret for me was i know i am so far from goal... i tried t think about how much better i feel about myself now i have lost some of the weigh and how much better i will feel again!!! I had soooo many lovely comments on holiday it made me determined!!!

We arrived back saturday night about 8pm.... we had a take away that i ate a quarter of and froze the rest as i was SOOOOO not going to the supermarket lol....

Then Sunday was back on it!!!! No 'ooooh well i'll have a couple of days!!!' Made sure the shakes were waiting for me when i got home!!!

What about some sort of compromise.... have 2 shakes and have a low carb evening meal.... the not drinking doesn't bother me so much and maybe if you could have a spot of something nice to eat!! But no wine!!! You'd still have another low cal week really!!!

When i was away i still stuck with the water intake/black tea etc... then the transition back wouldn't be so harsh!!!

Hope you find something!!! Getting back onto it its't as bad as i thought... You kind of know what to expect... but if you feel you wouldnt be that bothered being 100% on holiday then do it.... Good luck hun with whatever you decide sweetie!!! x

UkLady, If you think you can stick to it while on hoilday then do it lovely. Personally i couldn't, but there will be more holidays when you are at your goal so if you are worried about coming off it and getting back on and think that that would be too much for you then sticking to it 100% maybe the right answer for you. Let us know what you decide and good luck with whatever you do x

Would it be too difficult to take the sachets with you & then decide when you get there? It would be awful for you to decide to indulge & then wish you'd taken them?? Personally I wouldn't have the willpower in Italy, but good luck with your decision!

I like Mackie's idea of taking them with you and deciding when you get there but personally I stayed 100% on my holiday and was SO glad I did. I had no problem sticking to it and had loads of energy. I know that I could not have "eaten sensibly" on holiday but then I'm an all-or-nothing girl! I had tons to lose with months to go and just wanted to stay focused. I knew I would always find reasons to refeed but would also have lots of holidays in the future as a slim and healthy woman! Like you, I didn't want to risk the extra weight gain and difficulty restarting and now I've only got one more week on 100% before refeeding. Have fun whatever you choose! :D

Hi UK Lady, when I first did Lipotrim, 4 weeks in my husband whisked me off on a surprise holiday to Dubai! There was no time to even think about refeeding... I stayed 100% and still had a great time.

PS: no problems with customs, just make sure you buy water once you've gone through customs before you board. It gets dehydrating up in the air!

hi uklady, ive just been to the lakes for the weekend last week and i stayed 100%. it was so easy i am so focused to lose weight. we past so many lovely restaurants and the smells were so tempting but i didnt give in. just take the shakes with you and even if you have 2 a day and a healthy meal at night it will do less damage than eating what you want xx good luck xx

Back