I looked pregnant at my friends wedding

I have to say I am probably the fattest I will ever let myself get. I've always been able to wear my weight a couple of stone over the optimum but where do you hide 4.5stone?

It was my close uni friends wedding on Saturday and I am mortified at how enormous I look, especially around my stomach. I hadnt seen some of the guests in over 10 years and now the only picture they have of me is a fat one. I am really upset with myself and dreadng the facebook pics:cry:people told me i looked beautiful but I dont want to be pretty and fat because they also see that I'm sure.

On the night of the wedding I went back to my hotel and cried my eyes out a) because I looked fat and b) because I felt more alone than ever being at a wedding and surrounded by smoochy couples!!:wave_cry:

Sadly, I have been comfort eating for weeks before this wedding and I tried to stop but had already anticipated the day and that made me eat more.:(

Im at such a low ebb compared to when I came on here a few weeks ago...just hoping to hear some words of wisdom to help me lift my spirits.

xx

ps sorry in advance for being so low, didn't know where else to go and I think everyone on this forum is fabulous and show me it can be done. I also know many here can relate to my story

oh darlin',sounds like you've been having a really tough time:(
all i can say is that,i very rarely go to do's,cos i feel too fat!
but i've decided i'm going to start going to things again now,cos if no body sees me at my weight now,i'll miss out on the compliments farther on as i change!!;)

but you have to remember that most people,really do like you for you.and when they say you look beautiful they mean it!we always see ourselves as far fatter than others see us).
and sometimes it'll be just one thing(like feeling low after your friends wedding)that can really make you decide to take your control back.

you can pick yourself up,and say "well,thats the last time i'm gonna feel like that".you can do it:)

i've been back on track for only a couple of weeks,but already i can feel changes for the good emotionally.i think it's cos i know i can do it,and i feel like i am doing it now!
just seeing those first few pounds go starts to remind you of what you are capable of.
try not to stay down about it,it's over now.and you were brave enough to go,even though you'd been stressing on it.(i'd have probably stayed at home like a coward:().so give yourself a big pat on the back.and start here and now.
everything will be so different this time next year!!
good luck to you hun,and big hugs:hug99:

I'm sure you looked fantastic! And don't worry about what other people thing - just keep in mind that their picture of you doesn't have to be reality forever! You can lose weight and then the next time you see them all (the next wedding or whatever) you'll have tons of people telling you how stunning you look!

I know stuff like this can be heart-breaking, but if you can, try to make it into something positive and inspiring!

Good luck
xx

Thank you both! I feel lots better this week. It was a blip but felt really rough at the time. I have lost a few pounds since last weekend so that's only a few pounds in the entire month as I slipped back from having lost 7lb to piling it all on to now losing 3lb in the month.

However, it is like you say 'think this time next year' and that is what I'm trying to focus on. Phoenix and Miss Bee you are both
right...thanks for the support. Coming back at ya..

How are you ladies getting along? xx

I'm glad you're doing better! I hate the 'what's the point?' feelings that just can't be avoided sometimes. Well done for getting back on track

I'm good :) Week one went fantastic for me, I lost 12lb, which rocks.

so glad you're better fitty wanabe:)
not been the best day for me to be honest:(
been good all week,and still sts,so am feeling slightly peaved to say the least.
and now i've gone and messed up(blooming pizza!!:break_diet:)
oh well,s'pose it happens.
i'll be back on it tommorow.

well done to you phoenixshonour,that is an amazing loss,it certainly does rock!!

Brilliant news Phoenix!!!!!

Miss Bee it certainly does happen...hope you have a good weekend and are back on the wagon. at least you were really good all week :)

x

Hi there, I'm sorry I haven't been back on since the last post. Thanks ladies...how are you??

I've been yo-yoing so went through a good patch with diet and exercise but dipped in the last 2 weeks. So making today a re-start...this gets tiring but have to keep going right?? xx

hi there fitty wanabe.
glad to see you're back here and getting back on track:D
well,the healthy eating is still going well for me,despite some stresses(my mum's been very ill:()but as yet i haven't run for the comfort food,so feeling thankful for that!
and yes it can be tiring at times,and a bit boring,but remember how good we're all gonna feel when we reach our goals!!
more power to you girl!

we can do this:)

Hi Fitty wannabe...
Its so true we just have to keep on going and WE can do it.. yes we will have moments where we go off track but i guess thats just all part of this journey and the best thing is when you feel down and dont feel like carrying on just come and visit this site and you will feel so much better... My journey so far has been up and down but i am DETERMINED to meet my goal..just hang in there and you will be just fine.. dont feel alone we are all here for each other :)

Hi all, I just had to comment on this thread as it was a wedding (and then the facebook pics that followed) that motivated me to finally do something about my weight. Although I felt terrible at the time, I'm really glad the whole situation happened - if it hadn't then I might still be the same size I was and pushing it to the back of my mind.

Whatever motivates you, stay determined!!

hope al you ladies are well! I stepped on the scale for the first time in ages yesterday to see I have lost 9lb. It isnt a lot as I started in July but had a lot of glitches along the way. i gave up lactose a few weekes ago as I suspected an intolerance and i have dropped weight since then! It is slow but on the way down :) xx

I did see some on the wedding pics and they werent half as bad as I had thought. But I could still see plenty of room for improvement!

Hey fitty wannabe that is FAB news well dont on ur 9lbs loss that should definately keep you motivated and keep you on track... Keep going no matter how slow the process may be :)

Thanks Precious, i am certainly feeling more motivated and on track! :) x

Back