I love my MIL

blitz

Silver Member
Im lucky as as MIL is a lovely person. She was one of the few that I told at the start that I was going to do this diet, and although she has never been overweight she is very supportive to me.

Anyway I mentioned that I was dreading today, pancake day as my husband loves pancakes and I didnt want to be cooking them and have the smell lingering in the house. So she has arrrange for him to call in and will cook them for him and then she's said she will also do his tea. I know its her son but she didnt need to do it and its really to save me having the nice smells in the house.

So Im a happy person today.

Im lucky as as MIL is a lovely person. She was one of the few that I told at the start that I was going to do this diet, and although she has never been overweight she is very supportive to me.

Anyway I mentioned that I was dreading today, pancake day as my husband loves pancakes and I didnt want to be cooking them and have the smell lingering in the house. So she has arrrange for him to call in and will cook them for him and then she's said she will also do his tea. I know its her son but she didnt need to do it and its really to save me having the nice smells in the house.

So Im a happy person today.

Awww - how lovely of her :) FAB to know that there are still some wonderful peeps in the world......

Debz
xx

awww. i need one of those MILs!

Ahh how nice of her:D

I've bought some 'Aunt bessies' frozen ones so as won't have to 'cook' any, just bung em in the mocrowave!! :D

AAHh thats lovely, my mum came over the other day and served up my sunday lunch for me as I just couldnt do it,I was having a bad CB day.It made such a difference and i went and had a bath.
Nikki

Ive always got on with her and I do know how lucky I am. Ive rung her up to say thanks. Shes always doing nice things for me.

When I used to work late in winter Id come home and Id find a hotpot in the oven cooking to help me. If I go on holiday she sometimes cleans my house from top to bottom ( and its not because she feels it needed it!!) and find flowers left for me. At Easter I always get a non chocies pressie because she knows that Ive always struggled with me weight.

My SIL however takes everything she trys to do in the wrong way she doesnt appreciate how lucky she is.

I ADORE pancakes so knew today would be a bad day for me. My OH works nights you see, so if I don't make them my daughter would have to go without - she's 11 - so a bit too young to be in charge of a frying pan.

So, on my way home from work lastnight I popped into M&S and bought a microwave pack very yummy looking with caramlised apple in them (MMMmmmm!). I have given her strict instructions to eat them all before I get home! Might text her and ask her to spray the air freshener around too!

yo-yo x

WellI had totally forgotten it is pancake day today, not that it matters too much as my boys are not that keen on them....phew.
Just imagine a plate full of pancakes covered in sugar and lemon, or chocolate etc etc, now just imagine all the calories and fat etc etc .....!

Ahh how nice of her:D

I've bought some 'Aunt bessies' frozen ones so as won't have to 'cook' any, just bung em in the mocrowave!! :D

LOL Geri

When I was in Tescos this afternoon I noticed a big space where the "Aunt Bessies" pancakes should be. So it looks like a lot of people wont be "cooking" pancakes.

What a lovely MIL you have Blitz. It is nice to have someone so supportive when you are dieting

Just cooked my pancakes for the family, which i really love. I think pancakes smell awful when you are cooking them but love the taste, so when i cooked them it did not bother me. I wish toast did not smell so good when cooked.

I didn't make any for my hubby even though he likes them. He didn't want me cooking them when I can't eat them too...

Bless him!!

Love

Aaah, Blitz - how lovely for you! I thought my MIL was the best in the world, and still miss her enormously. (She called me "Flower", which I thought was charming.....especially since the standard endearment where I came from was "Chicken"!)

And she made the best Yorkshire pudding ever! ("You just cook it till it's done...."....???????)

L x

It is lovely to hear about all the lovely MIL's that there are in the world.:)

Some very thoughtful husbands out there as well.

Love Mini xxx

Back