i made a dessert by accident

Tamzy1989

Gold Member
decided i didnt want any more eggs in the house so i wanted to finish them off and get it out of my sight so i started to experiment.
i whipped up 6 egg whites until it was slightly stiff then i added in double cream, sweetener, 1 tbs of protein powder and 3 tbs of cream cheese then i placed them in the cake tins individually then sprinkled crush almonds on top and baked for 30 minutes. i made 10 of these.. so delish.

unfortunately everyone ate them before i could take a pic lol. it turned out like a chocolate soufle. i need to make more of them as its a nice one off dessert. x

Yum....

When you say "slightly stiff" do you mean before the meringue/oopsie "peaks" phase? Like, shiney but not so stiff you can hold the bowl upside down?

when i say stiff i mean beat the egss until its texture changes, so it shoudnt be too runny so that shoud give it a nice rise when its baking if that makes sense lol.

i made it into a cake, baked it in 2 flan tins, sandwiched together with whipped dble cream.
took a bit to work today, was just great, i had my own cake when everyone else was having theirs.

well done on devising this!

i made mayo with the yolks btw.

Ooh,I'll be trying this. Thank you!

Back