I made a mistake - please help!!!

LainaG

Hi I am day 2 of lipotrim and all was going well until my daugher asked me to make her a drink of orange squash. Out of habit when I made it I took a sip to check that it's not too strong. It was a tiny tiny sip (not even half a mouthful), but would it delay or stop me from going into ketosis?

I was doing so well, I can't believe I did that :cry:

Hi LainaG,
Its generally advised that it takes 3 days to enter Ketosis - you may or may not have triggered a delay but given that most drinks include citric acid it might well have done. In all honesty I wouldnt worry about the blip given how early you are in the process. 3 days is a very short space of time in the grand scheme of things - you'll lose weight regardless in your first week. Best of luck!

Don't panic a tiny sip is not the end of the world! I have chatted a lady before who had a 6 month old which meant she had to tip the 1st spoon of every meal off her tongue to taste to make sure it wasn't too hot etc and her losses were fab!

Just don't let it knock you off the wagon .. It's not even worth thinking about seriously!!

X

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It's so scary how I did it without even thinking. I won't be making that mistake again.

I'm still very determined to stick to the diet. Good luck with your own diet journeys :)

you'll be fine.....but i always find if i do something like that it reminds me of how unconciously we eat and put food in our mouths. I don't think a little sip will be that destructive.

Don't worry chuck it won't do any damage. I have tasted things by accident and nibbled on occasions. Don't let it throw you off.

Believe me chick, it will do absolutely nothing. A teeny tiny sip like that will not delay or knock you out of ketosis. I do it with my own daughter to taste her food and also see it things are the right temperature and it hasn't effected me at all. Don't even give it a second thought and good luck xxx

Thanks ladies for the re-assurances. I went to church this evening and took communion without thinking too. I'm not having too much luck today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have no slip ups. The funny thing is I haven't been tempted to eat all day so I would have been ok if I hadn't made these two mistakes.

Communion would be allowed.

The first week or so takes practise to remember you are on this kind of diet, after a while it will become second nature.

Most of us are use to putting bits of food in our mouths without giving it a second thought...suddenly you become aware on Lipotrim just how often you do it.

The danger comes when you are in full ketosis and the diet is going well, you have lost loads of weight in a short space of time and out of the blue you decide to nibble and you get away with it...then you go back for more and before you know the cravings are unlocked again making it difficult to stop and before you know it the hunger monster is unleashed and there is no coming back from it as everything tastes fantastic and the next day or the day after you notice the scales are up and disappointment sets in and this is when you are at your most vulnerable...

Give yourself some credit for doing so well all things considered.

Communion totally allowed!

Hey hun,
When I started LT last May,I was due to be wigged on day 8 and on day 7 I was making cakes with my girls and without thinking about it,I licked the spoon twice (cake mix) but I still lost 11 lbs, so don't beat yourself up about it,like everyone says it's just getting into the habit x

Thanks ladies for the re-assurances. I went to church this evening and took communion without thinking too. I'm not having too much luck today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have no slip ups. The funny thing is I haven't been tempted to eat all day so I would have been ok if I hadn't made these two mistakes.

Yep Holy Communion won't affect the diet. I've taken it everyweek since I started. Keep up the good work.:)

Thanks ladies for keeping me right with this. I'm totally new to it so I'm still finding my feet. I'm coming to the end of day 3 and I had no slip ups so hopefully I'm learning to think before putting things in my mouth.
I hope you are all doing well with your diets x

Back