I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

I've now started a food diary in my weight loss thread. Didn't see the point in starting a new one. Thanks for the advice folks.

OHHH iv noticed you do your food diary on this thread too...iv started a diary on the the other one, is it easier to do it all in one place? x

As I'm only only here at lunch and after work (and a few sneakies when I should be working) I thought I would keep it simple and do all updates in one place. AKA being too lazy to do an extra diary.

Anyway final update for yesterday Wed 11th

Mid Morn - Alpen light bar
Lunch - Pear, Shape delight crumble yog,banana
Tea - Will be some of Super Speed Soup eventually
Tea plus 4 slices wm bread(2 HEb) with Coronation Chicken filling (EL mayo- not sure syns but only had 3 prior to this so should be OK I think.

Today has been expensive so far as I had to get a new alternator for my car (OUCH):cry:. Not likely to get much better as this is Asda shop day and I need to restock on lots of stuff.

I owe I owe so off to work I go. (to the well known tune from Sleeping Beauty) :D

TGI Friday but it does mean I won't be on here again till Monday unless I get my home internet working.

Food for yesterday Thurs 12th Jan

Mid Am snack - Alpen light bar
Lunch Banana Pear and Shape delight Crumble Yog.
Mid PM snack - Alpen light bar
Dinner - SW frylight - Up (Sausage*3 - low fat, Bacon, Mushrooms, Egg & beans)

Yummy - think the sausages are 1 syn each but need to check.

Also 3 Choc sweets ~ 3 syns each = 9

Total Syns 12 or 15 if sausages are 2 each

Yey I found your thread :)

I've seen you on some other threads.

Having a diary is a great tool and you get to 'meet' loads if nice people too :)

Having looked at your food diary I'm kind if thinking you're not eating enough! I know you said you skip breakfast so you can take your pills but your lunch seems really light!?

Sometimes it's as important to eat enough as it is not to overeat!

Hope this helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with Lisa so when shopping i always by the basic's like chicked etc and always keep my cupboard stocked full of herbs and spices and tinned toms... the curries you can make from just the those few things is amazing and i now have invested in a slow cooker..... brilliant x :D

Yey I found your thread :)

I've seen you on some other threads.

Having a diary is a great tool and you get to 'meet' loads if nice people too :)

Having looked at your food diary I'm kind if thinking you're not eating enough! I know you said you skip breakfast so you can take your pills but your lunch seems really light!?

Sometimes it's as important to eat enough as it is not to overeat!

Hope this helps x

Thanks Lisa

I completely agree that I should eat more at lunch but my work has just removed our canteen facilities and I'm still getting used to bringing in stuff which is good cold and to say I'm one of life's less organised people would be a bit of an understatement. Must do better.

Any tips on stuff which is easy and good cold would be gratefully received.

Salads, pasta salad, rice salad, fruit salad, sandwiches using your hexb :D

Thanks for the suggestions I WILL get into the way of this cos today I'm properly sickened of the whole thing.

I have been good - ish (more syns than I usually have but still within limit) but am bloated and my clothes are getting tighter. Even before my two stone pre Christmas loss they were not this tight. What is going on?

I can't get any enthusiasm for anthing right now and am seriously considering jacking it all in.

Maybe I should change class or have a break cos I know I'll not be able to stick at this the way I am just now.

How can I lift my mood and get my weight to move again in the right direction. Think I need somebody to :help2: . Or else to :whip: and :asskick: .

I heard on the radio that this is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year today. I second that but need to snap out of it.

can you please advise what magic porridge is please

Hi Lolly

I haven't tried it yet but it a HEb of porridge with a muller light mixed in and left overnight in the fridge.

I keep meaning to have a go at some but never remember at night.

How are you doing today?

I totally cheesed off. And that's the polite version.

Do you have any ideas how I can buck myself up?

Nooooo, dont give up ! I have felt like you describe quite a few times and Im sure nearly everyone else on here has too, but and it is an absolute but, IT WILL PASS. You dont have to like the way you feel right now, merely tolerate it until it slips away and leaves you to carry on doing a splendid job of losing weight and feeling better about yourself............... Some thing my wonderful swc said this morning might be relavant to you too which is that when we feel bloated it is often due to water retention which is a symptom of the body when its in the process of losing fat. I'm not hot on biology and cant elaborate but I do know that she is very good at what she does and is likely to be true.

Hope you feel better soon x

Nooooo, dont give up ! I have felt like you describe quite a few times and Im sure nearly everyone else on here has too, but and it is an absolute but, IT WILL PASS. You dont have to like the way you feel right now, merely tolerate it until it slips away and leaves you to carry on doing a splendid job of losing weight and feeling better about yourself............... Some thing my wonderful swc said this morning might be relavant to you too which is that when we feel bloated it is often due to water retention which is a symptom of the body when its in the process of losing fat. I'm not hot on biology and cant elaborate but I do know that she is very good at what she does and is likely to be true.

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks - I just want to give myself a good shake but it's not helping so far. That's why I need outside help I think. Even spending a bit of time on here just now has helped a bit.

I wish my internet access was working at home then I could spend more time on minis and take in all the positivity on here.

Oh huni iv only been back 2 weeks and feel like you do...i cant go to class this week either as car failed the mot

chin up babe xx

Hi!

I have just finished my first week and I have to say from not being a breakfast kind of gal, the magic porridge is a lifesaver! Really tasty, easy and filling!

Definitely think you are not eating enough though! You must be starving by tea time!

Good luck!

Janie x

Ok. First off. There's NO WAY you're giving up! I've got my hooks into you now so those lbs will be flying off :)

Next, lunches...

Here's some ideas that we do.

Make roast chicken but get a larger chicken so you have leftovers. Then chop it up, add some pasta, veg (peppers, tomato, spring onion, sweetcorn, peas), mayo if you syn it of ff natural yoghurt if you don't want syns, add tons if seasoning - we use garlic granuals - ta da - pasta salads for a couple of days

Similarly make extra roasted veg (aubergine, squash, sweet potato, onion, courgette) mix with cous cous (we like Israeli but any type wil do) and a splash of balsamic - ta da - cous cous & roast veg salad

Other things we do are soups, leftover pasta (hubby likes this cold for lunch but I like to nuke it) and cottage cheese - I have mine with a HEB of Krisprolls or crispbreads

I hope this helps x

Hi Patsy,

I hope you manage to get out of this slump you're in. I get very easily disheartened sometimes too. It seems as though there are loads of people on here to support you and try and point you in the right direction. Just keep using every positive influence you possible can. The main thing to do though is to believe in yourself and don't allow yourself to slip back in to bad habits. Even if the diet doesn't seem to be working now, don't reach for the comfort food.

Start the day with a smile in readiness for all the happy times you plan to have! :)

Kev X

Back