I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Well after another STS yesterday which to be frank I didn't deserve, (should have been a gain) I've drawn the line________________________ and given myself a good shake, a severe talking to and am going to do much better. At least I hope so. but I am going out with a pal I've not seen for almost 2 years tomorrow night so that may not be on plan. Just planning to make fairly sensible choices if possible.

I signed up last week to the Team Tinsel challenge of 4 stone by Christmas. So far I've not lost an ounce and everyone is streaking away from me, I'm also bringing up the rear on the curvy challenge and this is just not good enough. Efforts are being redoubled and I AM going to improve my planning and get some batch cooking done as it's night time that it all goes wrong for me. Too lazy/tired to contemplate starting to cook properly when I get in late after work and all too easy to fall into bad habits. But enough is enough so it is all going to change. But not till the weekend cos I'm only human.

My mum has already booked my services to empty, defrost, clean and refill her huge chest freezer so that will be most of one of the days of the weekend taken care of but I may even do the batch cooking while I do that and get mum to stir the food etc as that's deffo easier on her than the freezer will be on me. I just need to remember not to fall in head first and close the lid.

So with my great plan in palce for the weekend I'll stop waffling now and hope you are all having a good day. :)

Positives for 25th April

Feel positive even though I had a STS last night
Plans in place for change to lazy night time food.
Think the STS has been the kick up the bum I needed.
I have great pals on minis
I have great pals not on minis.

TTFN

Hello lovely Patsy, oooh it's all go on your diary girl, party, losing your coffee machine :nono: and clocking in clock :eek:, but glad they are all safely found now along with a spare set of coffee machines, good for you I am carp without my first coffee in the morning, I definitely drink it with my eyes shut :giggle:
Will pop back later, just off to have my brunch, yeah I had a lay in too this morning :woohoo: and while I am gone will be thinking of your next challenge...with all that dancing it has to be exercise related so that next time you can dance all night :giggle: TTFN lovely :hug99: xxxx
That'll be you back them :whip: at the ready and setting me challenges. Good cos I have lost a bit of direction TBH. I've already been setting myself challenges for the weekend but the more the merrier, within reason anyway. :giggle:

Hello lovely.....well I think your challenge and challenge being the operative word here is 15 mins a day of exertion, I won't say exercise, but any exertion that makes you sweat a bit and make that heart beat a little faster plus I challenge you (after the weekend if you like) to find at least 1 new food to try out this week a superfree or free food that is lol....I just tried the oat bran Hexb, they are much nicer than the scan bran and a lot easier to digest, which is great as I plan on having them 2-3 times a week to try and speed up the weightloss.
Having the new C while ours was on hols was a good thing this week, she is very new to being a C and went over a lot of things we had forgotten I think ...for instance she pointed out that 80% of your daily food intake should be free or speed, she also pointed out that it might be a good idea to make a for and against list which I did last night, reason for staying on SW and against, couldn't think of a single against personally and finally she said for those of us that want to use the scan or oat bran biscuits to optomise our losses, should maybe think about using them instead of bread when having beans or tomatoes on toast, you can of course have all the extras with them like I just did, my yummy grill up lol....oh and loads of water too, and they were actually quite nice mixed in with the toms and beans....so there ya have it lovely as I said your challenge should you wish to accept is to eat something new at least once this week and 15 minutes a day exertion that makes you sweat and makes your heart race, that 15 mins can be broken down anyway you like 3 x 5 mins if you like xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovely.....well I think your challenge and challenge being the operative word here is 15 mins a day of exertion, I won't say exercise, but any exertion that makes you sweat a bit and make that heart beat a little faster plus I challenge you (after the weekend if you like) to find at least 1 new food to try out this week a superfree or free food that is lol....I just tried the oat bran Hexb, they are much nicer than the scan bran and a lot easier to digest, which is great as I plan on having them 2-3 times a week to try and speed up the weightloss.
Having the new C while ours was on hols was a good thing this week, she is very new to being a C and went over a lot of things we had forgotten I think ...for instance she pointed out that 80% of your daily food intake should be free or speed, she also pointed out that it might be a good idea to make a for and against list which I did last night, reason for staying on SW and against, couldn't think of a single against personally and finally she said for those of us that want to use the scan or oat bran biscuits to optomise our losses, should maybe think about using them instead of bread when having beans or tomatoes on toast, you can of course have all the extras with them like I just did, my yummy grill up lol....oh and loads of water too, and they were actually quite nice mixed in with the toms and beans....so there ya have it lovely as I said your challenge should you wish to accept is to eat something new at least once this week and 15 minutes a day exertion that makes you sweat and makes your heart race, that 15 mins can be broken down anyway you like 3 x 5 mins if you like xxx:hug99:xxx
I know it will be a shock but once more I am going to accept your challenge. SO 15 mins exertion per day and a new free or superfree a week. Gotcha. Like the sound of the oatbran biscuits what are they?? :)

The oat bran are same as the scan bran but they are oat instead of Bran, get them from class if your C actually buys them, this new C we had this week did so grabbed a few packs before she disappeared again lol but you can buy them from Holland and Barratt online, not all shops sell them so probably best if you're thinking about them to buy them off the net.
Glad you accepted the challenge, I love trying new things...I try to do something new every week myself, tried Kohlrabi this week, seen it loads of times and even think many years ago I tried it but couldn't quite remember so gave it a go last week, very yum and definitely a regular from now on .....
Oh and no I'm not surprised you accepted, you sound like me...if I am challenged or dared I have to do it, have to save face mostly :giggle: :hug99: xxxxxx

Thanks lovely Lily. I will see if H & B have them or get tehm on line as they sound good. My C hasn't had anything but HIFI bars since I've been back. And I've stopped going to class ATM anyway Mainly cos the office move means and extra half hour on my journey and it's tough to get enough flex to nash off that early each week. And TBH I was not getting much from class as it wasn't encouraging me to be good and wasn't motivating me at all. She was really just weighing us all and listing the losses round the room. No motivation no ideas not new initiatives not even promoting the stuff which SW was making a big deal of on the website. She was even not really bigging up EE as the way forward just mainly sticking to the old style plans. Even when I asked about Body Magic she never looked into it and certainly didn't promote exercise as a help to losses ond no sign of BM stickers or badges. Think my time and money will be better spent on doing something else. However if I find I can't do it on my own with help from all my minis pals I can always go back. :)

Your C and even your temp C seem much more open to all the new stuff and initiatives SW are doing. Hope I can still come to all you clubbers for syn values once my online stops working. :) It's really the only bit of online I used but amn't prepared to pay full online membership. I wish they would allow syns online for a reduced fee for lapsed members. But as they don't I'll have to rely in the good nature of my minis pals. :)

Hey sweetie, I am going to ask my C next week, if he can buy in the oat bran as I can see me eating them regularly, if he says yes I'll get extras and we can sort out how I can get them to you, it's got to be cheaper than buying from H&B and their postage as they are about 25p a pack cheaper in class plus these websites charge about £4 postage, now I know it won't cost that much.
The C last night was ok very new only been a C for 10 weeks, and to be honest very much it's my way or the highway, we kind of felt hang on this is our class and you should be adapting to us and not the other way round, not sure I like the way she does class, so I know if she were my full time C i'd be off elsewhere...even though she did come out with a few thought provoking ideas..I guess we are really spoilt by Clive he is amazing...she couldn't believe how many members we have at our group, 69 turned up last night and over 40 stayed for IT, I think she found it daunting, she said even when she went to ehr own group before becoming a C there were only about 30 members...we have had 12 new members in the last 2 weeks...we are getting to be a large group, our closest group has 94 members we have over 80 current members ...
Anyways just so I don't ramble too much, I am more than happy to help with the syn values or anything else and I agree they should have a cheaper access to syns online ...maybe you can suggest that lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Hey sweetie, I am going to ask my C next week, if he can buy in the oat bran as I can see me eating them regularly, if he says yes I'll get extras and we can sort out how I can get them to you, it's got to be cheaper than buying from H&B and their postage as they are about 25p a pack cheaper in class plus these websites charge about £4 postage, now I know it won't cost that much.
The C last night was ok very new only been a C for 10 weeks, and to be honest very much it's my way or the highway, we kind of felt hang on this is our class and you should be adapting to us and not the other way round, not sure I like the way she does class, so I know if she were my full time C i'd be off elsewhere...even though she did come out with a few thought provoking ideas..I guess we are really spoilt by Clive he is amazing...she couldn't believe how many members we have at our group, 69 turned up last night and over 40 stayed for IT, I think she found it daunting, she said even when she went to ehr own group before becoming a C there were only about 30 members...we have had 12 new members in the last 2 weeks...we are getting to be a large group, our closest group has 94 members we have over 80 current members ...
Anyways just so I don't ramble too much, I am more than happy to help with the syn values or anything else and I agree they should have a cheaper access to syns online ...maybe you can suggest that lol xxx:hug99: xxx
I think knowing how good your class is just made me realised what I was missing out on. Thanks for offering to do the syns checking for me, I think even if I did raise it with SW it wouldn't make any diff. :)

Afternoon PP

and well done on your sts
Thanks Kally I dodged anoither bullet there I think. Hope it doesn't all catch up with me eventually, I have a horrible feeling it might. :)

well done on the STS. hope all these challenges help you to be back on track!

well done on the sts :)

I need to get back on track too, so am going for a really focused 100% day.

You can do this, when you're focused and your mind is on the end goal you do amazingly well. Lily's challenge sounds great. Have you got an idea of what new thing you're going to try?

An STS isn't a gain Patsy as I know you're aware. It won't catch up on you if you don't let it. I know from reading earlier posts that you have the ability to focus on this. Lily seems to know what she's talking about and her challenge seems very sensible. As you know, I love the feeling I have after exercising. It doesn't take much. Even a brisk walk will do it.

Hope you have a successful week.

Kev X

well done on the sts :)

I need to get back on track too, so am going for a really focused 100% day.

You can do this, when you're focused and your mind is on the end goal you do amazingly well. Lily's challenge sounds great. Have you got an idea of what new thing you're going to try?
Nope not yet. I'll maybe just wander round Asda and await inspiration. Armed with the list of free and superfree of course.:)

An STS isn't a gain Patsy as I know you're aware. It won't catch up on you if you don't let it. I know from reading earlier posts that you have the ability to focus on this. Lily seems to know what she's talking about and her challenge seems very sensible. As you know, I love the feeling I have after exercising. It doesn't take much. Even a brisk walk will do it.

Hope you have a successful week.

Kev X
The exercise bit doesn't worry me too much cos as you say a brisk walk would do it. I just need to get the cravings under control and get the food more organised. :)

great positives :D

what about roughly planning your meals for the week this weekend? would that help you to keep more focused?

great positives :D

what about roughly planning your meals for the week this weekend? would that help you to keep more focused?
That's the plan, while/after I get mums chest freezer defrosted I want to do some batch cooking and have stuff I can defrost quickly so I'd just have to do the pasta, potato or rice etc to go with it on the night cos I have been really guilty of reaching for the easiest (and not always on plan) thing I can when I get in at night. I love the food when I'm organised but somehow the weekends come and go and I fail to do the batches yet again. But enough is enouigh. I WILL be more organised. I might even have to be so organised I need to store it in mums soon to be newly refurb'd freezer as mine will be too small.

However feel free to remind me I said all this if I get to Monday and it hasn't been done. :)

also what about trawling through the recipe section to find stuff that you want to try?

I'll remind you on monday and I'm sure Lily will either beat me to it or not be too far behind ;)

Back