I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

broadsbean said:
love love love my actifry its more than made up for the cost:D try putting peppers toms onions and button mushrooms in it with a dash of soy sauce :drool:

hope your day went well xxx

I love mine too
To justify its purchase use it for other things hun and not just chips mines used constantly and you'll be surprised about what you can cook in it..
Happy Tuesday Patsy x

morning from the very soggy east midlands .... anyone got a boat I can borrow ? xx
Fraid not got a boat. You'll just have to swim for it. Morning piX. PS It's sunny here ATM. :)

morning PP :wavey: hope its a good one x
Morning lovely Jackie. Got a bit of bother from my adhesions today, and they kept me awake for most of the night. Was soooo tempted to call in for a day off work. But no I have come in and am pretending it doesn't hurt. :) Hope you're having a good one. :)

Hope you have a good day PP
pompomgirl.gif
;)

I'm going to pester Chris for an actifry now as I really like the sound of chips done in it

Hope you have a good day xx

I must admit I'm a bit intrigued by the Actifry. I just pictured it as a deep fat fryer which uses less oil. It never even occurred to me that it might be useful as a diet cooking method. I've always refused to have a deep fat fryer in the house as it would be a recipe for disaster with me. I adore deep fried food and not having the fryer there makes it easier to resist. I might just need to investigate the Actifry further though. Would SW chips done in it still be free?

Hope you're having a great day.

Kev X

Saltdog said:
I must admit I'm a bit intrigued by the Actifry. I just pictured it as a deep fat fryer which uses less oil. It never even occurred to me that it might be useful as a diet cooking method. I've always refused to have a deep fat fryer in the house as it would be a recipe for disaster with me. I adore deep fried food and not having the fryer there makes it easier to resist. I might just need to investigate the Actifry further though. Would SW chips done in it still be free?

Hope you're having a great day.

Kev X

Yes Kev x The instructions that come with it say use a spoon full of olive oil so if you follow that it could be your HEB but we never bother and just use spray oil! So freeeeeeeeee :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lsf666 said:
Yes Kev x The instructions that come with it say use a spoon full of olive oil so if you follow that it could be your HEB but we never bother and just use spray oil! So freeeeeeeeee :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The same I just use frylight to cook.everything

Hope your having a good day PP. sounds like you've been enjoying your new toy. i sooooo want 1, but can't afford one :( loving the pompoms with every post. they bring a smile to my face. :)

where are you PP? missing the pompoms & cheeriness & positives etc. hope you're ok?

Morning PP

Hope you have a great day xx
Thanks Em :)

Hope your having a good day PP. sounds like you've been enjoying your new toy. i sooooo want 1, but can't afford one :( loving the pompoms with every post. they bring a smile to my face. :)
Me too
emoticon-cheerleader.gif
. Sadly I've not beenusing my actifry the last few days cos I've not been able to eat. :-(

Morning PP

have a happy Wednesday chook x
Thanks Kally
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Morning,

Hope you have a great day x
Thanks Tinks,
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

where are you PP? missing the pompoms & cheeriness & positives etc. hope you're ok?
Been off work poorly for 2 days and only just feel up to looking at lappy. Tried for 5 mins yesterday then gave up. Think I;m on the mend now. Well I hope so.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

do you think pp needs a little cheer of her own ?
i haven't got trendy pompoms but here goes any way :D

:party0011::party0011::party0011: pp where are you, come back soon, cos we miss you :party0011::party0011::party0011:

:bolt: ok leaving now :bolt:
Thanks Mandy
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Lovely to come back to so many lovely messages. Thank you all
emoticon-cheerleader.gif
Not sure what causes it but sometimes the adhesions left over from my 10 yrs on peritoneal dialysis take a funny turn and spasm. As some of them go right round my large intestine it can get very painful and if I continue to eat it gets very messy as there ends up being nowhere for food to go. I started to realise something was happening on Monday but managed to stay at work on Tuesday. However by Wednesday the pain had forced me to take time off And TBH I wasn't much better this morning. I keep hoping the spasms will ease off and through traffic will resume. Sorry if this is a TMI moment but tis only the truth.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

On the up side knowing that I can't eat without it bouncing has meant I'm due for a loss on Tuesday to go with the couple of pounds I lost this week which were probably due to not eating Tuesday. Maybe being a bit better behaved all week also helped.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

So today the only thing I've eaten is a low cal jelly and some chocolate. Both of which have no fibre so shouldn't be a problem but it's not exactly a balanced diet but I can't face looking for anything else.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Gonna try to do some positives to make myself feel better.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

It's been 2 days of glorious sunshine while I've been off.
I lost a couple of pounds this week.
My lovely minis friends were concerned about me
The pain is diminishing a bit I think.
My cheerleader cheers me up whenever I use it.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Can't think of any more ATM so TTFN
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Hope you feel better soon PP xx

I've had to google that PP! I had no idea what it was :eek:

I hope things settle down soon and you feel better quick! xxx

Hope you feel better soon PP xx
Yhanks Emma
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

I've had to google that PP! I had no idea what it was :eek:

I hope things settle down soon and you feel better quick! xxx
Thanks Corky It's not a very pleasant side effect from the dialysis but usually doesn't bother me to much. Don't know what happened this time. I'm hoping it feels better soon too, cos I'm getting bored of it now.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Back