I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

:bighug: pp you can do this :D xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie, I took your advice and had another look at the pod site to help with my goal setting. Just got to set them down on paper now. Hopefully more realistic and will help me focus.

SO my plan going forward is to actually use my diary (I know .. heard it all before) to log my food, thoughts and positives. And tah dah my exercise, which I'm seriously going to get to grips with if I can. It may seem petty but I plan to log not just planned time exercising but to also count tidying and other housework activities as BM cos I'm a very goal driven person and my house is a sty ATM and hopefully logging everything will help motivate me to get on with stuff round the house as well as getting a bit fitter.

I think the state of the place is partly responsible for my low moods and it has been a problem since I had a bout of serious depression last year. I let it get into a real state at that time and have never managed to get it back under control and it all seems too daunting to tackle so I end up doing nothing. My hope is that if I'm counting it as BM I'll do a little and not get caught up in whether or not I've finished the task but focus more on how long I've "exercised" for and be spurred on by this.

My garden is also a jungle and got lots worse when I was depressed and again I don't know where to start. In the past I've planned to tackle it by setting each task down and then ended up feeling like a complete failure when I didn't manage to complete the whole task in the alloted time. Again if my focus is on BM time then I will have more successes and more positive reinforcement.

All big plans but to fail to plan is to plan to fail as they say.

The first bit of my plan will have to be to get ready at some point over the next few days for going away next weekend.

I'm offski with a bunch of older people from a local "Lunch Club" for an extended w/end in Newtonmore (further north in Scotland). My official purpose is to accompany my mum as she's too unsteady to go on her own nowadays. But it gives me a nice break too. Also makes me feel young and fit as I'm the youngest there by at least 20 years.

So need to dig out the suitcase and get the laundry organised, washed ironed and packed and my list for last minute stuff done too. May seem odd that that I have to plan for packing but I'm so out of practice that I need to be a bit better organised then I'm used to. I think I'm the world's least organised person TBH, apart from going to work and keeping things ticking over at home I'm useless at it.

Well it's a lovely day here and I'm going to sort out the washing firstly then go out and do a bit in the garden or go for a walk, or both.

I'm also going out to a friends for tea tonight but that's not till 6.30 or 7 so lots to do before then.

So time to get started on my grand plan then. See you later. :)

PP I have to read and run but coming back later to re read this. I am just going to say I am really proud of you huni :bighug: you can and you will do this. We can help each other :bighug:

I too need to declutter so operation declutter can begin in both houses and we can share the 'after' photos the befores are too horrific :giggle: our garden is in desperate need too and we have made a start but have a lot to do, so lets go for it shall we?? Little steps? Its hard fitting it in around work etc but we can even 15 mins will make a difference and good body magic :D

Fab positive post and remember here for you anytime okay? :bighug: xxxxxxxxx

PP I have to read and run but coming back later to re read this. I am just going to say I am really proud of you huni :bighug: you can and you will do this. We can help each other :bighug:

I too need to declutter so operation declutter can begin in both houses and we can share the 'after' photos the befores are too horrific :giggle: our garden is in desperate need too and we have made a start but have a lot to do, so lets go for it shall we?? Little steps? Its hard fitting it in around work etc but we can even 15 mins will make a difference and good body magic :D

Fab positive post and remember here for you anytime okay? :bighug: xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie. Like you say once I got started even with the post it all spewed out and I struggled to stop. You're a brave woman for even trying to make sense of my ramblings. :D

Hope operation declutter goes successfully and yes we can certainly compare after photos. Before photos will either never be taken or will never see the light of day. Way too scary. :D

Hiya :)

Just thought i'd pop on to see how you are today? Had a little read at your previous posts and you seem to have got a real motivation boost again..thats great :D

I hope all the things you are going to try to do work out for you..and you have loads of people on here to help with advice/motivation/ear to listen to :)

Hope your weekend is going good ;) x

P.S You CAN do it :D

Well it's been a lovely day and I actually went for a walk. Only 20 mins but still it was a walk none the less. Then I stayed out in the garden for about a half hour enjoying the fresh air but can't really count it as BM as I was mainly just wandering around and looking at what all needs doing. OMG it can be narrowed down to everything. Still trying not to get down about it and to view it as excellent BM. Just trying to work out where to pick as my starting point. Might do it as unscientifically as working out from where I park the car on the drive. Or might do the front border first so the roadside at least looks a bit more presentable. I'm deffo going to do piccies for the before view so that I can see how far I've come. (positive thinking or what.)

Food for today has been bit haphazard though - one step at a time maybe. Had a bag of velvet crunch and a couple of Hartleys low cal jellies.

I'm off now to get ready to go out to a friends for tea, so no idea what is on the menu but I'm looking forward to the visit as I've not been to see her for a few weeks.

Might report back in when I get back or I might wait till tomorrow. I'll see how tired I am. Oh and need to remember the clocks go forward overnight too. I hate when they do that it really knocks out my body clock for weeks.

See you later. :)

Hiya :)

Just thought i'd pop on to see how you are today? Had a little read at your previous posts and you seem to have got a real motivation boost again..thats great :D

I hope all the things you are going to try to do work out for you..and you have loads of people on here to help with advice/motivation/ear to listen to :)

Hope your weekend is going good ;) x

P.S You CAN do it :D

Thanks. Just writing it all down has helped I think. So all I need to do is put it into action. Hope you're having a good w/end too. :D

Hi PP, how has today gone?xx

As long as it continues to improve thats the main thing, take things slowly, Im glad your mood has been better, my days been boring just waiting to go to work :(

pp that post could have been written by me :sigh:
I understand completly how you feel, about the weight and about the house work :confused: sometimes i look at the task ahead and think i can't do it.

Then you lot pull me up with your support and advice, making me smile and out right giggle.

you can do this pp, and so can i, we will support each other and we WILL do it.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

As long as it continues to improve thats the main thing, take things slowly, Im glad your mood has been better, my days been boring just waiting to go to work :(

In my book if the highlight was going to work I be so upset. Hope tomorrow is better for you anyway. :D

pp that post could have been written by me :sigh:
I understand completly how you feel, about the weight and about the house work :confused: sometimes i look at the task ahead and think i can't do it.

Then you lot pull me up with your support and advice, making me smile and out right giggle.

you can do this pp, and so can i, we will support each other and we WILL do it.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
Thanks Mandy I just had to clear the air a bit. Hopefully it will help me get my head straight. It was only after I submitted it I thought what a load of drivel and almost changed it. I stopped myself though as it was truly all heartfelt and I think I need to be more honest with myself.

As you say we are all here to help each other and we WILL do this together.:D

Yes we will PP xx

Sunday 25th March - day 2 of my new plan. :D

I've had a really long lie in this morning. I find the best way to deal with the upset to my body clock from the clocks changing is to sleep through it. :D

So the plan for today is to continue to get ready for my weekend away. More laundry and ironing and starting to pack a few bits and bobs.

I also want to go for another walk and/or to spend a bit of time in the garden.

Positives for today

1. Enjoyed my walk yesterday.
2. Looking forward to another walk today.
3. Feel a bit more in control of food today.
4. Enjoyed my visit last night.
5. I'm going away for the weekend next weekend.

Food last night was sweet thai chilli on noodles but was from a jar and although lovely I know they are quite high syn wise. I can only assume the cheesecake for sweet was quite high too but as I'm not exactly on plan ATM I'm not bothered TBH. :D

I'm going to try harder with the food today though.:D

Good to see you more positive again. You can do it. Believe me, your house couldn't really be in a worse state than mine! I'm too embaressed by it to even invite friends over for a coffee, or let my kids pals come to tea! But definately thinking of decluttering and cleaning up as BM sounds like a good idea to me. A little at a time, and before you know it you'll be there.
I'm sure you'll get back on plan soon, but for now it's just good to have you back. :bighug:

Back