I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

OMG what a bummer, yep definitely worth a try, Mal was in much the same situation 6 weeks and he would have made 32 years but they wouldn't let him stay longer and had to go almost immediately that happened on the Friday, his final shift of the week was Saturday and Monday he had no job, luckily though being the big company they were they paid all his redundancy, holiday and wages the following week and Mal being Mal had another job 2 days later...anyways enough about me, hope you can relax a bit now and try to enjoy your "retirement"...Mal had paid into a pension all his working life and was made redundant at 51 and has collected it ever since ...not point waiting really may as well get as much back as we can lol
Anyway lovely have a nice evening xxx:hug99:xxx
Thanks Lily. Feeling quite good about it today. Trying to focus on all the things I'll have time and energy to do now, hopefully anyway.

Been reading the posts , thinking bout you patsy, love and hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks hun. :D

Thanks Lily. Not exactly stress free as redundancy VR window closed yesterday and everyone a bit jumpy. Was told informally today that I got VR but as yet no real confirmation and I lose out on almost a full month's pay cos I only get to 21 yrs 11mths 2 wks and 4 days service by the likely leaving date. Trying to get them to extend mine by 2wks 1 day. Prob won't work but worth a try. :D

that stinks, they should at least round it up. Just plain mean to leave it. Then again it was like me getting one mark of an A in an exam and the idiots wouldnt remark..same thing i suppose

that stinks, they should at least round it up. Just plain mean to leave it. Then again it was like me getting one mark of an A in an exam and the idiots wouldnt remark..same thing i suppose
They changed it a year and a half ago to not pro rata the months. Had a feeling it would catch me out but original timescales was leaving mid June. Now mid May and I miss out (probably, still not heard for sure).

They changed it a year and a half ago to not pro rata the months. Had a feeling it would catch me out but original timescales was leaving mid June. Now mid May and I miss out (probably, still not heard for sure).

Hope they delay it by 2 weeks then you won't miss out :)

Hello lovely, Happy Valentines Day hun, :fingerscrossed: for you hun, glad you're feeling a bit more relaxed today, now its time to plan your retirement and add relaxation time in too, don't be overworking yourself catching up on all those jobs that need doing, they'll wait xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovely, Happy Valentines Day hun, :fingerscrossed: for you hun, glad you're feeling a bit more relaxed today, now its time to plan your retirement and add relaxation time in too, don't be overworking yourself catching up on all those jobs that need doing, they'll wait xxx:hug99:xxx
Tee Hee probably not much danger of me overdoing it TBH. But there are a lot of things I want to get round to but I plan to pace myself. Will just be nice to have time with no deadlines and to not have that sinking feeling on a Monday morning. Can't actually call it retirement though cos can't claim my pension but I do know what you mean. :D

Tee Hee probably not much danger of me overdoing it TBH. But there are a lot of things I want to get round to but I plan to pace myself. Will just be nice to have time with no deadlines and to not have that sinking feeling on a Monday morning. Can't actually call it retirement though cos can't claim my pension but I do know what you mean. :D

Thats why in the post prior to that I put retirement in inverted commas lol today I was being too lazy lol....good plan hun, make the most of it and leave the jobs till you get bored of being home lol xxx

Thats why in the post prior to that I put retirement in inverted commas lol today I was being too lazy lol....good plan hun, make the most of it and leave the jobs till you get bored of being home lol xxx
My list is as long as your arm but I'd like to give the house a real good clean - not just the bats of carpet I can see etc. I NEED to spend a bit of time on the repair and repaint of the exterior of the house or the windows WILL fall out completely and my jungle could use a bit of TLC but it may be too late for this year by the time I'm free. I draw the line a weeds that are taller than me.

Then there's my hobbies and catching up with friends and and and.........

Lol love it, sounds like my house and my plans, only difference is I have a hubby that can do them :8855: xxx

Morning patsy have a great day x

Hi pp. hope your well Hun. Glad that your feeling old about the vr and making some fab plans for it. Your fab lady x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Hi Jo. Good to see you back, Yep now looking forward to having the freedom. I will no doubt have down days about it though but trying to focus on the positives where I can. :D

Morning pp hope you had a good weekend , xxx

Thanks for all the notes Yvonne. TBH my w/end was a bit rubbish cos I had a Barium follow through on Friday and I reacted really badly to it. Mess at both ends simultaneously. Sorry if TMI but I was well fragile.

Took most of the w/end to get over it.

Was a lovely feeling this morning to know I only have another 12 Mondays to get up for this job. :D :eek:

Oh sweetheart how awful , I hope you feel better now. Hugs xx,
12 more Mondays wow , glad u made a desision and your happy wiv it , you been going through torture trying to know what to do for the best xx

Oh sweetheart how awful , I hope you feel better now. Hugs xx,
12 more Mondays wow , glad u made a desision and your happy wiv it , you been going through torture trying to know what to do for the best xx

Thanks Yvonne. I'm feeling a lot better today and even managed to eat lunch. Reeeeeesult. Yep it was horrible trying to decide and I may have made a huge mistake but I'm focussing on the positives where I can. :D and it felt really good to be able to count Mondays this morning. :D

Hi PP... Just catching up on some diarys. Sorry you have been going through the mill a bit!

Big hugs xx

Back