I messed up...

RachaelP

I ate tonight :( But i am just gonna draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. I am feeling very guilty but trying to ignore it as that is drawing me towards food more!

I know why i ate, i have had an absolutely horrendous day which i dont really wanna go into :cry:And yes i know i shouldnt eat my emotions but i just caved.

I am still determined to carry on though. Hope it wont do too much damage :(

I ate tonight :( But i am just gonna draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. I am feeling very guilty but trying to ignore it as that is drawing me towards food more!

I know why i ate, i have had an absolutely horrendous day which i dont really wanna go into :cry:And yes i know i shouldnt eat my emotions but i just caved.

I am still determined to carry on though. Hope it wont do too much damage :(

Hi Rachaelp, the only way to deal with a situation like this is exactly what you said "draw a line under today and carry on"
We are all human and yes make mistakes, the only thing i can say is something that i am just trying to learn is to find other ways of dealing with bad situations than eating as in the long run we just get more upset after we have eaten and it just ends up a vicious circle which we find hard to break.
Emotional eating is usually the reason why we are overweight, if we eat or dont eat realistically it is not going to make the situation better just make us feel worse after.
Just drink loads of water tomorrow and you should be back in ketosis within a few days.
Soz you had a hard day, next time u feel low just come online and post as there is always someone about to support you.
Take care x

Hi Rachaelp

As you've said yourself, you need to draw a line under it and move on. There is nothing you can do to reverse it so forget about what you've eaten, get back on the LT wagon and carry on as normal.

If you're feeling like you're going to cave in you should log onto here. The support you will get is amazing and there will always be someone here to offer words of encouragement.

Good luck with it, use the forum and keep us posted on how you're getting on

x

Pick yourself up & start again :) No sense beating yourself up about it - what is done is done...

However... do something that'll help in times of weakness... write a note to yourself explaining why you are doing this diet, it'll help re-emphasise & re-enforce your goal :)

Best of luck - tomorrow is a brand new day :) x

You are at least drawing a line under it! That is the best policy. It happens to the best of us!! I had a blip 3-4th week and I am actually stronger for it now. I just bottled up the feelings which were vile and I hated them, and I remind myself everytime I want to cave in!! So, do the same!

No point worrying about what has gone, now look to the future sweetie.

Just jump on here when it happens next time.

Take care

You have taken the first step by coming on here and confessing all, we respect you for that! Now have faith in yourself, you can do this, pin a photo of a skinnier you (or you at your biggest, depending on what will inspire you most) or an outfit you'd like to be able to wear and pin it up in a prominent place, next time you feel tempted look at that photo and remember why you are putting yourself through this.

I've been there, the number of times I have reached for the choccy after a stressful day or an argument with my teenage son, well it explains why I ended as big as I did and why I'm back again!!!! I can't change the stress in my job or turn my teenage son into a human being (not till he's over puberty at least!) but I can change how I deal with these times, it's tough but I can do it, and so can you.

Tomorrow (or is it today now!!!!) is another day and you can make it a new start. Good luck babe and hang in there.

x

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, although i only ate some chicken i didnt have my last shake to make up for it - checked this morning and i havent come out of Ketosis (according to my wee sticks anyway lol)

And i had an awful belly ache this morning so i think that has made up for it (bit of an overshare there but hey lol)

New day, new start :)

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, although i only ate some chicken i didnt have my last shake to make up for it - checked this morning and i havent come out of Ketosis (according to my wee sticks anyway lol)

And i had an awful belly ache this morning so i think that has made up for it (bit of an overshare there but hey lol)

New day, new start :)

Chicken you should deffo be OK with as it's zero carbs & all protein... it's how Atkins works too however whilst it won't affect your ketosis it obviously has calories in it... you should be OK tho :)

That said you should've had the last shake as the 3 shakes together contain the balance of vits / minerals your body needs daily in lieu of 'normal' food :)

Anyway - onwards & upwards :) x

Right, no more cheating!

DO you know why you did it? What are you going to do if the temptation arises to cheat again?

Stick to it 100% and you can get wonderful results - and good luck for your weigh in :)

Back