I might be joining you soon

Donnamw

Hi my name is Donna, I am 39, married and have a 7 yr old and a 3 month old. I have been following slimming world on and off for 3 years now and have finally decided that I have had enough of being overweight a I have been since puberty and I am going to do something about it. After Reading most of the posts on here I finally plucked up courage to get intouch with a counsellor and have my information meeting next Tuesday.
Can you tell me what this session involves and how long it takes.(I forgot to ask)

Hi Donna and welcome to the boards!

Each LLC may conduct their info sessions differently but mine consisted of filling in a medical details form and then having a chat with the LLC and watching a DVD. There was plently of time for questions (have a look at the "questions to ask your LLC " thread) and I came away with an information pack and a medical form for my GP to fill in which you have to get back to the LLC before you can start.

I think mine lasted about an hour but will probably depend on how many of you there are (there were 2 of us when I went).

I've been on LL for 8 weeks now and am 31lbs down and like you had lost weight on SW but found I always put it back on again so here's hoping this is it this time! I think if you do the whole programme so Route To Management (LLC will explain)too you have a much better chance of keeping it off!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Wow well done you

Thats a great loss, hope I manage as well. I must have read this forum from top to bottom and will take those questions to ask with me.

Donna

hi there
i too have tried SW - and various other diets. I'm 8 weeks in today and loving LL, the break from food is doing me so much good.

RTM is going to be the key though - im never going back to another diet class when this journey is over, so i've got to do it properly!

enjoy your welcome meeting
daisy x

Hi Donna, welcome to teh LL and Minimins family

Hi Donna, I'm an newbie too.I'm been to my info session and my group starts tomorrow night at 6pm.It would be nice for someone else new to join me here as well,so hopefully you'll take the plunge! Good luck, Jan x

Hi Donna and welcome to the forum.:D

Thanks everyone. I really want to get started now. Just hope the gp isn't awkward.

Hi Donna, good luck with it all.

Just remember that when you do this, you are doing more than just reducing your excess weight; you are also learning about your eating habits, any issues you have with food, and how to re-introduce food and have a healthy relationship with it for the rest of your life... That's why the counselling and Route to Management is such an important part of LL.

If you start LL with those things in mind, and a determination to learn about and tackle those issues, you will definately succeed!

Good luck!!! :)

Back