I must be weird!

Mochaj

Gold Member
I would never have expected this to happen but since I started SS (10 days) I've actually enjoyed cooking meals for my family more :eek:

I thought that would be a real nightmare for me. I've always enjoyed cooking however in the last year or more I've not cooked properly as much as I used to and more junk has been eaten in this house.

Now I'm on SS I'm getting my urge to cook nice meals back! Maybe it's because if I can't eat it at least it's nice to create something good and smell it. lol!

The meals I'm cooking are more healthy than they used to be, so that's good practice for when I'm back on food again. I'm also spending a hell of a lot less on food bills because I'm creating nice meals from scratch so that is good news!

I decided to pamper myself because I can't eat things I used to think of as "treats", so on Friday I ordered a whopping big parcel of Bath bombs and other goodies from Lush. Can't wait till they arrive because every night I'm going to have a bath with something from that parcel in the water. That's going to be my new treat while I am on CD :D

Now I'm torturing myself! Just made mars bar rice crispie cakes with the kids!

I know, I know, I said the stuff I was cooking was healthier but this was a one off for a party :) I did accidentally lick my finger then remembered I shouldn't! So now I feel like I've cheated!

Wow you are brave though I dont really mind cooking at the moment, but if I do have a moments weakness I will chew gum until I have fed them ....that way I wont eat.

I hate cooking..just wan't to eat it all, haha.

Linda.

Dear Mochaj

I am exactly like you - I really enjoy cooking when I'm on the diet... it is strange.

I don't live with my OH so it's just me and my 5 year old son who ends up with fantastic meals for one - half of which he won't touch but it fulfills my urge to cook..

Lucky son! :) My kids are enjoying my diet, they get better meals and they are having great fun spying on me too while I cook, they're making sure I don't cheat. lol!

My own little support team! Although my youngest, she is a definite chocoholic, ate a bar of Dairy Milk from the fridge yesterday (usually they have to ask for things like that and it's limited, they are only young) Her excuse for eating it was "Well I was trying to help you with your diet Mummy! If it's not there anymore you won't see it and so you can't eat it." Any excuse, hehe.

I would never have expected this to happen but since I started SS (10 days) I've actually enjoyed cooking meals for my family more :eek:

I thought that would be a real nightmare for me. I've always enjoyed cooking however in the last year or more I've not cooked properly as much as I used to and more junk has been eaten in this house.

Now I'm on SS I'm getting my urge to cook nice meals back! Maybe it's because if I can't eat it at least it's nice to create something good and smell it. lol!

The meals I'm cooking are more healthy than they used to be, so that's good practice for when I'm back on food again. I'm also spending a hell of a lot less on food bills because I'm creating nice meals from scratch so that is good news!

I decided to pamper myself because I can't eat things I used to think of as "treats", so on Friday I ordered a whopping big parcel of Bath bombs and other goodies from Lush. Can't wait till they arrive because every night I'm going to have a bath with something from that parcel in the water. That's going to be my new treat while I am on CD :D

No Way!!! Mochaj, I was in our city center today and decided to go to Lush knowing that when I begin CD tomorrow I'm going to need as many distractions and none edible treats as poss...... I have never bought from there before and looked at the bath bombs.... couldn't choose any though, apart from being in a rush I couldnt really smell them, can you recomend a really nice one??

omg, what a fab loss in your first week!!! Great, well done, I hope I have a good loss too. I start tomorrow, bit nervous but getting lots of ideas and tips from this forum :D

I didnt enjoy cooking before starting cd really ... now Im really enjoying it, it is strange why? Im also cooking much better food from scratch for the rest of the family and getting a real buzz while cooking ... I had thought that I would struggle with cooking meals, but thank goodness its been fine.
I love smelling what Im cooking and dishing it all up nice.

I also treated myself on Lush tonight, I have gone for mainly hair care products and some soaps ..... I was tempted to keep adding to the order as there looked so many great things on there. I am a Lush virgin (looked into lush after reading Maybe Babys recommendations) so this is my first order, quite looking forward to the parcel arriving so I can have some new goodies!!!

No Way!!! Mochaj, I was in our city center today and decided to go to Lush knowing that when I begin CD tomorrow I'm going to need as many distractions and none edible treats as poss...... I have never bought from there before and looked at the bath bombs.... couldn't choose any though, apart from being in a rush I couldnt really smell them, can you recomend a really nice one??

Hi sophia

Ooooh I like nearly all of the bath bombs! Big Blue is nice, but it has bits of seaweed in it which block the plughole! It turns the water very blue though and smells heavenly.

Butterball is lovely, it leaves your skin really soft and smells sooo good.

Waving not drowning is another favourite of mine.

The bubble bars are really nice too and you can just break a small piece off so you don't need to use the whole thing in one bath. I love the Bathos one, it smells like parma violets!

The only problem with their website is I always spend double the amount I intended to spend! I can almost smell the products when I visit the website, lol.

Hi :), I know when I did LighterLife before I also enjoyed cooking healthier meals and noticed that when I wanted to eat it was always healthy food I wanted. I had to remind myself that if left to my own devices it wouldn't be the healthy stuff that I would be cramming down my neck!
Do you think we enjoy cooking more because we have more energy? I love to eat carbs but they always made me feel tired and sleepy so when it came to getting dinner ready I would be too tired and either order a takeaway or bung on something quick and convenient! Like chips!

Hi,

I don't do the cooking in our house, thats my DH job:D but I have found that I am watching more cookery programmes or programmes just about food in general on tv.

Last night I watched a great prog about top comfort foods - top 5 was - 5) Fry up, 4) Ice Cream, 3) Toast, 2) Tea & Biscuits & No. 1 Chocolate (of course). Then I watched the Naked chef cook a fab baked choc tart (I did go to bed drooling over this one ha ha ha)

I don't think you are weird at all - I love sitting in the kitchen chatting to hubby when he is cooking but as I am SS at the mo, he is usually cooking something for himself that I don't like so the temptation is not there.

Good luck with your diet journey.

P.s I will have to give the Lush site a try - everytime I go into the shop it makes me sneeze:p

that is so funny i have really got into cooking this week as well!

I have even bought ingredients to make muffins, cookies and home made bread today! Am i trying to torture myself?! It actually seems to comfort me rather than cause me pain which is really strange!

I hope my husband is hungry this week as I cant seem to stop! lol

I made spag. bol. for my oh and dd tonight, and i would have loved to eat my usual share. I did a pot noodle for my dd today, not very healthy I know but I felt sooooo ill today, anyway, even though I felt bad I could have guzzled down the pot noodle in one..... cwar, my mouth is watering. Hope I get used to cooking without eating the end result.

Mochaj, got to get me some LUSH asap. I got a tester about a week ago, not sure what it is. Its like a soft bar of soap, you put it on before you get in shower or bath and then you rub it all off,,,, hee hee, this one is PINK WITH BITS OF ROSE PETALS IN. I fancy a bath bomb and like the idea of breaking it up... just read your post about breaking your bath tiles... oops, hope you enjoyed your bath at least:eek: ttfn x oh, when is your next weigh day, you did fab week one, i hope it continues for you. :)

Hi Sophia-Jo

My next weigh in is Friday morning. I cheated and got on the scales though and so far the loss hasn't been too great this week, only 1.5lbs. I'm ignoring it though. It has to come off if I don't cheat so I'm not going to let those scales put me off :)

How are you feeling now? I read that you were feeling crappy earlier. I hope you're feeling a bit better and tomorrow is a good day for you.

I'm feelin much better now thanks, still a bit iffy but better. I hope I feel ok tomorrow, I do worry about feeling ill, I HATE being sick and don't want to be put off CD. I have to do this.

It's hard not to weigh yourself isnt it?? I have weighed myself today and it's only day 2 for me.... silly I know. My cdc said I could lose about 1lb per day, so I'm hoping to lose at least 7lbs in my first week, it's my TOTM this week so that may affect my weight loss, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a good w.loss, don't want to get disheartened.
Good luck for Friday x

Back