I must stop messing about and get this done!!

Sorry hun - i just re read .... dont mean to rant and I know its hard... Im with you all the way to the finish line....

Well I am a pathetic loser who has had a cinnamon swirl and a chicken wrap, and a packet of crisps... Why?... No idea. Maybe because I'm a loser!

Ah well, tomorrow is another day. That's the thing with CD, it only works when ketosis is the aim!

Your not a loser!! You are HUMAN. With all of the exercise your doing and if thats all you have as your 'slip up' then thats not bad at all. My problem is that I when I slip up - I dont stop the slipping up all day lol...

Im doing ok - only had 1.5 litres though so need to get more water down me.
Got a bit stressed this morning as one of my eyes is still blurred after my laser eye surgery so got all upset and felt myself wanting to eat - isnt it strange how you naturally want to self destruct when something upsets you?

Am having a bath in a bit and trying to keep calm!

Dont punish yourself - the food you ate could have been a LOT WORSE.You are doing so so well, I admire your motivation with the exercise so much too!!

xxxx

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for your support. Today turned out to be an epic fail and I feel awful.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post.... It hard to eat cake and type at the same time!... Plus have been busy working and also wanted to write a decent response. (this has the potential to turn into an essay)

I'm going to share my thoughts....(sorry).... You might want to nip off and get a cup of tea first...

I am finding 1000 cals so much harder than ss to stick to. I really am an all or nothing kind of person, with ss I don't think I just do, being able to have food on a diet has never worked for me.

So I have seriously thought about why I went off track today.... It wasn't hunger, I wasn't hungry at all. I just thought, I'd resisted it all for the 3 weeks I ss'ed and I felt like I 'deserved' a treat. The trouble is my 'treat' turned into a full on binge and now I feel awful....

So the next thing I did was think about why that treat turned into a binge..... It makes no sense.... Normally I can have treats in a controlled way... I could happily have a cake with my coffee and then just get straight back on the healthy wagon. So why was today different....?..... It's the pattern, it's what I did all those years ago when I weighed 14 stone. I would go on a strict diet, and then crash and burn, and before I could finish the pie I was heavier than when I started! I suppose that's why a lot of people say diets don't work, they're right, and the sad thing is I already knew this.

Maybe this is why there are so many CD returners, yes people do maintain... I am one of those people, but I maintained because I changed my lifestyle, I exercised more, my everyday diet was healthy by choice. My life is nothing like what it used to be, I don't eat half the things I used to. At half a stone from goal I think I've come as far as I can with ss and this is the only part of the diet I swear by.... Needs to be done properly mind. If I keep trying to do 1000cals I'm just going to end up gaining weight.

I'm not making excuses not to diet, I fully intend to lose this last bit of weight. What I am doing is trying to find the best solution for me. And I'm not convinced that restricting myself to 1000cals a day and exercising is right for me. Diets like this are made for people with more than a stone to lose, people who don't exercise (I really hope I'm not coming off as holier than thou, I'm really not, if I was then at the very least I wouldn't have any weight to lose). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if I didn't exercise and had a few stone to lose then I would see the point of 1000cals. But my workouts need to be fuelled, I need the energy (carb) to perform and the ability (protein) to repair torn muscles from weight training. Exercising on little fuel is bound to cause a crash and burn and binge.

Besides, I'm not going to get the body I want by diet alone. It's the tone I want. I actually don't care what I weigh!

Sorry, I really don't want to put a downer on anybody, you are all doing so well, don't let me drag you down, I am just working through this in my own head. This is about ME. Nobody else. An hey, if I had any half decent answers I wouldn't still be half a stone overweight.

So what have I concluded?....

I'm sticking with you ladies (provided you'll have me)?.....

But I'm not sticking with CD..... I've got 2 weeks till holiday, but I'd rather be a little overweight for that and get the weight off for the long term, than keep crashing and binging. And feeling like this.

I'm going to use my remaining CD products as snacks... Vitamin rich ones! And I am going to go back to eating what I did before I gave up smoking... It was all going so well until I gave up the fags! So I'm going to have plenty of whole grains, fresh meat and fish, fruit and veg and protein shakes to help me recover.

I'm gonna go to my weigh in on Monday because I told my CDC I would regardless of how this week went.

Anyway. That's enough rambling from me.

Hope you've all had a great day...

** hugs** Hun you have done soo well...

I'm gonna read your post again and give you some Support - i just wanted to post this before I give you my take on things !!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok hun - I have read your post... You are making a lot of sense... I am like you that I am using SS to get the bulk off and then go back to my healthy lifestyle ... Do you remember a few weeks ago we were both saying the same thing : we will not be going up the plans as we know what to do!! - so this is not sudden thinking from you !!! You always had this plan ! Don't beat yourself up !!
You are absolutely right that you need fuel to be able to exercise..

I completely understand what you are going through - but now stop stressing you are doing the right thing for you ... I bet you a tenner that you will have the body you want in two weeks.... Keep on with the exercise and make good food choices ....

Will miss our daily rants !! But you have reached the end of your CD journey and now it's time for you get back to your life !!!

Hello girls,

I too want to give you a proper response and I'm out at the min, so I will re read your post first thing and reply properly.
I will say one thing tho- mentally I think we are in a very similar place so I'm hoping my reply will help!!
Sweet dreams to all of you and will be in touch in the morn xxxxx

Pretika said:
Ok hun - I have read your post... You are making a lot of sense... I am like you that I am using SS to get the bulk off and then go back to my healthy lifestyle ... Do you remember a few weeks ago we were both saying the same thing : we will not be going up the plans as we know what to do!! - so this is not sudden thinking from you !!! You always had this plan ! Don't beat yourself up !!
You are absolutely right that you need fuel to be able to exercise..

I completely understand what you are going through - but now stop stressing you are doing the right thing for you ... I bet you a tenner that you will have the body you want in two weeks.... Keep on with the exercise and make good food choices ....

Will miss our daily rants !! But you have reached the end of your CD journey and now it's time for you get back to your life !!!

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read, but respond to my ramblings! You are so right, this is what we said, I didn't have long to go, I had planned 6 weeks but only actually did 3, so I guess that's why I've been beating myself up. Ideally I wanted to be 9.7 on ss, but I wasn't prepared to ss for a weekly loss of 0! Which was what I got in my third week.

And again you're right. I do need to stop stressing, all that's gonna do is make me retain the weight. I really hope I can be in the body I want soon. I do still feel really fat, but my clothes prove that I have lost.

For as long as I physically can I will exercise, as you said before, it's not just the physical benefits, it has mental benefits and actually keeps me sane!

I am going to be keeping an eye on you, although my CD journey was short lived and is now over. I do want to see how you get on. You must be close to goal now?

Hey Q&P how are you doing Today!! - bet your at the gym :)

Sandyblack - how are you doing - glugging the water I hope!

I am back in ketosis so pleased about that - just trying to get through the next few weeks and get the scales to say the right numbers!!

Have a fantastic day ladies!!

P

Morning girls!

Had a sneaky weigh in and was 11st 12lb! Finally I can see an 11!!! 12lbs to go till WW and exercise...

Q&P - what a day you had. I really feel for you and I can totally understand your thoughts about yesterday.

I too am trying to find the right solution for me - and I have come to realise this year that like you guys I am using CD to get the bulk of the weight off - but I am under no illusion that this will provide the answer for me. This diet has showed me that I am literally obsessed with food lol and not eating has not resolved anything for me.

Sorry if im boring you guys! - but basically my story is that in 2009 I did lighterlife and did not cheat once for 4 months and lost 4 stone and got down to 9st 12lb. Xmas 2009 I was totally unprepared and naive and throughout 2010 I gained over 5 STONE:cry:. I put myself through hell in 2010 and when Jan 2011 came I decided enough was enough.

I started cambridge diet at 15st 3lbs in Jan this year and im now 11st 12lb today. I have realised that I dont care about fitting into my size 10s anymore. I was always really happy just under 11st and felt healthy for my build.All I want is to be healthy. I want to start trying for a family eventually (im 34 this month!!) and I dont want food to rule my life. In 2010 it did and it totally consumed me by bingeing every day.

I feel much clearer now - but like you I have decided upon my own solution which is to go straight to a healthy eating plan at the end of June and finally tackle my real issues with food. I realised that I cant remember when I actually properly enjoyed a meal. Bingeing is not the same as enjoying food, as its like being in a trance I think.

My journey on CD since xmas has been a bit messy - BUT im getting there. I dont want to feel pressured by anyone to get down to under 10st again as I didnt feel like me.

So. Conclusion? Stay with us for support now matter what eating plan you may be following. Its good to have somewhere to come and vent your spleen now and again!

Pretika! - thanks for the encouragement re the water!!! That is my daily struggle! I will do it for you! lol

I bet both of you look amazing now but we get so fixated on a goal sometimes that we dont give ourselves enough credit.:D:D

Have a fab day!im around on here if you need anything xxx

glug glug glug:

Thanks for sharing hun .... you are nearly there.... lets stick together we ARE nearly there!!!

Hi everyone :) so far so good today had 2 shakes up to now and about 3 litres of water, done all the housework and been for a walk, I just want to get these first few days of SS over with then I'll be ok.

How is everyone else doing?

:D:D

Official weigh day today - 4lbs off!

11st 11lb - finally I can see an eleven! Really pleased and its made me even more focused for the rest of June.

Upping the water intake has definately helped! Thanks girls.

How are you all doing??......:confused:

Hey well done that's a great loss ... I def swear by the water !!! Keep it up .. I am doing good ...

Very well done ladies. Keep up the good work, water is definitely the way forward.

I am doing well. Not got on the scales but don't 'feel' like I've gained loads. I'm exercising like a mad woman and am feeling the tightness of my mid section.

Stay focused!!

Back