I need a massive kick up the backside!

MissNix

Gold Member
I've got to that lovely stage where people are really noticing my loss and almost every other day someone in the office will walk up to me and say how well I'm looking / ask where I've disappeared to / tell me I need feeding up, and it is such a fab feeling.... but as I have done with every one of my big weight loss journeys (this is number 3), it's derailed me into total complacency rather than spurring me on to hit target!! :rolleyes:

Over the past 6 weeks I have alternated between being good and being dreadful (full on binges) and I think I justify it in my head using everyone's lovely comments - that I've already come so far that it doesn't really matter if I have a bad day here or there!! Which has resulted in my weight plateauing and even starting to go up a bit!! Why do I do it to myself?! :(

I really want this to be the first time that I hit target and stay there for the rest of my life... I've got my hols next week, and I'm ok with that being a bit of a temporary derailer as that's what this journey was all intended for anyway, but after that I want to crack on again and get to target once and for all by Christmas... any kick up the bum style advice for me?! I really need to stop sabotaging myself!!

:sigh:

Thanks Emsie, that's definitely the approach I need to take - think I need to recommit to using all my syns each day so I don't get that deprived feeling... x

Haha, sometimes we just need to shock ourselves into it don't we ;) I just refuse to see an 11 on the scales unless it's after a 10!! x

I do the same thing and can't understand it. Why stop doing something that's making you feel so good. The first few pounds don't seem to show, but soon the nice comments will stop and people will know you're on your way up again and tactfully ignore the subject of weight loss. That's not what you want to happen again. Maybe start writing all the sins down carefully again.

Thanks Bean Feast :) I've started my diary on here properly again from today, and have really considered every morsel that passed my lips today - just need to keep this up until the weekend (when I go on hols), and then need to make sure I get straight back into it when I get back from hols, no matter what the scales say, good or bad!! x

Back