i need a sw directory!!

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
Heya guys just wondering if anyone can help?

I havn't been on the forum in a little while holiday and life in general has been a bit hectic and I got a bit off plan and gained a few pounds. Would like to get back on track and think a directory would be a good investment since I do it from home so don't have access to the syns online!

I know you used to be able to call up and order books from SW but that they no longer do this for non members :sigh:

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to get one for me from group and I would of course pay for the book plus extra postage! Know it is a little cheeky to ask but just incase anyone is willing to help!

Thanks

X

hi ya hunny, if you look on amazon website for the slimming world directory you may be able to get one off their, which is were my friend got one from- and the recipe books etclaura

yeh they just tend to be overpriced on ebay thanks for the help tho!

X

well hun i had a look on amazon for you but the only directorys they have on sale are old ones!!! if i got to class tonight( im not sure i will be going as ive been ill!!) ill have a look what they sell, im sure the biggish directorys are around £8, but ill check for you!! do you have a paypal account- then you can send me the payment that way? because if you have ill pick one up for you, get it weighed at post office,and( get price of postage)and send it over to you
let me know
laura xx

well hun i had a look on amazon for you but the only directorys they have on sale are old ones!!! if i got to class tonight( im not sure i will be going as ive been ill!!) ill have a look what they sell, im sure the biggish directorys are around £8, but ill check for you!! do you have a paypal account- then you can send me the payment that way? because if you have ill pick one up for you, get it weighed at post office,and( get price of postage)and send it over to you
let me know
laura xx

thats so kind of you but someone has already offered to get me one at their class tonight! :)

yeh amazon only seemed to have out of date directories at high prices boo!

thanks again for the offer but think i am now good as long as everything goes to plan lol!

XX

oh brilliant, good luck with your journey, when you get yr directory xxxx

I'm just starting out on SW again, a directory would be a great investment...can I ask the same as the initial poster...would someone be willing to get me a directory and post it to me...I'm more than happy to pay by paypal if anyone can help?

yeah i looked on the website but you dont seem to be able to just buy them, unless of course i've missed something

Do you not have to be a SW member to buy from them, Im sure someone posted last week they couldnt get a book from the phone order line

Its buyers who are bumping the ebay prices up - not sellers. All the directories there just now are about 99p but by the time the auction ends theyre going for silly money. Shows theres a real demand for them and once again SW are missing an invaluable market they could be tapping into. They seem to have some really odd business ideas.

Yes, they were talking about this on another board. SW changed their rules about a month ago and non-members can no longer order via the book line. :(

Its crazy!! People are never going to all go to classes so why not make sure the money is going in the SW coffers instead of someone elses. Some of the books on ebay are going for £20 - so potentially SW members could be buying to sell on and make a good profit - madness!

WW have a fantastic online shop, a lot of stuff you cant get in the shops all available for non members. Ive never understood why SW dont do their own brand foods... WW must be making MILLIONS from their range, SW could do the same. How good would it be to pop into Asda and pick up a SW ready meal!

I agree completely on the question of books and think SW is missing out on a money-making opportunity there. Considering the financial climate you'd think they'd want to maximise their earnings. Maybe they think that if they make the directory (in particular) widely available fewer people will go to class. :confused:

But I must admit I'm rather glad they haven't ventured into the food arena in the same way as WW. I've seen many people end up only eating WW foods over home-made because they are the 'easy' option although I know WW doesn't promote this. At least this isn't possible on SW.

woo got my directory and so far loving syn checking! the amount of products is amazing!! so huge thanks to Andy!

yeh it does seem strange sw not selling them direct anymore, surely its better them getting the cash than ebay sellers making profit on them!?

the idea of a SW range is interesting. to an extent it is good on slimming world that it encourages you to actually cook because the readymade alternatives can be so high in syns. especially with jars of sauces i find i avoid them like the plague now!! but just for convenience readymade meals with syns values printed on them could indeed be a big seller!

or even for example both tesco and M&S print the weight watchers points value on their "diet" range readymeals, which is nice if you eat that sort of thing

interesting debate what do people think?

X

Yes, I'd LOVE to have the syn values printed, especially on the Tesco's 'diet' range! We shop there a lot, and, although I frequently carry the Directory with me when shopping, it's always the time that you're in a mad rush, when you could do with a ready meal, that you haven't got it with you.

It would also mean that you could have one or two in the freezer for emergency use - though I wouldn't ever want to rely on them. Maybe SW haven't considered this 'cos they'd prefer us to cook from scratch using fresh ingredients...

Note to self - look up the syn value of one or two Tesco meals, and put them in the freezer, having WRITTEN the syns on the box...!!!

I am not a member of class, and I bought my books from body optimise, although I bought a membership too.. I don't know if you have to be a online member though. I have just ordered my books a few days ago, Do you think it will let you order the same book twice in such short time?

Back