I need HELP getting back on track!!

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi All,

I'm in need of some support - as you may know I'm been off CD for about 4 weeks due to holidays etc. I re-started yesterday and I need some help cos I'm finding it hard to stay on track.

I've been on LT/CD since Nov 2008. My lowest weight I've got on the diet is 10st 4lbs. I think at the moment I am 10st 12lbs (as per my scales this morning) - although I am going to weigh at my CD's tonight.

I was on LT in Nov and come off for Christmas (big mistake) - If I had stuck to it I prob would have been at goal by March/Apr :(

Its the same story with CD - I've been having breaks for Holidays, Birthdays etc.

So now I'm going to try and stay 100% (no breaks etc) untill I get to goal.

I'll be 25 on the 16th Aug and I dont want to pass another brithday as a fat person.. I know I wont be at goal by then but I would love to be 9stone something....

So what I'm saying is I need some help and support.....Anyone got any words of wisdom???

Forget about your deadline and just focus on each day. Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves to be.... or to get to.... a certain stage by a certain time.

Yes you have a goal and that is to loose weight and when your birthday arrives to enjoy it. Think about you b'day/weight last year and I presume you have come a long way since then yes?!!

You have had a great success so far and i'm sure you will continue to to well and achieve your goal. In saying that is is good to have determination to stick to your overall goal and some achievements to enjoy along the way too!

Keep at it hun!

Bren
X

As you are re-starting the first stone should come off in about 3 weeks of SS if you stick to it. Then you only have 10lbs to lose which you should do in another 2-3 weeks. So theoretically you could be at goal in 5-6 weeks. Think how short that is in the grand scheme of life and think how amazing you would feel to get down to your goal weight. I wish I only had less than 2 stone to go!!!

Just be strong and remember the more you can stick to it, the faster you will reach goal.

You CAN DO IT hon - good luck and stay strong!!! :D xx

Hi Foo Fan, I agree with Bren, focus on each day, getting thru each day 100% ss, when you get to bed each evening it feels so good knowing that you have done that small part and then before you know it a week has passed, then 2 etc etc!

Keep with it and you will get there...
xtwinklex

As the others say, take it a day at a time. Perhaps you could put some holiday pics on the fridge and decide whether what you see is what you want, or do you want to see less of you! I think coming on here every day and seeing everyone's success (and struggles) really helps me stay focussed so maybe drop by as often as you can. Good luck:)

I think Bren's advice is so good. I have a 19th August target because I go on holiday.

I too am struggling to get back into the diet and yesterday I felt like giving up because I had failed again and began thinking I will never lose my 18 pound target by 19th August so what's the point.
BUT - life goes on after 19th and as long as I am losing weight whatever I weigh when I go away will be good. (I still hope I will lose the 18 pounds though):)
Thanks Bren X and keep going Foo Fan

Back