I need help! I'm not sure my CDC has given me all the info. I'm confused!

Thanks KD. I'm so confused with all the rules.

So I can have 1 teaspoon of flavouring AND 1 scoop of mix a mousse a day? Is that new guidance then?

I find water so hard to drink. It's 5pm and I've only managed 1.5 pints so still need to down another 3 by bedtime. It's weigh-in tomorrow so I hate feeling all that water in my tummy (I know this is silly, but I can't help it!).

Should I be aiming for 3lbs a week? I say that's what I want but really I look at other people's losses and want 5lb! I'm never satisfied am I?!

Thanks for the advice x

Should I be aiming for 3lbs a week? I say that's what I want but really I look at other people's losses and want 5lb! I'm never satisfied am I?!

Thanks for the advice x

me too. i want to loose more each week and i've had a couple of slow ones which doesn't help motivation. luckily i had a 4lbs loss this week which really motivated me but even then you can't help but 'want' more.

i do believe that it has always been a case of having 1tsp and the 1 scoup of mousse.

i might be dreaming this but i'm sure that last time i did CD SS that you could have 2tsp of water flavouring but there were talks of dropping it to just 1. probably a CD dream though.

So I can have 1 teaspoon of flavouring AND 1 scoop of mix a mousse a day?

Yes :)

Is that new guidance then?

Yes :)

I find water so hard to drink. It's 5pm and I've only managed 1.5 pints so still need to down another 3 by bedtime.

Don't stress. Do you have tea or coffee? That counts. It's better to drink well throughout the day...don't want to have a huge lot all in the evening.

Have you tried sparkling water? Lovely with the flavourings. Of different teas? I all helps. You could try having a glass before your shakes, and some people find easier drinking from a straw. Another idea is to have a bottle of water beside your bed for first thing in the morning. A few glugs before you get up.

It's amazing how it adds up, and certainly much easier now you are allowed to have tea and coffee as part of your fluid intake:)

Should I be aiming for 3lbs a week?

Nah. You should be aiming to stick to the guidelines. You don't really have enough control on body weight, only on what you eat. You can't really aim for a certain weightloss. It's not really in your control. But...of course, aim to keep on the diet and the weight loss will take care of itself ;)

Can you think of another way of motivating yourself to stay on track rather than aiming for something you wont be able to control?

HI kd

thansk aso much for that
TOTM ...........cant believe didnt get that!!!!

well I am on day 4, had some sparkling water today, am also finding it difficult to get the water in, I was only aiming for the 2 litres but now i will have to try and up it to 2.25. I only drink green tea so I will be allowed that on my second week??
cant wait for the moousse mix stuff and teh bars as that sounds relly nice.
also and so sorry for asking loads of questions but i read on one of the other pages that there is some vegtable stuff, that you mix with hot water for a drink to me it sounded like a cup-a-soup. can i have this in week 2 also.

thanks so much
cant believe I got to day 4

the main time i find difficult is the evenings and teh craving for diet coke.

oh well

thanks so much
T

I only drink green tea so I will be allowed that on my second week??

Yes :) You can have that from day 1. Have you tried peppermint tea? It's really refreshing.

also and so sorry for asking loads of questions but i read on one of the other pages that there is some vegtable stuff, that you mix with hot water for a drink to me it sounded like a cup-a-soup. can i have this in week 2 also.

It's lovely, and can also be used as a stock if you have any of the SS+ or 810 meals. But, like the bars and other water flavourings, it's week 3 before you can have it. Something to look forward to :)

cant believe I got to day 4

Yay:clap: Well done!

I really struggled with the water when I first started. Now I have a water bottle which holds 750ml so I know I have to drink 3 of these minimum a day. I use half a spoon of water flavouring in the first, plain for the second and half a spoon of water flavouring for the 3rd. I find I can drink more in the morning so I sip from the bottle frequently and by 10.30 the first is gone. I'm then halfway through my 2nd by the time it's lunch - a CD soup for me which I make with extra water. The afternoon one I use a straw to make it easier.

You'll find a way to drink it, just takes time (and lots of trips to the loo for me!) x

Hi
That is gud so looking forward to the bars, I have never had them but am dreaming of them!!!!
now I have got another problem, I have not had abowel motion in 5 days (since I started)!!!! is that normal, and therefore I have not yet lost any pounds
is it really bad if I dont get all the water in, I get nearly the 2 litres but not quiet...............
is there anything else I can do to improve the bowl motioon problem :-( and oh I have been doing some exercise every second evening a little walking and a little weights

thansk so much for all you help
T

You probably could do with a mild laxative to get it shifted.

After that, do use a preventative such as CD Fibre or Fibresure (from boots.)

You don't want to be using laxatives too often, but preventatives are safe to use daily in your shakes. Just put a teaspoon in one shake and another in another shake each day throughout the diet. Tastes of nothing, no texture or anything, and prevents the problem happening in the first place.

But..you mustn't use a preventative until you are 'clear'.

Go for sennokot, not ducolax which is too harsh.

OR

try increasing your water. You should do that anyway as you do need a minimum of 2.25L. Absolute minimum. Spread nicely throughout the day. You can include teas, coffees and other allowable fluids with this.

Probably drinking extra water in the first place rather than go for the laxative...but you don't want to wait too long. Then do use a preventative, it really helps avoid the problem in the first place

Hi KD

Thanks for that, I have taken a laxative, I think I am clear now, I will start taking the fibersure from boots tomorrow. will that add more calories to my sachets. Will it hinder the weight loss if I dont get in the required fluid intake every day.

thanks so much for the support

T

Made me smile reading about Ducolax - I took some once when I needed to go and it does say gentle relief. So not gentle. Horrific in fact.

Seriously, I know some people find the water intake hard, but as KD says it really helps you go. Remember also that you're not consuming much, so you won't go as much. I drink tonnes of water and go every day :)

Back