I need help

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
Hiya all, I have done slimming world on and off for a few years but have not really stuck to anything diet wise since. I have a friend who tried WW and she is lovely but she is trying her hardest to put me off trying it saying it is really hard to stick to.

I have decided thought to join on Wednesday as I have hit an all time heavy for me and I am shocked and appauled with myself for letting myself get to this point.

What I really need to know is, is ww really hard to stick to and whats best to go for as I heard there is different plans you can follow. Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance a very emotional Sonia xxx

hello sonia, im a bit biased as ive never tried SW but i find WW is really good. i dont think you can find out what its like until you have tried it yourself can you? maybe it just didnt suit your friend or her needs?
heres a good food link to help get you on your way to following the point system. i do it from home and have never been to a meeting, managed to buy my shopping guide and eating out guide on ebay oh and my points calculator which is invaluable!

heres the link, just click on each specific food group on the left hand side.
ukladyluck1

i dont think its hard to stick to, like anything else its motivation!

dont be sad, maybe ww is the diet you've been waiting for! give it a go for a few weeks and once you've been pointing only for a few days you'll remeber what all your fave foods are really easily.

were all here if you need to chat or need some support.

suz x

Hiya Sonia
First off, well done for making a positive move to start WW's. I think you'll love it!:D
I've been on every weight loss plan going... And I do mean EVERY:rolleyes:.
Once I found Weight Watchers I never considered another diet again. I first joined 7 years ago and lost 3 stone in 6 months. I stopped after I became ill (nothing to do with diet) but it took two years for the weight to go back on so I knew when I was ready to loose it again I would certainly head for my local WW meeting.
I was finally ready to go back to healthy eating 6 weeks ago and so far I've lost 8 lbs. It's a lot harder going and slower this time but I've had a hysterectomy and am on steroids so that stalls things a bit. That being said I'm really chuffed with my progress and when I'm feeling weak my group leader, one of the other members or someone on this forum is ALWAYS there for support.
As for being hard to follow, I couldn't disagree with your friend more (not least of all because she's not supporting you in whatever diet you choose!), I'm inpatient and lazy but I manage to follow WW with amazing ease. In fact, after the first month you'll feel like an expert in all things WW. I would say that WW is the most simplistic diet I've ever been on and you can never claim to be bored of the food because you can eat anything (within reason... No eating twice your body weight in fried foods :eek:).
When you join you get a wee folder that covers EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about the diet and it's fantastic to keep looking back at it for support through your journey.
As for the different plans, well WW change the name of their plan every so often but the idea stays exactly the same. Teach yourself to eat healthy and you'll loose weight. Everyone who joins right now is on what is called the 'Discovery' plan. It's all just a name though. It's just a way to keep you motivated and interested in healthy eating.
If you did Slimming World then I guarantee that you'll follow WW with perfect ease. To be honest I went to SW but left after a month because it confused me:eek:.
So when you join WW this week you'll have your meeting leader, your fellow members and everyone on here to support you. I promise you won't regret joining.
Right, I hope some of this helped. I know I rambled on but I hopefully some of my babbling made sense.
Good Luck and I'll be watching for you.:D
Ness

hello sonia, im a bit biased as ive never tried SW but i find WW is really good. i dont think you can find out what its like until you have tried it yourself can you? maybe it just didnt suit your friend or her needs?
heres a good food link to help get you on your way to following the point system. i do it from home and have never been to a meeting, managed to buy my shopping guide and eating out guide on ebay oh and my points calculator which is invaluable!

heres the link, just click on each specific food group on the left hand side.
ukladyluck1

i dont think its hard to stick to, like anything else its motivation!

dont be sad, maybe ww is the diet you've been waiting for! give it a go for a few weeks and once you've been pointing only for a few days you'll remeber what all your fave foods are really easily.

were all here if you need to chat or need some support.

suz x

Hi Suz thanks for the reply that link is fantastic. I have tried doing it from home myself but had too many questions to ask about it and gave up after a day so personally or at least till I get to grips with it I will go to group. Good on you for doing it from home though wish I could do that and ty for your support.

Sonia xxx

Hiya Sonia
First off, well done for making a positive move to start WW's. I think you'll love it!:D
I've been on every weight loss plan going... And I do mean EVERY:rolleyes:.
Once I found Weight Watchers I never considered another diet again. I first joined 7 years ago and lost 3 stone in 6 months. I stopped after I became ill (nothing to do with diet) but it took two years for the weight to go back on so I knew when I was ready to loose it again I would certainly head for my local WW meeting.
I was finally ready to go back to healthy eating 6 weeks ago and so far I've lost 8 lbs. It's a lot harder going and slower this time but I've had a hysterectomy and am on steroids so that stalls things a bit. That being said I'm really chuffed with my progress and when I'm feeling weak my group leader, one of the other members or someone on this forum is ALWAYS there for support.
As for being hard to follow, I couldn't disagree with your friend more (not least of all because she's not supporting you in whatever diet you choose!), I'm inpatient and lazy but I manage to follow WW with amazing ease. In fact, after the first month you'll feel like an expert in all things WW. I would say that WW is the most simplistic diet I've ever been on and you can never claim to be bored of the food because you can eat anything (within reason... No eating twice your body weight in fried foods :eek:).
When you join you get a wee folder that covers EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about the diet and it's fantastic to keep looking back at it for support through your journey.
As for the different plans, well WW change the name of their plan every so often but the idea stays exactly the same. Teach yourself to eat healthy and you'll loose weight. Everyone who joins right now is on what is called the 'Discovery' plan. It's all just a name though. It's just a way to keep you motivated and interested in healthy eating.
If you did Slimming World then I guarantee that you'll follow WW with perfect ease. To be honest I went to SW but left after a month because it confused me:eek:.
So when you join WW this week you'll have your meeting leader, your fellow members and everyone on here to support you. I promise you won't regret joining.
Right, I hope some of this helped. I know I rambled on but I hopefully some of my babbling made sense.
Good Luck and I'll be watching for you.:D
Ness

Thankyou for your lovely reply Ness you were not babbling. I am actually looking forward to starting now I have read up a bit and seen how well people are doing. I will get a diary started on Wed after I have been to group. I just need to crack this emotional eating thing I have got going hopefully this is the beginning of a new relationship with food for me fingers crossed.

Sonia xxx

Hello and welcome :) i agree with whats been said once you get in the swing of weight watchers its very easy to live with lol i'm sure you will be absolutely fine at your meeting and made to feel very welcome and this forum is a great support :) good luck! x

Hello and welcome :) i agree with whats been said once you get in the swing of weight watchers its very easy to live with lol i'm sure you will be absolutely fine at your meeting and made to feel very welcome and this forum is a great support :) good luck! x
Thanks hun looking forward to getting started now :)

hi sonia

welcome to minimins

i can vouch that im not much of a cook or dieter, but WW currently works for me
i find it easy to follow, loads of suport on here, and WW products in supermarkets that can help out when your not in the mood to cook ect

i originaly started WW new year 09 from books i had bought of ebay, i lost 1 stone within 6 weeks, and felt great, for some reason i thought i could go back to my naugty ways without gaining.....how silly was i lol
so im back restarting , and my 1 week of ww is nearly over as its my WI tomoz
I want to loose 3 stone before my bday in march, and 1 of those stones i want to lose for halloween as my first challenge

i also followed SW 2 years ago, as i worked with a lady who was a consultant with sw , i followed it for 3 months and never lost weight, but gained weight, i found it hard to stick too, it may has seen easy red or green days, but it wasnt for me
now i currently work with another lady who followed SW and has lost 2 stone with ease and really likes it, and even tho shes past her target goal she keeps with it as a life style
i supose it works for some and not for others

With WW ive never been a single meeting or WW online, i bought my books off ebay and come on here for the suport, i would go to class, but id rather save the pennys

Good Luck with WW, im sure you will find it a doddle.

PS) i wouldnt listen to your friend , you want encourgment not negativty, so well done in joining on wednesday and let us know how you get on xx

hi sonia

welcome to minimins

i can vouch that im not much of a cook or dieter, but WW currently works for me
i find it easy to follow, loads of suport on here, and WW products in supermarkets that can help out when your not in the mood to cook ect

i originaly started WW new year 09 from books i had bought of ebay, i lost 1 stone within 6 weeks, and felt great, for some reason i thought i could go back to my naugty ways without gaining.....how silly was i lol
so im back restarting , and my 1 week of ww is nearly over as its my WI tomoz
I want to loose 3 stone before my bday in march, and 1 of those stones i want to lose for halloween as my first challenge

i also followed SW 2 years ago, as i worked with a lady who was a consultant with sw , i followed it for 3 months and never lost weight, but gained weight, i found it hard to stick too, it may has seen easy red or green days, but it wasnt for me
now i currently work with another lady who followed SW and has lost 2 stone with ease and really likes it, and even tho shes past her target goal she keeps with it as a life style
i supose it works for some and not for others

With WW ive never been a single meeting or WW online, i bought my books off ebay and come on here for the suport, i would go to class, but id rather save the pennys

Good Luck with WW, im sure you will find it a doddle.

PS) i wouldnt listen to your friend , you want encourgment not negativty, so well done in joining on wednesday and let us know how you get on xx

Hiya and thankyou for the reply. I have done SW on and off for the last 2 years in the first 7 months I lost 4 and a half stone. But then I started to get a bit cocky with it thinking a bit extra of thi or that wont do me any harm but obviously it did as I am now at my heaviest weight I have ever been at. But hey a new start from wednesday looking forward to the challenge and I will be on here firing questions if I am stuck :)

Sonia xxx

hi ya
whats not to like about ww, no food drink is off limits, you just have to work it into your daily points allowance, and there are hundreds and hundreds of ww products to buy if you don't have time to cook and don't want a salad or stir fry..
all you need to do is try your hardest, which is easier if you are focused to lose weight

good luck

Good point Biltsy, I has chips, egg and tomato for lunch and a caramel crunch dessert (it was all WW obviously) but it was so low in points that I was sure I was being punked! :D

You'll love it Sonia, and the fact you lost an amazing 4 and a half stone with SW just shows how well you can do. :D Even if you don't like WW then I'm sure you'll find another diet on here, either way you will be supported. :D

Back