I need help

puzzles

Hey

It's been a while since I've been on here. :sigh: That's not because I wanted to avoid you lovely ladies but because I felt it hard to be around people losing weight when I wasn't - I was gaining.

I weigh 11 stone 11 pounds :sigh: It could be worse but that's the annoying thing in so many ways - it wouldn't take much for me to look really good. I want to lose 2 stone (I am 5 foot 3 inches.)

I have always done VLCD in the past but I want to approach things slightly differently this time but I need advice on how.

I think in some ways I *might* have a bit of an eating disorder to be honest. I'm obviously not anorexic however while I don't fit all the bulimic criteria (I don't vomit) I do binge and purge - but I purge through periods of near starvation rather than through vomiting. I have also used laxatives to induce weight loss.

I also am very bad at cooking and tend to rely on ready prepared meals. I know these are very bad apparently but I can't cook :break_diet:

Any advice? PLEASE! xx

I'm doing Diet Chef. Google it. It's a diet where they send you breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks. I work long hours and shifts so cooking for me is always a chore. Not on this diet as it's so easy.

self compassion, puzzle, that's where you're best starting :) you've just listed the things you don't like about yourself - fancy listing the things you DO like about yourself? :) When I fell off the wagon with my diet it would have been much quicker to get back into it, except that I was angry and upset with myself for letting it go wrong.. and the more angry and upset I was, the longer it took.. and I was even cross with myself for being cross with myself! haha.. down on myself for being down on myself.. when all along, all I really needed was to start being gentle and kind on myself and start to think of ways I could be compassionate towards myself.. ways to treat myself well, ways to be reassuring and thoughtful... I think that's the starting point.. I'm not saying you want to carry on with the cycle of over eating, then under eating, cause it sounds like you're wanting this to ease.. but I am saying that your best way for having this ease is to not be too hard on yourself about it.. xx Good luck x

Back