Step 1 Sole Source I need solids!! Can someone please advise!

ktandspen

I am at the end of day 9 and am really missing Solid food, thinking about moving up to SS+ after seeing my consultant tomorrow, firstly if I had a small bowl of steamed broccoli tonight would it be awful? Secondly does anyone know if moving to SS+ really slows down the losses? It's not dropping off me and is painfully slow it feels, haven't had a big loss either and so not feeling motivated by a huge number to keep going. Am unsure what to do..can anyone please help!!?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SS+ has losses just as good as SS. Many people just prefer SS as they find it easier to have all choices taken off them and not to eat at all. A counsellor on here once said there was no difference in losses between SS, SS+ and 810, and I have to admit I did SS at the same time as a friend who did 810 and there wasn't much difference.

A bowl of broccoli is not the end of the world and is on SS+ so if you need something, have it, better that than going for something totally off plan. I always head for chicken as that always curbs my craving and keeps me in ketosis.

Thanks Chlo! You have really helped me there. I am doing this to try and kick start my metabolism, I don't have a prob with food/portions but my thyroid is off and it really affects my weight loss but not enough that the gp cares to do anything about it!! I have only lost 4lb in 9 days as well so needing a reason to keep it up! Going to thoroughly enjoy some veg tonight. Thank you honey x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL, only on this diet do we look forward to a bowl of broccoli. :D

As Chlo says, losses on SS+ and even 810 aren't very different to those on SS. Go for it!

Because some people need to take food right out of the equation for a while. I'm one of those people. Other people do just fine having a meal every day. :)

This true?? Didn't realise they were that similar, why go through the hassle of taking out solids!

For me I needed an abstinence form of recovery from food addiction. I can't have some I have to have all and eat to excess. SS removes the choice for me and I can't argue with myself that I will work something off or not eat badly for rest of month. It's 3 products for me and nothing else. In a way it's easy as for once I'm not thinking about food!

For me I needed an abstinence form of recovery from food addiction. I can't have some I have to have all and eat to excess. SS removes the choice for me and I can't argue with myself that I will work something off or not eat badly for rest of month. It's 3 products for me and nothing else. In a way it's easy as for once I'm not thinking about food!

Completely agree. It's one of the easiest diets in the world to do because you don't have to enter into the debate about what you're having for tea. Personally, I also find it a very cheap diet to do, despite the cost of the products. I know that I spend a lot more on food when I'm not doing Cambridge than when I'm doing Cambridge. Which is great, cos it leaves me money to buy new clothes to fit my shrinking body. :D

This true?? Didn't realise they were that similar, why go through the hassle of taking out solids!

I started on 810 but because of the restricted meal list and large portions of the same set of proteins, I have either gone off items or become intolerant to them! The thought of chicken, white fish and prawns makes me feel sick, Quorn gives me hideous stomach cramps and chickpeas and black-eyed beans also give me stomach issues! I'm ok with cottage cheese and tofu but am scared that if I just eat them I will become I tolerant or just fed up of them. It's because of this I started SS+ this week and have found it much easier as I have removed the anxiety of each meal and it's possible effects on me. I am craving food more than usual but it's stuff that I wouldn't be allowed to have on the majority of plans so no point in me giving it any further thought!

Back