I need some cheap recipes please!!

First78

I started WW 2 weeks ago and have found my shooping is costing a lot more at the moment while I still work out the best things to eat, points values etc. I've bought a lot of ready meals, WW bars, crisps, snacks etc. Can anyone recommend any of their favourite recipes please!!

where do you shop hun?

I used to buy me veg from asda but in lidl the veg is half the price i used to buy tinned soup now i make my own veg soup

The good for you ready meals are good to and abit cheaper than the weight watchers meals

good ol pasta with tomato sauce.

tesco tomato sauce is like 28p a jar and pasta is about £1 serves four and is low points.

i use 150g pasta if im hungry for 8pts and 1/4 jar of sauce , this makes a yummy dinner for 8.5pts

normal portion of pasta is 75g pasta which is 4pts

i made homemade burgers which worked out cheap! Veg is expensive but it is worth it, also look for meal when they are on offer and just buy what you normally do but limit how much you eat. there are alot of recipes in my diary if u want to look.

the chicken noodle soup in the starter pack you get at your first meeting is cheap and easy to make and its lovely, I add chilli flakes to mine and it really fills you up!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be doing my weekly shop tomorrow so I'll sit down before I go and pick some of the things you've all suggested. Thank-you :)

Butternut squash and red lentil curry is cheap, as is any veg curry. Just leftovers curried. Baked beans, baked potato, home made soups, pasta, cheap cuts of meat slow cooked with veg.

I think that i you start buying WW meals and snacks it will really addd up, and I don't think that is what WW is really all about. It's about healthy food, which is usually home made, and restricting portion sizes.

Lynda

Back