I need some red inspiration!

Lisaberry

Silver Member
I really want to lose a stone in the 7 weeks I have before I go to Butlins.
However yummy EE is it just does not seem to produce results so I need to go back to red.
I'm goin shopping later and need some help for what to buy to keep me on track for a week.

I paricularly need help with things for breakfast and lunch. I'm not really an eggs and bacon girl, dont like cereal and toast is my weakness (so have to avoid it completely) Does that just leave yogurt and fruit?

Why am I one of those people who cant lose weight eating spuds and pasta?? It makes life soooo dull!!

I do quite a lot of Red Days Hun, as my losses are better on them. Have you had a look through the food diaries to give you some ideas?
I do have bacon and eggs, although I also have syn free sausages, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and onions for breakfast. I also have weetabix, either as it is, or I have it made into the weetabix cake and put it in muffin cases. I also have cottage cheese on Rivita. For lunch, I do eat a lot of salads and eat a variety of meats, or I make extra from tea the night before and re-heat it in the microwave. One of my favourites is a syn free bolognase that I have with loads of veg. I also like those Young boil in the bag fish in parsley sauce 1 syn each, or the cod in butter sauce 1.5 and they are lovely (Im not a huge fish fan!)

Probably alot of what you're eating on EE can be changed for red. If you're have chilli leave off the rice and do veg instead. If you're having a roast just don't have the potato. It's probably not a huge difference really. When I do red I eat a fair bit of bacon (cheap!) but sausages are good too. Breakfast you could have sausage and mushrooms/tomato on toast. Or just some toast if you're in a hurry. Lunch is often salad with ryvita and some meat. For tea I love things like spag bol, do courgette ribbons rather than spaghetti. I always have cottage cheese in and if I'm hungry at night I roll up some meat filled with the cottage cheese. Yummy.:)

mmm yum . im going to try the meat filled with cottage cheese. ive been doing mainly green but think i need more red as cant quite get to grips with ee.
ive had bacon and egg omlette for breckie and having chicken for tea stuffed with cheese but was struggling for lunch. im off to shop for some ham and cottage cheese!!x

Oooh I like the idea of courgette ribbons!

I usualy have mashed swede with everyhing but Tesco hve stopped selling the bags of reay prepared stuff :( and when I tried the magic swede way someone on here told me about (just cooking it whole in the microwave i couldnt get the middle cooked!

My problem is in the day I prefer to graze rather than have a set breakfast and lunch so I just end up eating too much.

Still, must get a grip on things....only lost 2 stone since September :sigh: still have 3.5 to go. I lost 5 stone 4 in 11 months after baby number 1!

I'm going to butlins in 5 weeks how i've found helped me is each week I have set myself a target of how much I want to lose each week then i've pushed for it always keeping that target in my mined. I have also wrote my target weight for butlins on my food eating hand. no one knows what the numbers mean.
I graze and with sw you can hun just make sure you are eating the right foods. lots of speed food snacks
also I have started walking to work this is a hour each way I try to do it as quick as I can and since I've started this I've had some great losses

Back