i need to lose 12 to 13 stone how long will it take if done propa

SW is a really good plan and I feel the easiest to follow. I think maybe you shouldn't think about how long it will take but one step at a time...its hard but giving yourself a timeframe will only increase the pressure. Welcome to Minimins :) xxx

There is a lady on here who lost 10.5 stone last year on sw, quite an inspiration I think :D

Good luck

How long did it take to put the weight on? Probably a long time - many years I bet. So you have to accept that is it not going to disappear overnight and that losing it will take some time. Sw recommend a 1lb to 2lb loss per week and that could add up to 7 stone over the course of a year. That said if you have a lot to lose then it is possible that you could lose more than that a week, especially in the early days.

I suggest that you take a look on the different boards here and think about what will fit best with your lifestyle. Do you want a meal replacement diet or do you just want healthy eating? Would counting calories or WW points help you stay on track or do you want not to have to count everything you put in your mouth? There are many great plans out there but when it comes down to it you have to be prepared to make some changes to your lifestyle - because after all that is how we all ended up being overweight in the first place.

I enjoy SW because it allows me to the flexibility to eat whatever I want with minimal counting and weighing. It is a plan that is suitable for the entire family so you don't have to eat special meals or cook something different just for you. I enjoy my food and I like that if I am hungry there is always something to eat, and if that means going back for seconds then I can do that!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back