I need to rant......

missclare85

Silver Member
Why oh whyyyy do people join slimming world if they have NO intention of reading the books.

A lady in my office has joined slimming world, it was her frst WI last night and she lost 1/2 she was dissapointed but i pointed out shes been doing her 'own thing' have 3 lots of healthy extra Bs when shes on a extra easy day....not synning. Example wise Monday she asked me to syn her pizza and chippy chips...i said no she was shocked so i told her im not here to tell her how to do it...i know this may sound harsh but id previously spent 3 lunch times for an hour at a time explaining to her HOW to do the plans, i even wrote them down, but shes just too lazy to read the books so what does she expect?!

She is currently sat which soup which ive told her is 9 syns, and i pile high of biscuits...not sure on the type, but i know she wont syn any of this.

Sorry for ranting, i just needed to get it off my chest & sorry if i sound harsh....its just she asks me EVERY day what to do, what to have and as i told her, i dont rely on my mum (shes also doing SW too and i dont ask her what to do) and what is she going to do when im not in work. :-/

SORRRRRY!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Don't stress yourself out about it, if she continues to ask simply say 'I don't know, it should be in your book though if you have a read'. In the end if she's not going to take it seriously it's her money and her time that she's wasting.

She's not your responsibility, you've probably done more than enough to help her as I'm sure noticing/hearing about your success so far on SW probably helped inspire her to join, the rest is up to her :) Don't get me wrong, I happily help those who ask for it...as long as I know they've put SOME effort in to reading up on it themselves, I'm sure you're the same, but if someone is too lazy to do it then why should you put in the extra effort to help them?

For me losing weight this time has been a lot about head space (coupled with the ease of the plan), if you're not committed to doing it and don't want to put the effort in-you won't, but in saying that you obviously won't reap the rewards either. She'll see in the end.

Argh, that would annoy the life out of me! Then she will be moaning she "only" lost this, or has gained that..any wonder!?

Next time she asks you for help, I would just politely say "everything you need to know is in your book". If she doesn't have her book, she can use online! There are no reasons for her to make excuses :)

Hahaha this reminds me of my mum who skimmed over her book, she thought you could have as much HEXs as you liked! :D Once she actually read the book and started group, she has been really successful. Just shows, read the book! :D xx

Amazing some people arent they? When I joined my "bible" was permanently attached to me! Still refer to it sometimes now after nearly 2 years! I was actually excited about reading it when I first joined. Does that make me a bit sad ha ha. Answers on a postcard! :)

Amazing some people arent they? When I joined my "bible" was permanently attached to me! Still refer to it sometimes now after nearly 2 years! I was actually excited about reading it when I first joined. Does that make me a bit sad ha ha. Answers on a postcard! :)

Dear Holl's Nan - yes you are sad but so am I lol!

I honestly dont think it hurts to read the book every now and then anyway - I often pick mine up and see a HE I'd forgotten about etc xxx

Clare - next time she asks why dont you just say to her - would you like to pay me the £4.95 a week because then its gonna cost you £9 90 if your paying for 2 consultants :8855:

Sorry i took so long to reply all i wrote this rant on lunch haha.

I felt quite bad after it but now i dont :p

Im all for helping people out but not when after me helping them numerous times they are not willing to help herself.

She goes on bout her bein 63 an me bein 26 so its easier for me to 'get' things, but i told her i 'get' it coz iv read the book over an over and im forever referring to it.

Oh well nxt time she asks me anythin im asking for 4.95 or whatever it is she pays.

:)

missclare85 said:
She goes on bout her bein 63 an me bein 26 so its easier for me to 'get' things, but i told her i 'get' it coz iv read the book over an over and im forever referring to it.

:)

Sorry, but honesty it doesn't matter how old you are! You should be able to read a book. I thought they said education standards were going downhill? Not on this evidence :)

You're right to be put out. We all love to help people that want to learn, not that can't be bothered to work it out.
It can be time consuming just working your own menu out without working out others too.

I second above post really. Both my husband and myself are doing S W. He started about 2 months ago but doesnt understand the plan and doesnt want to. I cook all his meals and plan and everything but because we have completely different tastes, me being more fussy, I have to do two plans. The first two weeks I had to write everything down, all hes and everything, but it has got a bit easier, but still very time consuming. However, I am retired so I do have a lot more time than him. As for the age thing, that is totally ridiculous and just an excuse. I am 59 and got my head round it no problem. :) :)

When I went to class I went with a friend who was like this, had absolutely no interest in reading the books and would then complain their losses weren't what they wanted. It got to a point where it just brought me down and I stopped going to class cos I couldn't be doing with their complaining anymore!

It would annoy the life out of me too lol my cousin who goes to group with me, I've told her a few times that full fat supernoodles are 10 syns but she's still buying them!! Sick of telling her.

I'm always referring to the book too. I like to remind myself which fruits/veg are speed foods.

I have a question, what happens when the 2013 book comes out, do we get a copy? Or can we buy one? Like for the changed healthy extras and stuff

Oh I know we are getting new books, am assuming we dont have to pay! We didnt last time. And do you know that the h es are changing again? I was wondering about that

Oh I know we are getting new books, am assuming we dont have to pay! We didnt last time. And do you know that the h es are changing again? I was wondering about that

I don't know I just thought they would add new healthy extras to the book, for example the weight watchers petit pains is a hexb, but you have to go online to find that out. I thought the new book would have new stuff in

Cant see any point in just changing the colour. Bit of waste of effort,paper, and time I think if there arent any changes in info! And it must be a nightmare for consultants, so heavy and storage too. (Sorry bit of a rant there, must stop being a Victor Meldrew) ha ha :)

Cant see any point in just changing the colour. Bit of waste of effort,paper, and time I think if there arent any changes in info! And it must be a nightmare for consultants, so heavy and storage too. (Sorry bit of a rant there, must stop being a Victor Meldrew) ha ha :)

Yep, I agree with you lol waste of time printing all new books if nothings changed. Its not like we will be able to use the new book as our stickers are all on the old ones!!

I've been told they're focusing more on ee, the main book is all about ee and then there's one of the smaller books which is for green red and success express. Don't think they're making any changes to HEX's or syns, not that I know of anyway

To be honest I think they realised last year that offering the new books for free encouraged people to come those couple of weeks around Christmas and new years, which is probably a time that a lot of people drop off and then don't actually come back for quite a while usually

Back