I need to stop eating all the time!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Miss helpme, 8 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Miss helpme

Miss helpme Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I worry as all I want to do is eat... even just after I have eaten a big dinner. I never used to eat this much and for me I think it was when i started slimming world over a year ago, I wasnt loosing weight and they kept on telling me I wasnt eating enough as all i would eat is 3 meals a day. So this is when the snacking started originally it was fruit but then when i stopped that diet it progressed to eating other things as I was used to eating at these times. And now i want to snack all the time and im not liking it!! How do I stop myself from wanting to eat all the time? Does anyone have any ideas how to stop feeling like this? I am drinking more water and I am staying within my pro points but every day im thinking of what i can eat next!!
    Anyway thanks for listening :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. losethisfatgirl

losethisfatgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    You can snack on fruit for free and veg well most fruit. You also need to remember you have got your weeklies as well.

4. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    Good ol' Calorie Counting and a little bit of happiness :)
    Don't keep 'bad snacks' in your house/work. It's really that simple. And if you can't resist buying them at the supermarket, order your groceries online and ask a friend/partner/parent to 'approve' your shopping list to make sure you haven't sneaked in anything that would be an unfair temptation.

5. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am the same! I too blame sw!! I do try and curb the cravings but having low pp but not low fat/sugar snacks is really the only way for me. It feels naughty and rids the craving.

Spray cream and a crumbled flake over fruit is one of my favourites.

6. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try setting a time for when you are next going to eat, eg your next meal or mid morning snack etc and try and hold out until then. You could start with a short time like go for an hour without eating and then go onto two hours etc. You will probably feel uncomfortable not giving into your urge to constantly nibble, but this is a habit you have picked up and there isn't an easy way to break it if that is what you want to do x

7. Miss helpme

Miss helpme Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks guys... I need to start getting some zero point snacks like carrots and tomatoes or something like that! but I think your right pudnpie I think if I set out the times in the day that I will eat and in between those time I need to stay strong and get out of the eating habit! I have done so well so far with WW and Im still determined to get to my goal weight which is just over another stone and a half!! Thanks all for your ideas... hopefully soon enough I will be writing on here that i dont want to eat all the time!!

8. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Keep at it misshelpme, we're all rooting for you!!

It's hard to break these habits but give yourself time. It's not stressed enough that we didn't put this weight on overnight, nor did we develop these habits overnight, so neither of them will be solved instantly. Keep trucking along and we'll all be here as a support network xx

9. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I'm glad I found this thread, thank you all x

10. twinkle22

twinkle22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Next time you feel hungry and want to snack have a glass of water first. It will fill you up then you may not need to snack. I think that when I was doing SW I never used to get that proper hungry feeling so I am sure my metabolism was really slow. Now my tummy rumbles before a meal to show I really need it. I feel much more in control of my eating on WW.

11. hannahmam

hannahmam Member

Start Weight:
    18st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.11%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am a big snacker. I try snack on fruit or carrot sticks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.