I need your wisdom... got my BP checked

Hey there cosmic twin, I fainted on LL. I used to feel faint all the time. I fainted when I got out of bed too quickly. Woke to a dog licking my face any my flatmate standing over me.

You know what I used to do?

Not stand up so quickly :D.

Seriously, that's what I did!!! Used to bend down to get stuff out the fridge and rise half way and pause before getting up the rest of the way (good for muscle tone in the legs too ;)).

I went to the docs and the nurse checked my blood pressure - it was low. BP is meant to rise slightly when you stand up and mine dipped. I was told to just be careful - c'est la vie!

Seriously mate, take care of yourself and don't do anything silly :)

Wow - something similar happened to me yesterday too and im also a teacher. I put it down to not drinking enough in the warmer weather and 30 8yr olds running me down. I got sent home too but didnt even faint, my head said i looked pale and i was asked today if i was sure 'this diet thing' im doing was for the best! I sent the kids on lots of errands to the water fountain for me today and feel lots better now. still prtty tired tho. take it easy hun x

It could be due to a change in your blood pressure? It might be worth getting that checked

Cant imagine it was fun being treated like that in work (((hugs)))

Hey there cosmic twin, I fainted on LL. I used to feel faint all the time. I fainted when I got out of bed too quickly. Woke to a dog licking my face any my flatmate standing over me.

You know what I used to do?

Not stand up so quickly :D.

Seriously, that's what I did!!! Used to bend down to get stuff out the fridge and rise half way and pause before getting up the rest of the way (good for muscle tone in the legs too ;)).

I went to the docs and the nurse checked my blood pressure - it was low. BP is meant to rise slightly when you stand up and mine dipped. I was told to just be careful - c'est la vie!

Seriously mate, take care of yourself and don't do anything silly :)

You're not supposed to agree with her!!! Some mate you are!;)

I'll walk around hunched like an old dear & sleep lots. Oh I find a Lloyds. If that doesn't work I'll chop off a limb cos I'm determined to get this last 2 stone gone!

my son goes through this alllll the time and is under the hospital for it.
he has very low natural blood pressure (can be as low as 80/30 at times) and suffers often with fainting and visual blackouts.
It is so much worse in the hotter weather (he had 3 blackouts yesterday) and we have been told that in these times we are to increase his salt and fluids.
may be worth adding a small amount of salt to a cd soup once a day and increase ur fluids by n extra litre to work with the salt.
should u faint again, try to find somewhere where u can lie down straight with ur feet higher than ur head as this is the best recovering position for a blood pressure drop.

You're not supposed to agree with her!!! Some mate you are!;)

I'll walk around hunched like an old dear & sleep lots. Oh I find a Lloyds. If that doesn't work I'll chop off a limb cos I'm determined to get this last 2 stone gone!

Sorry :eek:

I think it's just a natural reaction to losing all that weight. Even at my heaviest I still had normal blood pressure so it's no wonder it dropped as I got healthier. What's your "normal" BP like?

Mind you, I don't have to worry about that yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for the signs.

Basically I thought the end result of losing the weight was too much of an incentive to give up the method I was following. Possibly foolish but I just learnt to be careful!

And no, you do not need to become a hunchback, just no sudden movements :D

I fainted a couple of weeks ago and it was because my blood pressure was a little too low
As I was very nearly at BMI25+a stone,I decided to start moving up.
I am currently on 810 and while my BP is still pretty low it is a little higher.
I feel dizzy quite regularly,but it is just that I have to learn to manage myBP.The doctor has checked me over.
It could be the weather,but it may be worth checking out

Thank you all for you wise & occasionally scary words! I've found a Lloyds on my way home from work so will get my BP checked out tonight. Other than that I'm going to sit down a lot today, get up slowly & drink more water. If there are any more problems I'll see my dreaded doc. Thank you again. I just want to get this damn weight off but not at the risk of my health! Who'd have thought there'd be more health issues at BMI 28 then at 40!

I have postural hypotension. Seated my BP is 112/79 which is normal but then when I stood up it went to 102/70. Still not enough to say I have low blood pressure (under 90/60) but the fact that it lowers when I stand up is the issue. Have had a million tests to see if there is a reason for it so basically watch this space!

I have this since I was a teenager, i was never given a reason for it at time of diagnosis and as an adult I've never even had it investigated. If I get up from the chair quick or out of bed at a jump on waking, I get dizzy and light headed and seeing stars then everything goes dark and if I dont have anything to hold on to, to steady myself I fall over. It comes and goes, I can go ages with out it happening but it does seem to effect me more in the heat. I dont suffer attacks too often though because I try not to make sudden movements LOL

I was told never to jump up especially out of bed from waking, so I set my alarm clock for at least 10 minutes before I want to get up

You could be coming down with something, I had a cold last week and at the start of it kept getting a fuzzy head and feeling faint.

I have postural hypotension. Seated my BP is 112/79 which is normal but then when I stood up it went to 102/70. Still not enough to say I have low blood pressure (under 90/60) but the fact that it lowers when I stand up is the issue. Have had a million tests to see if there is a reason for it so basically watch this space!

SEE WE ARE COSMIC TWINS!!!

That's exactly the same as me, as I posted yesterday - spookier and spookier ;):D

Back