I only got 11 weeks!

Tel

What weight loss is possible in 11 weeks? :) x that will be when i have my last wedding dress fitting Eekkk x

I hope to kay, i've got my hen wk end inbetween aswell but im going to be strict with myself on food choices for them two days and get back on it straight after :) x

You will just need to be careful with alcohol consumption if you are in ketosis ;) There is a sticky on here about it, it's worth a read.... What an exciting time for you :D

What is ketosis kay? I heard the pharmasist mention something but to be honest i was in a rush to grt work :)

Have a read of this. Did you watch the DVD from the chemist? that explains it really well. You can watch it on the Lipotrim webste too.

Question:
What is Ketosis?

Answer: A lot of people are confused by the term "ketosis." You may read that it is a "dangerous state" for the body, and it does sound abnormal to be "in ketosis." But ketosis merely means that our bodies are using fat for energy. Ketones (also called ketone bodies) are molecules generated during fat metabolism, whether from the fat in the guacamole you just ate or fat you were carrying around your middle. When our bodies are breaking down fat for energy, most of the it gets converted more or less directly to ATP. (Remember high school biology? This is the "energy molecule.") But ketones are also produced as part of the process.

When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies turn to fat for energy, so it makes sense that more ketones are generated. Some of those ketones (acetoacetate and ß-hydroxybutyrate) are used for energy; the heart muscle and kidneys, for example, prefer ketones to glucose. Most cells, including the brain cells, are able to use ketones for at least part of their energy. But there is one type of ketone molecule, called acetone, that cannot be used and is excreted as waste, mostly in the urine and breath

That's why you may get dodgy breath whilst on Lipotrim (it's a good thing)

Hi Tel,
Good luck with your lipotrim journey.
Not to put a downer on things - but your pharmacist really shouldn't have started you on this program without explaining all of this and asking you to watch the DVD. My understanding was that it was obligatory for prospective lipotrimmers to watch it before they started, but I may be wrong here. I'd be interested to hear views of others on this.
And please don't get me wrong Tel - it sounds to me like the pharmacy should have taken a bit more time or else asked you to come at another time when you could spend a bit longer going over it.
After all, pharmacists are healthcare workers, not shop assistants handing over the sachets for cash. They have moral and ethical duties to ensure the best treatment and outcome for all of their customers.

Hi
Doireann
I has to watch the DVD before I could start the program...I was send home to watch it then she said come back if u really up for it.
Then spend about 20min with her in treatment room where she explained it all
Hugs to all x

For your hen night be careful when you are in ketosis your alcohol tolerance goes WAY down so if you are drinking on your hen night be very aware of your drinks as 3-4 drinks could knock you on your backside!

Hi Tel, I lost almost 3 stone in under 10 weeks when I did Lipotrim before.
But please do get that DVD or go on the website and find out everything you should
know first. Don't risk your health in the long run hun.
Good luck with it x

I 100% agree with the warnings about alcohol, when I fell off Lipotrim I didn't come off it properly and so after going for a boozy night out I caused myself a stomach ulcer along with vomiting blood which was terrifying which now almost 10 years later still causes problems and still needs medicating occasionally, took 2 days after drinking before I got the first proper symptoms. Take it very very easy if you choose to have a drink.

Hi girls i watched the programe online... Omg i love the diet even more and i'm totally 100%, im so going to hit 13 stone for my wedding day (hoping) :) xxx trouble is from now til then i have my hen wk end and in aug a wedding in ireland two weeks before my wedding! What shall i do? :/ x

If you're planning on drinking alcohol for both you should do a week's refeed before each occasion.
It's hard to get back to 100% after but you're obviously determined so you shouldn't have any probs!

Thanks shivie i will then, so i just take shake with me both occassions have shake-shake-small meal? :)

I think its best just to try and leave the alchohol out of the picture, prob could for the wedding we're invited to in ireland, might struggle to avoid it on my hen wk end?? :( x

I'd say you should do a refeed for the week coming up to your hen, its really dangerous to drink if youre on 100% so don't risk it! Don't drink too much either, as other people said your alcohol tolerence goes down :)

I wasn't told about the dvd, only found out about it from the forum!

My chemist wouldn't let me start until I'd watched the dvd!

Back