I probably won't be around much...

Caz

Repeat Offender
Hey guys, I've not been around much the last few days. Thank you to those people that have noticed and asked how I am. I'm fine, just been busy looking for jobs and stuff like that.

But I probably won't be around too much for the rest of the summer as I've decided to stop doing CD. I don't particularly want to as it's been going so well, but I still haven't found a job and so I just can't afford to keep it up. My parents buy food so that's a much cheaper option for me and one I think I'm going to have to go with unfortunately.

I'll probably come back to CD either as soon as I find a job, which I'm really hoping is VERY soon, or when the summer is over and I'm back at uni and so have my student loan again. I'm nervous about what coming off this diet will mean. Yes I've done well with avoiding things, but that's because I knew that they weren't allowed on this diet, and it was so strict.

In the mean time I'm going to try and follow a healthy eating plan. I think I'm going to do the 1000 step still, or similar to it in terms of calories and portions, minus the 2 CD meals as I struggle eating it all anyway, and maybe plus a little extra fruit to replace the meals. The only thing is obviously the whole nutrients thing, so may end up getting some vitamin tablets or something.

While doing that I'm going to step up the exercise. I bought a swimming pass for this month so am going to try and go swimming a few times a week. And try and get to the gym, but if not at least do my fitness coach and as much other exercise as I can. Taking my sisters dog for a walk. Anything.

I'm determined that stopping this diet won't be the end of my weight loss. Yes, it's an amazing diet that gives me such a boost. And I've loved the simplicity of it. And the fast results. But if coming off this diet means that I can't control my weight alone, then I have to worry anyway. My life has to go beyond CD. I'm not prepared to spend the next 50 or however many years constantly on a diet. I know that I'll have to be careful not to slip into old ways and habits, but I don't want to always be weighing out exactly 40g of pasta, or never having anything that doesn't fit this diet. I've learnt that I can do it. That I have the willpower to stick with it. Now I have to learn live life with food in it again. Maybe the hard way, but I hope not! I know I can do this. I have to. I'm not prepared to stay like this forever, and I've had a taste of how great it feels getting those pounds off!

So obviously, if I'm not doing the Cambridge Diet, a Cambridge Diet forum isn't really the place for me anymore. But I'm sure I'll still be around, checking up on you all!

Thank you all for the support that you've given me over the past three months. You've been exactly what I needed when I've needed it. Advice. Support. A kick up the bum. The last 3 months and almost 3 stone wouldn't have been possible without you!

Last edited:
Hi Caroline

Dieting/eating/CD aside, I pray you find something soon. It's so so tough at the moment and I was hunting for a job for 3.5 months, may be a shorter time than some people, but it was still mind numbing and got me down so I know how you feel. It's so important that you keep up with your healthy eating as by stopping CD you've potentially lost your "hobby" if u know what i mean, so dont let yourself get bored and down.......i pray you find something soon so you can come back to us!

Chin up.....pop in to say hello soon!

Lauren xx

hey caroline, I am sure you will do absolutly fine on your own, you done so weel when you had time off on holidays you can do it again! even if you maintain and come back to CD when you get cash!

Best of luck to you. I hope you find a job real soon. xxxxx

Aww Caroline,
I'm really sorry to hear about that. Keep up the healthy eating and keep your goals in mind and you will get to goal by Christmas xx

Caroline, good luck with the job hunting and keep popping in here! Dont be a stranger hun.

Doing a 1000 plan with a multi is a good idea. Just remember variety and keep busy with water and exercise. I know you'll get a job soon and be back here in no time.

Bren
XX

Oh Caroline, I will miss you ! But I completely understand where you are coming from, and hopefully we can stay in touch, I am sure that if you follow 1000 the pounds will continue to come off and as you say it is expensive, I would hate to add up what I have spent so far !

Good Luck on your journey and we will still be here if you pop in !

Love and Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh sweety, we will miss you on here. I'm sure you'll be fine, you are very determind and know what you want and how to get there. I really hope you find a job soon. Don't be a stranger and let us know how you're getting on xx

All the best on the diet/fitness and job hunting and like others have said-dont be a stranger,let us know how you're getting on!! and maybe look into one of the other forums on this site for support, but we're here for you too!!

good luck caroline. it will not be the same without you on here. you always give great advice and are always there for anyone. i know you will still do great. hope you find a job soon. keep us posted x x

I completely understand with the money. I find it a struggle too and also need a job. Good luck with everything Caroline. I'll miss you! x

good luck caroline, with both the weight loss and job hunting!

Oh boo! Good luck hun and hopefully we'll see you back here soon 'cause you've got a job :) Thanks for all the threads you've started and for all your support on the forum.

Good luck with the healthy eating plan. Might be better to go on a slightly higher plan where all your needs are catered for as 1000 and 1200 are designed to be used with 2 CD meals. But hey it's up to you.

Come and tell us how you're getting on xxx

Aww hun sorry to hear that you are stopping doing cd, but I do understand, it is hard and if your mum buys food then obviously you will be £35 per week better off which makes an awful lot of difference as we all know at the moment with the current financial state.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you find a job soon and re-join us on here, take care hun xx

Hey Caroline....
Just wanted to wish you luck for job hunting and for your the rest of your weight loss journey..
Please dont be a stranger hon you have done so well so far..... please come back when you get a job and you can jump straight back on if you have not already lost it another way.
Take care hon xx

Thanks everyone for all your support and kind words, it means a lot to me. I got a little teary! It's just great to now that I have so many people behind me here supporting me. I will definitely keep popping back on! Planning to keep trying to lose weight by whatever means I can and then get straight back on CD soon as I can!

Sorry to see that you've had to stop, sure you'll be fine though whatever regime you decide to follow. Although i've only been around a short while, your threads and posts have always been very useful and supportive, thankyou. Hope you find a fab job soon and come back (if you need to!). Take care xx

Back