I said I wasn't going to be........

Yay, well done on another 1lb off thats brilliant and you achieved your first mini-goal too. :D

Oh dear, sounds like you have been in the wars a bit. I hope your wounds are feeling better now. ;)

Good for you, replacing the bad snacks with healthier options, thats the way to go and bonus if it helps your sweet tooth too.

Don't worry about the exercise, it will happen when your ready and when your feeling better with your foot and leg. So just keep doing what you are doing with your diet.

Take Care
Gemma
xx

Yay !
Another 1lb off this morning, pleased as it was TOTM last week - knee has healed up and foot is feeling much better. Kids are back at school so this morning went out walking for an hour with a friend - have agreed to do the same on Thursday with her. Got a really good pace going and a bit breathless.
Just bought Marissa Peers book and am half way through it - its really interesting and I can see how it makes sense. I should finish the book tonight and listen to the cd if I have time before bed. Not sure about totally giving up bread and wheat, although cutting down I have noticed a difference in myself, the way I feel, the energy I have. Normally I would be toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, bread with dinner, and maybe toast before bed. No wonder I was bloated and tired all the time. I reckon I have only had toast about 3 times in a month.
We all went to the pictures on Sunday and the amount of rubbish that everyone else had was obscene. Pringles, popcorn. quality street, I took in a small bag of dried fruit and nuts and a big bottle of water and still had some left at the end - everything else was being passed about under my nose, but I really didn't want any - I want to be slim more than I want a pringle - its not really much of a sacrifice:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey there, congratulations on another 1lb off in only 3 days thats brilliant. :D I am pleased that your knee and foot are feeling much better, that will make you feel better too and you are already starting the exercise with walking, thats a great way to start so well done you. ;)

When my diet was going good a few weeks ago, I found that cutting out bread was really good for me too. So its great that you have made another positive change there.

And another big well done for you on the pictures front. Thats great taking in your own healthy snacks to nibble, if only cinemas sold them, it might make a difference to some people with what choices they make. And your right your health is more important than a pringle, so good for you.

I hope you have another wonderful couple of days, you are doing so well.

Gemma
xx

The cinema had a 'Healthy Options' stand which consisted of 3 tiny bags of nuts that were about £2.50, the rest was empty! I am glad that i took mine in
I suppose it was cheaper than the jumbo hotdog and huge fizzy drink combo special deal at over £8.00:eek:
Hang on in there Gemma!
x

Oh wow they had healthy options? I haven't seen that in my cinemas, yet, maybe they are hidden behind the maltesers. £2.50, thats disgusting, especially for healthy stuff. Oh god and £8.00, thats the price of another movie, I can't believe they can do that, thats why I sneak my own things in too. But next time I will take my cue from you and take in my healthy nibbles. ;) But I normally find that once the film starts I forget about eating anyway. lol

Thanks, flumpster
xx

Yet another hectic weekend - we had friends staying over which usually means loads of takeaways and alcohol, big fry ups and unhealthy snacks to go with the aforementioned alcohol!
Well, i just dont know whats gotten into me, had very good choices for dinner, no snacks, no fry ups, no hangover toast - nothing! A fair amount of alcohol, but even when drunk didn't eat a tube of pringles with a tub of sour cream and onion dip! My brain just seems to have clicked into place, after 25 years its working.
I would recommend Marissa Peers book to anyone now, its simple and common sense.
I am not depriving myself, I just dont want it, not even tempted, I dont know where its come from but I love it!:D

Last edited:
Wow you certainly sound like you have got your head in a good place now, thats great to not want it and be tempted, makes all this much easier to cope with.;)

Wherever this has come from, I hope you stay happy and continue to love it in the future and beyond.

Well done you and keep it up.

Gemma
xx

Thanks everyone.
Weigh in today, another 2lb off so all going well!:D
10lb altogether so far, so will have to get some more goals set out
Off to feed the piggy bank!

:party0019:
Yay, another celebration. 2lbs off thats great, well done flumpster. And 10lbs off in total thats a wonderful achievement, you must be quite happy, do you feel any difference in yourself?

I know that if you keep going like this you will achieve the next few goals you set yourself no problem.

Keep it going.
Gemma
xx

Yes Gemma, I do notice a difference in my face and neck, seems to start at the top of my head and work its way down;)
Looking forward to losing a bit off my chest and only having 2 boobs again instead of the 4 i have just now:eek:
x

:clap::clap: well done - 10 lbs off is amazing and what is even more amazing is how easy and natural you are finding it.

Its my 16th wedding anniversary tomorrow so I went out to get hubbies card and pressie and ended up getting some sexy new underwear for me, I have nothing matching in my knicker drawer unless you count grey and saggy as matching! If I say so myself, I don't look half bad:pRoom for improvement but feeling more confident about showing my body off. I have booked an overnighter at a nearby hotel on Saturday night, no kids, hubby wont know whats going on;)
Took supply of almonds and brazil nuts with me when shopping so wasnt tempted by crappy fast food outlets, but walked past them all them same and I have to say, a few of them actually turned my stomach:eek: I am so loving this feeling, i am in control of food for the first time in probably about 25 years:D

Well the weekend was lovely and the night in the hotel was great.
Really enjoyed the meal and felt great eating without feeling guilty. Much champagne, wine and cocktails were consumed over the course of the day and the food was fantastic. Beautiful scallops for starters and a melt in the mouth steak with a wonderful sauce. Even passed on the desserts and cheese board for afters.Ordered the full scottish breakfast on Sunday and left half of it on my plate, not that it wasnt tasty, just I had had enough.
Proved my mother in law wrong that cutting back on wheat and dairy is not too restrictive, its like she wants me to keep my fat. I am eating healthily, eating well, eating enough to satisfy me and working towards a healthier version of me. Let me be happy with my choices, I'm not telling her what she should be eating!

Hurray for me, into the 14 somethings:D
Only another pound away, but everything going in the right direction which is VERY pleasing, and encouraging me to remain focused. This is it now, this is me for life. I reread Marissas book last night as my mum in law had annoyed me a bit about a restrictive diet. The book points out that I was restricting aspects of my life by continuing to eat the way I was - couldnt wear certain clothes, show my body, go swimming, do stuff with the kids, and a whole host of other things. Surely a little restriction in food is tiny in comparison with the gains I get. Its easier to change if you embrace it, not fight it.

Weight is nothing to do with your body, its your head, and thankfully, mines seems to be in the right place at last!:)

Wow Flumpsters
You really seem to be in a good place. I skimmed this book a while ago, but it terrified me the way it scared you into not eating stuff, like mucousy milk etc. !!!
Anyhow, may try it again as Ive read good stuff about her.
xxx

Clarri, I put off buying the book as i thought there would be no way I could manage without milk, cheese, biscuits, chocolate and bread products. I had convinced myself that I would be wasting my money on yet another scheme that would end up nowhere.
That was several weeks ago, and I have had 'tested' myself with bread, cheese and chocolate, and whilst not repulsed by the thought of them, I now know I can take them or leave them. I had 2 tiny squares of dark chocolate over the weekend and then put the bar back in the fridge, where it will remain, probably till one of the kids spots it, and demolishes it. I no longer crave the foods that used to dominate my waking hours. I eat when I need to and honestly don't think about food all that much until its another mealtime. I guess the cd that comes with the book has really helped, she says it takes 21 days to instill new habits in your mind.

It certainly was the best £9 I ever spent, shudder to think how much I have wasted in the past on clubs, shakes, books, pills and a certain well known male hypnotists products. Previous 'dieting attempts' have resulted in a constant cycle of deprivation, sacrifice, and general feelings of guilt and being miserable, thinking I was continually missing out on things and punishing myself for slip ups.

I guess everyone has their 'thing' that works for them, I am sooo grateful I found mine.:D

my mum in law had annoyed me a bit about a restrictive diet.

I think people get weird about other people restricting their eating even if they give up only bad stuff - you are doing amazingly well!!

Back