I sat next to a "fat" woman on the bus today

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK, That probably sounded really bad.....

Before I started this diet, I couldn't even fit into an aeroplane seat... well, my butt would touch the sides... and I had had enough when I went on my last holiday before LL, when I struggled to do up the seatbelt only for the uber skinny air hostess to come over n say "we have extensions for those people who dont fit" - Well thanks... so I sat for the journey on holiday with my FAT EXTENSION...

The same would always happen on the bus... I would sometimes sit down taking up a seat and a half, and nobody would ever sit next to me... i never quite understood why because they looked skinny enough to fit in the half a seat that was left... but I was 90% of the time left to sit on my own... :(

Today I took the bus, and more recently have noticed I can fit into one seat now, and people ALWAYS sit next to me (maybe i just used to stink haha)

Coming home from work, the bus was packed... and there was a girl, just like me pre-LL, sat on her own on the chair, she looked so uncumfy, arms crossed to try and squeeze her body to look smaller and prove to everyone that there WAS room for them on the chair and I felt so sorry for her... she reminded me of me...

I sat next to her and she smiled :D... I was kinda squashing her but I think she was happy that the chair just wasnt left empty purely because she was big...!!

Have any of u noticed things like this?? It's really made me think about how much this weight affected me... I haven't really thought about that part :confused:

;)

hya hun ive noticed my arse has gotten bit smaller i can just about fit into a swing on a kids park, and when i sit inthe car i compare myself to ma bf s legs etc.. he alot skinier than me.and i still think im the fat one i hate that makes me really self concious.seems as thow your ova the moon and gettin somewhere fast good look t ya xxx redhedxxx

That was really good of you Claire, and you probably made her day. Good on ya girlfriend!

I have so noticed this too
I also see how big people hold themselves, like hold the front of their coats when walking, or hold shopping bags in front of them
i used to do this thinking it would hide how big i was
i recognise the slight tugging of the top down over the tummy i have seen people do this too, i used to do it, thinking if the top is in place i wont look so fat...
i see the desperate leaning into the window on the bus seat, trying to look like im only taking up 1 seat
i see big people standing up on public transport rather than squeeze their bulk down narrow aisles
i feel what they feel , but i dont look like them anymore
its very strange
i want to tell them they CAN lose weight they CAN be happier
of course i want to but i dont
but you know what i notice most of all
unhappiness and self conciousness in their eyes, they think i judge them too, if only they knew i once was just like them
its a strange situation to be in isnt it
nat xx

That was a lovely thing to do Claire and it does really make you think.

Gxx

I know what you mean Claire!

I remember when passing people on a pavement, they seemed to practically press themselves into the wall to get past me - and I was only a 16/18!!! I used to feel really hurt, as if they were calling me fat with their body language.
The bus seat thing happened to me all the time too, I used to pretend I thought it was because I dressed 'alternative' but I knew why it really was, they just saw a fat person taking up most of the seat. :(

I actually like having the whole seat to myself on a bus. I can put my bag and coat beside me instead of on the floor. :giggle: The last day trip I was on I was thinking people will sit anywhere rather than beside me and that I had noone to talk to. I used to sit down the back of the bus and then have to squeeze past everyone to get out so now I try to sit as near to the front as I can.

People seem to think fat's contagious, that if they brush against you or anything they will catch it.

well i prob wudnt have said anything but maybe if i got chatting and she said something about her weight i would have told her about LL and how well you are doing.

It's weird i know this is totally of topic but this is something i was thinking about the other day while in shopping centre having a coffee, a few chubby people went past and it got me thinking im glad im gonna be slimmer soon etc but do you think these people have tried diets do they know about LL/CD/Lipotrim etc? Id love to shout it from the rooftops. Sorry if that sounds like im been a ***** im not!

I will never forget one night out with my friends and i was going to the loo and had to get by a big group of people and i cudnt get through so i was like excuse me and i said it loud enough cuz the music was loud and this fella just like jumped reall quick like acted as if he was scared if you know what i mean..that just totally wrecked my night. then one of my friends said to me oh what did your man want i said oh nothing cudnt tell her!

I dont use buses, being a cab driver I used to get comments like "had a good day big man?" or "Hows it going big fella?".. don't get that anymore it's alright mate and had a good day mate.. so I'm suddenly everyones mate now I'm a tad smaller..

Ditto Claire, story of my past! Same thing about plane serat, seat belt (it even got to the extent, where i actually didn't want to go on a plane, cos i didn't want to get embrassed but it, and i used to search on the internet for purchasing an extended seatbelt.

The same thing used to happen to me about the bus seat, no one used to sit next to me when i was an ELEPHANT, but now i am slimmer, my god, they are queuing up to sit there!

I feel sooooooo sorry for BIGGER PEOPLE, as we know what they are going through and how they feel. That is sooo wonderful of you to sit next to the Big girl, well done for that, that made her day and it didn't take a lot for you to make that decision and just do it, very sweet and good of you! :) :)

I also used to get my Hubby to drive, (when going out with his friends), as i never wanted to sit in the back seat of his friends car's, incase i never used to fit, or never leave room for anyone else.

Its all changed now, i can now fit fine, however, i still have it in my mind that I am still an ELEPHANT, but will try to change my mentality on myself slowly slowly.

that was a lovely thing to do claire, i recently came back from my hols and found that the seatbelt only just did up! my butt was squidging out under the arm rests and i'm sure the bloke say next to me must have loved it!!!!

OK, That probably sounded really bad.....

Before I started this diet, I couldn't even fit into an aeroplane seat... well, my butt would touch the sides... and I had had enough when I went on my last holiday before LL, when I struggled to do up the seatbelt only for the uber skinny air hostess to come over n say "we have extensions for those people who dont fit" - Well thanks... so I sat for the journey on holiday with my FAT EXTENSION...

The same would always happen on the bus... I would sometimes sit down taking up a seat and a half, and nobody would ever sit next to me... i never quite understood why because they looked skinny enough to fit in the half a seat that was left... but I was 90% of the time left to sit on my own... :(

Today I took the bus, and more recently have noticed I can fit into one seat now, and people ALWAYS sit next to me (maybe i just used to stink haha)

Coming home from work, the bus was packed... and there was a girl, just like me pre-LL, sat on her own on the chair, she looked so uncumfy, arms crossed to try and squeeze her body to look smaller and prove to everyone that there WAS room for them on the chair and I felt so sorry for her... she reminded me of me...

I sat next to her and she smiled :D... I was kinda squashing her but I think she was happy that the chair just wasnt left empty purely because she was big...!!

Have any of u noticed things like this?? It's really made me think about how much this weight affected me... I haven't really thought about that part :confused:

;)

hey i know exactly how you mean
i was the same -- our bus seats are individual and i always was fitting into one and half seats
but now 10weeks into programme -- i fit into an individual seat
im so happy with myself
and im comfortable on a work chair -- not squashed into it now
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Know what you mean about the plane seats, I used to hate the meal times when you had to lower the table to eat it used to rest on my tummy and I had to breath in all the way throught the meal.

What a lovely post, Clare!

You probably made that girl feel 'human'...good for you!:)

aw Claire that was lovely,,

My wife had a plane seat in the middle between me at 20stones and another guy even bigger. She vowed never to fly again. Now I have lost the weight I can't wait for my next flight - probably February next year.

My wife says she will come with me!

I notice overweight people now that I never did before. I am not very sympathetic towards them in my mind - which shows how bad I can be I suppose.

Must try a bus sometimes just for the fun of only taking 1 seat

Back