i saw the bloke from here who has lost loads in a mag

gemsiebrown

i think it is mike???
the pics of him big and just right on the front cover of a tell all chat type mag posted by his ex????????????? has anyone seen it??:confused::eek:

i think it is mike???
the pics of him big and just right on the front cover of a tell all chat type mag posted by his ex????????????? has anyone seen it??:confused::eek:

Not his ex. Of course, the mag got a bit confused with the truth/lie game:rolleyes:

Most of the article was good though, but the title on the cover was typical of that type of paper:mad:

Oh what magazine is it in KD??

Oh what magazine is it in KD??

I'll pm you, though I'm sure someone will name it soon:rolleyes:

BTW...they say he has lost 15 stone...so that's not true for a start. So, I guess you can take the rest of the title with a pinch of salt.

Real People is the magazine!

They did a story on Jo and I and talked about how when I lost weight we really struggled, it isn't well known outside of Mini, CD Counsellor, DQ etc that I had a nervous breakdown after I reduced my weight, the reason being that I used to use food to cheer myself up as I had a lot of problems from my past.

Hence when I lost weight I could no longer eat to cheer up and hence went on a downward spiral, in the late summer of 2006 I had a breakdown, I stupidly had a one night stand with someone and also split up with Jo and went on a 3 month spiral of depression, I was written off work, put on a lot of different pills by the GP and assessed as a risk to myself.

Anyway I was lucky then to find NLP which allowed me to deal with my real issues which were never food related, I was merely using food as a sticky plaster for the real problems from my past.

So to cut a very long story short!! I am now finally happy, Jo and I are stronger and happier than ever, for the first time in 34 years I can say I actually am happy being me and hence I no longer struggle with food.

This is why I wrote the courses for people I have and also am writing a book about how you need to deal with the true reasons you got big.

When I was 25 stone I said that when I was slim I would be happy but the reality is very very different, when I got slim I was still unhappy but couldn't use food anymore so actually I was more unhappy.

In terms of this article then Real People have just made a load of it up! I didn't lose 15 stone on the diet, I never ever ever lied to Jo and I never would, I didn't put 7000 pounds on a credit card, Jo never called me a monster, the kids didn't ask what was wrong with me and about another 30 innaccuracies. Therefore I have actually complained to the press complaints commission as the article although loosely based on reality is half made up!

So that's me! I am not perfect for sure, and I regret having a one night stand but I can't change the past! Jo and I agree that the whole episode was the kick up the bum we needed in our own relationship but it was only when I dealt with my true original issues that the world fell back into place.

Mike

i think it is mike???

Definately not my ex!! She is still my wife and will be for a long time yet :)

Mike this is precisely the reason I don't read magazines and papers whos main content is "real life" stories. Agree totally with you about food being a thing that numbs the misery/difficulties/challenges etc. I am only managing on this diet because I went through counselling and coaching so could finally deal with things without using food as an anaesthetic. Then all this baggage contained in every pound of fat could finally be delat with. It is great that you have such a strong relationship that survived your illness etc...long may your happiness reign:D:D

Price of fame, eh Mike ;)

Posh and David have the same problem:sigh:

lol thanks guys, seems a long time ago now in our lives as was 2 years ago, can't believe that I nearly destroyed everything good in my life but I was lucky to be able to put it back together. Now I realise what was really going on in my head through my 20's and what it was all about it somehow seems so silly, my main advice to anyone who like me says they "bury emotion" is don't! As when the emotion explodes it can take you with it :-(

All power to you Mike, for sharing your story with us on here.
So glad to hear your life is on track now, and you're both happy. It must have been a very painful time for you both.
Bad cess (as we say in Liverpool!) to the lamentable "journalist" who distorted your story.
XXXX

Hi Mike

I bought the magazine today cos I was shocked to see you on the cover!!!

Was hoping someone else would bring it up cos I didn't want to lol

My only question is... why sell 'your story' to this type of mag in the first place??? I know that is none of my business but if it was Jade Goody or Kerry Katona that we were writing about we would be slating them to the last for inviting publicity into their lives... I just don't understand why you would want your very private life out in the public so openly... even though I understand they made stuff up.

Don't get me wrong and I will probably be ran out of town (ie minimins) for even asking such a question but if I was to sell/give my story to a mag who we know is kinda trash I would expect nothing more from them than to make stuff up to bulk it up!!

Gen

Ps... I think you are amazing for what you have gone through and come out the other side and you are a true inspiration to me and many others.

Isnt it shame that they cant focus on the true story which is in itself remarkable without making the rest up.

I wont be buying it either thats for sure

How true you are Sandy hun, the real story would be much more moving and worth printing than their version. I too wouldn't buy it.

Well done you Mike for complaining x x

Hi Mike

I bought the magazine today cos I was shocked to see you on the cover!!!

Was hoping someone else would bring it up cos I didn't want to lol

My only question is... why sell 'your story' to this type of mag in the first place??? I know that is none of my business but if it was Jade Goody or Kerry Katona that we were writing about we would be slating them to the last for inviting publicity into their lives... I just don't understand why you would want your very private life out in the public so openly... even though I understand they made stuff up.

Don't get me wrong and I will probably be ran out of town (ie minimins) for even asking such a question but if I was to sell/give my story to a mag who we know is kinda trash I would expect nothing more from them than to make stuff up to bulk it up!!

Gen

Ps... I think you are amazing for what you have gone through and come out the other side and you are a true inspiration to me and many others.

The reason we did it was simple really, when the journalist got in touch it was through a friend who I had spoken to about the fact that people assume that just losing weight is the answer to everything and that it will make you happy, therefore the angle they had said would show was the fact that while reducing weight is absolutely fantastic for your health it doesn't make you happier (or at least for me it didn't). As part of the book I have written I tell my full story and I don't hold back as I think it is important for people to realise that through difference you usually see sameness and hence I find most people can relate to each other when it really comes down to what they use food for.

I didn't expect them to add in a load of rubbish as funnily enough they said they wouldn't and said they would read back the final piece to Jo.

But as I said what is done is done, I have no issue with the truth but I don't understand for example why a magazine would change that I lost 11.5 stone to 15 stone just to sell a few more, as ultimately that is just a lie! they might as well have said I lost 60 stone!!

M.

The reason we did it was simple really, when the journalist got in touch it was through a friend who I had spoken to about the fact that people assume that just losing weight is the answer to everything and that it will make you happy, therefore the angle they had said would show was the fact that while reducing weight is absolutely fantastic for your health it doesn't make you happier (or at least for me it didn't). As part of the book I have written I tell my full story and I don't hold back as I think it is important for people to realise that through difference you usually see sameness and hence I find most people can relate to each other when it really comes down to what they use food for.

I didn't expect them to add in a load of rubbish as funnily enough they said they wouldn't and said they would read back the final piece to Jo.

But as I said what is done is done, I have no issue with the truth but I don't understand for example why a magazine would change that I lost 11.5 stone to 15 stone just to sell a few more, as ultimately that is just a lie! they might as well have said I lost 60 stone!!

M.

Hey Mike

I actually came back on to delete this cos I thought I was a bit harsh :eek::eek: but your reply got to me first.

I hope I haven't offended you in any way but I just had to ask!! Maybe its a lesson to us all not to trust everything we read eh!!!

Gen

No you didn't upset me at all! And I don't mind total honesty as we did have a tough time and we worked really hard to get through it and then Jo supported me while I really dealt with my problems.

The reason I "trusted" them was that they said that they would phone Jo with the final article and read it out and then she could agree or not to it being published, the reality was they read out a different version to Jo, therefore that is why I have asked the press commission to investigate ! But what is done is done, I could spend the rest of the week being upset or could spend some time helping people and being happy so will go with that one!

sounds like you have a mighty fine woman on your arm there mike!! and she a mighty fine chap!! working through problems is so much harder than pretending that they don't exist. and you have even more of my respect (not that you need it, but it is there) than you had before for managing to do this.

hat off to you :)

abz xx

Back