Red Days I simply cannot stop eating today!

KittyKatKayl

My body is a temple ...
Hi I'm doing a red week, and I'm finding it so hard... I'm hungry... like constantly hungry. Nothing seems to fill me up, but on a green day I'm fine with 3 meals & a couple of snacks. I'm starting to wonder whether red days are a bad idea for me because i eat so much.

so far today I've had...
2 wheetabix
2 apples
2 bananas
1 pear
2 quorn sausage (with 1 tomatoe & mushrooms)
Slices of ham ...

and it is only 11:40am! (Been up since 5am though, if that makes any difference)

Does anyone else get like this?
I'm concerned about gaining weight by the end of the week if I carry on like this!

That doesn't really look like an enormous amount of food for 6 1/2hours tbh. Maybe you need something with a wee bit more "substance" to it - I end up eating a lot of carrots on red...

I was just thinking that it looks very much like a Green Day without the carbs (the ham being the obvious exception). If you are shorting both carbs and protein then no wonder you're hungry hun! I often find on red days that I get more hungry as protein doesn't seem to fill me up as much, and like Wenchie carrots are my life saver.

I dont think its a problem, so far all the food is to plan and its good to be eating all that fruit. I wish I liked fruit!
Maybe getting up early has made you more hungry.
With me I have a day were I eat loads then a normal day, then another hungry day. It sort of balances out. Just make sure when you have a hungry day there are plenty of safe things to munch on.
Well done for getting that lb off! x

I think it may be due to waking up early, I know I'm eating good food but I'm just concerned about the amount (But I'm only at the start of my second week so the increase in food is amazing me) Lunch is homemade ham & cabbage soup with a ham & egg salad, can't wait to eat that soon!

Thanks daisy, I couldn't believe that I lost with the amount of carbs I was eating!

Wenchie, carrots sounds like a good idea, I will pop the market on my lunch to pick some up.

Do you all find that you lose more with green or red days?
I'm trying to use this week to compare to lasts tp see the difference :)

I haven't been consistent enough with the type of days I'm having in a week to know - I tend to do EE but have green sometimes if I've not had any meat and want more HExs or feel the need for bowlfuls of comforting pasta or noodles (I'm practically a veggie, though, except for my love of very rare steak ;)) and Red if I'm either PMSing or know I'll need to use my brain a lot (I think clearer with the lack of carbs putting me to sleep, but red days are harder for me to work out and I do need to plan my snacks more so I don't get hungry.).

Carrot sticks and roasted carrots are absolutely my red day lifesaver.

This tends to be the reason in which I don't do many red days. I find that I don't stop eating, then can't find the right 'red' things to eat so I just eat anything and it all goes a it wrong. So far in the last 3 weeks I have had 3 red days. When I do green I tend to have 3 solid meals a day and don't find the need to snack. Oh man I have done it again rambling without answering then question! The amount doesn't sound a lot, but it all depends on you appetite and everyone has 'hungry' days :)

I haven't been consistent enough with the type of days I'm having in a week to know - I tend to do EE but have green sometimes if I've not had any meat and want more HExs or feel the need for bowlfuls of comforting pasta or noodles (I'm practically a veggie, though, except for my love of very rare steak ;)) and Red if I'm either PMSing or know I'll need to use my brain a lot (I think clearer with the lack of carbs putting me to sleep, but red days are harder for me to work out and I do need to plan my snacks more so I don't get hungry.).

Carrot sticks and roasted carrots are absolutely my red day lifesaver.

mmm roasted carrots yum yum, I don't normally eat meat, but I'm donating blood this Friday so I want to make sure I get enough protein & Iron. Normally my diet is veggie, but I thought I could just use quorn instead of meat if I do red days in future :)

This tends to be the reason in which I don't do many red days. I find that I don't stop eating, then can't find the right 'red' things to eat so I just eat anything and it all goes a it wrong. So far in the last 3 weeks I have had 3 red days. When I do green I tend to have 3 solid meals a day and don't find the need to snack. Oh man I have done it again rambling without answering then question! The amount doesn't sound a lot, but it all depends on you appetite and everyone has 'hungry' days :)

Yeah hopefully I won't be this hungry tomorrow!

Back