I still can't drink coffee-I want something HOT!

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
I was hoping that since i have had nothing but shakes and water for 3 weeks that my taste buds would have changed, so today i tried black coffee, no sugar (I used to have white coffee with 1 sugar).. It was rank!!!!

I can't stand sweeteners either.. they taste so artificial..

I don't like peppermint tea, roobush (sp), green or raspberry tea..

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone suggest something i could try just to have a hot drink... pleaseeee??

You should try a mug of Marigold Bullion... its gorgeous... lovely and hot and savoury :)

I don't like sweetners either but I do have black coffee with one sweetner...

I have less coffee than I used to have, I had to try different amounts and different makes of instant to get it right, but firstly just try it with less coffee

it will keep you warmer in those cold moments too
I've also found it helps with dull head aches sometimes too

can't give any other ideas apart from black tea lol sorry Hun x

how water with lemon and ginger? x

You can't have lemon or Ginger....

As far as I know lol and that ain't much
I'm just a stickler for the rules lol

Do you ever have your shakes hot?

I always have my choc shake as a 'hot chocolate' in the evening - I make it up with 400mls either hot water or hot peppermint tea and it's so lovely - warming and comforting!

Thank you all x x

Starlight.. Is that like a soupy stocky drink? Are we definitely allowed that because that might help me..
In fact.. that sounds pretty yummy... Explain it to me please.. Tempt me!! lol x x

I can't do that bren!! I tried the chocolate and it was fouls.. Hats off to anyone who can drink the shakes hot.. I HAVE to have mine with icy slush or i can't stand them... Thanks anyway hun x x

Theres actually reference made to bullion on the 'Honk' thread yesterday :) I know youre definitely allowed it on CD and on Exante so I cant see why you wouldnt be allowed it.

Its really tasty, I used to use it to make stock for soup, so its a nice soupy taste to it. You get it in powder form in a tub, one spoonful makes a really good sized mug. I LOVE it :) Think Ill be getting through a lot of it as the weather gets colder lol

I will try that tomorrow Starlight.. So by tomorrow night i will either be singing your praises or cursing you!! lol

It will be lovely to have something other than water, and the idea of soup (and not the LT ones as they don't seem to have a good reputation).. Thank you so so much x x x

Yep the boullion is lovely especially these cold days ive been drinking loads i got the low salt organic marigold one and have gone through a whole tub in a week so will be buying 2 this week. Also have you tried clipper green tea with nettle its really yummy i dont actually like either of these teas on their own but this one mixed is great you cant buy it everywhere though i order from victoria health maybe you could try that.

I would phone and ask about bullion

as far as I know, which again isn't much, but stock has a fair bit of salt, which means you will start to retain water again... And with the things I have been told u can't have, would think that I wouldn't be able to have that

but hey Im pleased with my losses and prob now stuck in my ways, doing it all by the book and having nothing but the shakes soup, black coffee/ tea and plain water lol

I think i just found them both in Holland and Barrett.. I have some green tea, but can't stand it, so might try some nettle tea mixed with it. Thanks hun xx

Yep have a look in victoria health it really is much nicer than just the green or just the nettle.

I will do that tomorrow Amanda.. Thank you x x x

I would phone and ask about bullion

as far as I know, which again isn't much, but stock has a fair bit of salt, which means you will start to retain water again... And with the things I have been told u can't have, would think that I wouldn't be able to have that

but hey Im pleased with my losses and prob now stuck in my ways, doing it all by the book and having nothing but the shakes soup, black coffee/ tea and plain water lol

Apparantly the ingredients in bullion are almost identical to the LL savoury drinks and are a fraction of the price

I think yr not supposed to have the lemon in lemon and Ginger because it can affect ketosis. However I've been drinking it by the bucket load and am still averaging a loss of 3 lb a week..... It doesn't seem to affect me. I have twinnings maybe because the taste is due to lemon zest rather than lemon juice, it certainly doesn't taste acidic. I'm going downstairs to have one now...tomorrow I'm going on a hunt for low sodium veg soup stock :)

hi starlight and all!
I wouldnt have thought marigold bullion was allowed, i've looked up the ingredients and there's quite a lot of carbs in it and also LACTOSE. Carbs and lactose will surely kick us out of ketosis? does look nice though!
And no lemon - the citric acid would affect ketosis - i rang lipotrim a while back bout that. x

Its certainly well quoted in LL CD and Exante forums on Minimins and also VLCD forums in general as being acceptable and so far certainly noone on Minimins has reported it knocking them out of ketosis :) I did a search through posts earlier and some people were drinking several cups a day with no effects and several also said it the ingredients and nutrients were on a par with VLCD savoury drinks.

I was out of ketosis this week, due to a planned day off, and got back into it no problem even drinking a couple of mugs of bullion a day :)

Was discussed here a few months ago http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/132158-how-much-boullion-can-you-drink.html#post2249697

you cant have anything but coffee or tea and water so no veg flavoured drinks, the bag clearly states what you can gave and what you cant have.

i like the coffee with a few sweetners try with four , canderal sweetners are nice x

Back