I take my hat off

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
I would like to say I take my hat off to all of you who have to prepare meals for other people in the household ie. children, partners etc. :worthy:

My daughter is coming up 17 and I do no cooking whatsoever for her. She lives of pizzas anyway which she cooks when she comes in (not that I am a cruel mother or anything :whip:). Tonight we went to Morrisons and she fancied a cooked chicken - my absolute favourite. I knew in the shop that I would be stuggling but when we got home she wanted hot chicken sandwiches - fresh bread dripping with butter. Well, I had some chicken :cry::cry:. I feel terrible. God know who all you who cook on a regular basis can continue with this diet. I think you all deserve a medal :angel09:.

hiya, dont feel too bad.....its soo hard sometimes to resist. My hubbys just sat next to me and ate a huge curry (which is my fave) and i was practically sat next to him just sniffing his tea. I had to tear myself away to go into the garden to water the garden to take my mind off it . Yesterday he was scoffing a bacon butty and i decided to finish off some decorating to try to stop thinking about it lol . I reckon i should get loads round the house done whilst on this diet : )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Mia...
Awww you dont look old enough to have a 17 year old.. the chicken is ok though .. is it the first time you have had anything I cant remember if you were doing ss+ or ss.
You just get used to it hon...... I have a 2 and 3 year old and make them breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday.. and as soon as its finished it goes straight in the bin..
xx

Thanks. Curlywurly all I can say to that is "I wish" lol.

I stand by what I say - congratulations to everyone who does this diet and prepares meals at the same time. It makes is 100% more difficult. I am on SS so not allowed any food, but like I say had the chicken, will it do any harm by Wednesday weigh in do you think?

I can always depend on you to give me the words I want to hear :D:thankyou:

with regards to cooking.. I am too stubborn to cave in. I even bake cookies and muffins. Home made pizza and other things that smell yummy like chili and ravioli but the stuborn cow in me kicks in and I refuse to touch one bit.

I would like to say I take my hat off to all of you who have to prepare meals for other people in the household ie. children, partners etc. :worthy:

My daughter is coming up 17 and I do no cooking whatsoever for her. She lives of pizzas anyway which she cooks when she comes in (not that I am a cruel mother or anything :whip:). Tonight we went to Morrisons and she fancied a cooked chicken - my absolute favourite. I knew in the shop that I would be stuggling but when we got home she wanted hot chicken sandwiches - fresh bread dripping with butter. Well, I had some chicken :cry::cry:. I feel terrible. God know who all you who cook on a regular basis can continue with this diet. I think you all deserve a medal :angel09:.

Im with Curlywurly - you dont look old enough to have a daughter of 17!

My hubby eats from the moment he walks through the door. Thats hard sometimes, but he makes his meals most of the time but I do cook sometimes. I also make up his sandwiches for the day after and thats a killer so started buyin slightly cheaper sandwich fillers so I wont be tempted to nibble!!!! Not that Im a snob!

Im on my 2nd day today and had a little ham - naughty but do you know what you have done so well honey and a little chicken will not do you any harm at all Im sure. Keep up the good work xx

aw mia, I too have too cook for 5 others and last time i did cd i refused to cook for ages but this time had to just do it..... like curly said i have to put it straight in the bin...
heard someone say they knew someone who squited fairly liquid over all leftovers to destroy it!

anyway.. dont beat yerself up... put it behind you and look forward!!!

xxx

I too have to cook every day for husband and two smalls - I use sugar-free chewing gum as a deterrent to "picking"! I know strictly its not allowed - and some say it can enhance hunger because of the chewing action - but I've found it really helped me during this my first week.

I am a picker - so anything that stops me doing that must be good!

Even creamy mashed potato doesn't taste very good when you have a mouth full of peppermint flavour :)

regards
Bubbles

Thankfully I don't have to do it too often, for Gods sake it's not as if I was making a Christmas dinner, it was a chicken sandwich lmao haha.

I too am a picker and know all the tips on how to stop eg chewing gum, fairy liquid but I JUST CANT DO IT !!! When I was cooking for her God knows how I wasn't bigger than I am. On a happier note I noticed how salty the chicken tasted, granted it didn't stop me eating it, but it somehow tasted different.

BTW I am 43 so unfortunately I am old enough to have a 17 year old :( :(. Don't get me talking about age lol - ANOTHER one of my major hang ups lol

Mia - You DEFINITELY don't look 43!!!! And don't worry about the chicken, it's fine I'm sure. It could have been worse, right?
I have 3 children whom I cook for everyday and make sandwiches etc.. but I'm with purplepixie on this one.. I'm too darn stubborn!! I quite like putting temptation in the way so I can laugh in its face. Lets hope it doesn't bite me on the ar*e one day!!!

Onwards and downwards Mia :) xx

I have to cook every day for 5 kids and an OH who can't even boil an egg LOL.It's hard sometimes but I drink water and chew gum and imagine all the nice clothes I'm going to buy when I get to target :)

I dont know about anyone else, but it really helps me to cook for my housemates. I think it breask that barrier of food being bad or avoided. Also after i've made them something really healthy, i dont fancy it eating it. Do you ever feel like that? plus they love it because they have food waiting on the table when they come home from work!

The only downfall is that I cant taste whilst im going along. x

Back