I think I am going to have to leave :'(

Hi Girls

Well yesterday was a total emotional day, was a complete mess (TOTM really not helping, but it's a weird TOTM it's there but not and for me that's extra weird'ness sorry TMI also!)

Didn't want to eat either, but got to about 3 and thought I've got to sort myself out before the MIL comes, so decided to have my shake & bar, some water, dry the eyes, re-do make up, and sort the house.

Anyway, MIL came over and we told her the news, which started me off again, not good, but I think she could see it was coming anyway. She has said we can't go on without a car, and wants to help how she can. My nan has also said the same thing, and between them, they have come up with a sum of money they want to put together to help us get something hopefully half decent to get fiance to/from work and to keep us going for the future. They are both non believers in very cheap run arounds, more because of Alex than anything else, because they worry I may be out getting shopping or stuck on Motorway and if it breaks down we could be on our own or something, which I understand I guess. We've got to try and scrap our car for as much money as we can, and then boot sale everything that we don't use (again for as much as poss) also going to get rid of the bridesmaid dressed I bought in January in the Deb's sale, as we won't be getting married next year as planned (funds just wont allow, and I think by the time we do, our thoughts on dresses may have changed etc) So we can give as many pennies as we can towards the car, and they will give the rest.

With regards to CD, neither of them want me to give up completely but having seen the price etc, they agree that it may be time to go up a plan. I weigh in at 12 stone 4 3/4 now, so nan has said get under the 12's then drop it to the 1000 plan, (I'm hoping maybe 2 weeks?) I know will buy more fruit, but I can't see it being over £14 a week, seeing as the boys already have fruit and always end up wasting some as they have so much left over, so I'm hoping this will save some money in that department. If it gets much worse then I will have to go up further to 1200 and drop down to 1 CD meal a day and work up from there. I know in my head and in my heart how much I don't want this to end and how much I do not want to gain the weight, and how much I still want to lose so much more weight, but right now, my priorities have to lay with getting our finances back on some kind of track.

I do have the best family and friends (especially included on Mini's!) but my head yesterday was so messed up, I just feel like I'm so sick of having to ask for help all the time.

On the plus I've spoken to a few more agencies, and e-mailed our local youth centre about some possible positions, and will see what comes of them.

Right, well I'm off to finish packing bag, as going off for a swim (a free one, as Alex is free, and I have a free bottle top - cheap skate me eh! Try to clear my head a bit before the weekend kicks in!)

Thanks for all your replies so far, they really are all appreciated x

I'm really pleased that your car situation is looking up for you and making things a little less stressful for you. That's great your Mum and Nan can help you. I hope things go well with your job hunt too. Zoe xx

Why don't you register yourself as a childminder? You could stay at home with your little boy, and care for a few other children as well. Give you extra money (roughly £5 to £6 per hour, per child) time with your little boy, and friends for your little boy to play with!

Setting up as a childminder

Abover tells you all about how to get started.

Good Luck, Hugs x x x

Glad you are getting things sorted-having a plan always helps :)

PS Back on the subject of cars again-my spacewagon which cost £2000 (and has had £800 more spent on it in parts)is standing on the drive unfixable...my mondeo costing £250 is totally reliable and drives like a much newer car...not all cheap runabouts are worse than more expensive cars :)

I agree with you Polish Rose, we bought my hubby a cheap runaround about 4 years ago and it is still going strong although it has 170,000 on the clock.... best buy we have ever made car wise.

We are also having to cut back on things financially, and there is me, hubby, and 5 kids here, (also a great dane, pug and cocker spaniel, 6 cats and 5 kittens, plus a tortoise) but we only spend £70 a week on food for all except me (my cambridge stuff is on top of this), and I buy fresh fruit and veg, I only take half a list shopping and buy whatever is on offer that week, sometimes different shops have their fruit and veg much cheaper than others, but needs must. Check out this website as it tells you the offers in each store and also what cheaper alternatives you could buy instead of what you added to your basket, or whether it is cheaper elsewhere.... www.mysupermarket.com. Good luck with finding a new car and also with your continued weightloss...

Thank you. The car won't really be down to me now, it's down to fiance's mum mainly and my nan (and fiance) as I only really get to drive twice a week at the most anyway.

Had a nice swim this morning. Just got to get head into gear now. In my head it feels like CD is over if I go up to 1000, it just seems like too much and like I will fail as I still have so much to lose, but in my heart I know it's my only real choice.

Back