I think I have been doing it wrong

kazd

I went for my wi this week and I had stayed the same I was absolutely gutted. Not a thing has passed my lips that shouldn't have or so I thought.

I always eat 2 x weetabix (hexb) and skim milk (hexa)

Lunch is normally pasta salad made from Pasta (obviously) red onion, peppers, sweetcorn, sun dried toms (2.5 syns) and honey mustard dressing (2 syns). For pud at work I take in Fruit Salad, Strawberries, Blackberries, mandarins (1 syn for whole tin but split over several days) and a muller.

Dinner has been a variety of things but basically I have thought that I could have as much green (pasta, rice, noodles etc) and as much chicken as I want because I only had one hexa and hexb. I thought this was classed as an extra easy meal. I did not realise that you had to incorporate a third of the superfree foods.

I had also been having the occassional ww pud (8.5 sysn) so I was still within the syns limit and I did not have the pud everyday.

So I was totally fed up. Today though one of our team leaders said she could tell I was losing weight because my face looked slimmer - even though up to wed my total loss was only 4lb.

I have steadily been reducing the pasta in my salad, I started with about 125 g but today only had 75g so my veg to pasta ratio is now greater. I also tried to take more fruit today. I also added celery and swapped red onion for spring onion today in the pasta salad.

Keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

Its as I said to my husband though, the reason its so disappointing is that even though I may have got it slightly wrong, compared to what I would normally eat I have been an angel. I can't tell you the amounts of cakes that have been going round at work recently. I have not taken a scrap off the kids plates.

Gutted of Northampton

as silly as it may sound are you eating enough? My leader told us that if you are not eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and cling on to every lb because it doesn't know when it will next get food. Just a thought. Nothing more disappointing than 'being good' all week then staying the same. Drinking plenty water to shift that fibre along??

Are you having the same food every day? Your food sounds ok (perhaps a little extra fruit wouldn't go amiss!) but if you're not having any variation in your diet...hate to say it...but it can really hinder weight loss.

Not to mention boredom - you won't stick to a diet if you're bored! I know you said you vary it a bit, but if you're eating the same kind of thing the body often doesn't like it.

Drink loads of water too...

It's disheartening when you've been good and it doesn't show on the scales, but stick with it. You're still getting your head round the plan. Keep going, work out what suits you (some people just don't get on with EE, others love it) and you'll soon be losing.

I have a tendancy to have the same thing for lunch because
I only get 20 mins and I like it. I like wraps but would not want to use my sins on them. I will try and add some more fruit but I do take a sizeable fruit salad. I may try a red day but I prefer green.

Sometimes you can stick to plan 110% and still not lose. I have no idea why this is but at some point we all have these weeks!!!! There are also many factors to take into consideration... are you due on your period? have you been drinking enough water? ARE you eating enough? If you been doing all this then maybe you'll have a good loss next week.
And it is possible to lose the inches but not the pounds!!! Sounds daft but it does happen!!!
Good luck hun... sounds like you are doing great and the weight will come off if you keep to plan xxx

Kazd did you know your body needs 1726 calories a day to lay in bed an do NOTHING. 1726 calories just to be able to keep your brain working, heart pumping and lungs breathing.

I know SW doesn't work in calories, but if you think about it you do a lot more than just lay in bed all day, so you need slightly more calories just to survive.
As Maisy Mouse said, make sure you are eating enough!

...But slimming down doesn't always mean losing weight. It may sound odd, but it's possible to get thinner without actually seeing a change in your weight...
I've been reading an Article on about.com called
Losing Inches But Not Losing Weight?
It's a fabulous article, definately worth a read, most importantly - don't give up!

Happy Slimming,

Natt xxx

Thanks for your support, I am keeping going.
Despite a maintain this week I am still not tempted to be bad although I am considering having wine today. Does anyone know how many syns in a bottle of White Grenache! I think it's going to be a barbi today and I might try a red day.

Kaz,

You are following the EE plan correctly, and the 1/3 superfree thing is only a recommendation - I didn't even realise for my first month on EE and still lost weight, so don't worry about that. Certainly, don't start reducing how much you're eating for dinner - eat until you are full, and then stop.

When you started on SW, did you measure yourself? It's worth doing, as sometimes the inches come off in different weeks to the scales showing a loss!

Well done for sticking at it - you never know, there might be a big loss waiting for you next week!

Rose wine - about 26 syns per bottle.

If you like wraps then you can make free ones from very thin omelets.

Well today I made a slight change, didn't have breakfast until about 10ish and a first for me, I crushed a weetabix, topped it with fruit salad (my normal one that's constantly in the fridge), then some mullerlight and then repeated it. Loved it. I have never fancied the idea of weetabix with milk and fruit but this was fine. Then I had to drop my daughter and a friend off at the cinema and go to Tesco. Found the mugshots and bought one of each flavour - mistake the cheesy one is 2 syns but hey ho I had bought it so I had it for a snack as I missed lunch - it was lovely. Hope the chicken and the sweet and sour are as nice.

Dinner is supposed to be a barbecue but not sure whether we will leave that until tomorrow.

Now as I am a bit peckish and I only had one weetabix this morning I might have the other with fruit and a muller. Then I will have had my one full hex b.

Half a bottle of wine would be 13syns and with my mugshot that makes 15 so that would be fine would it not. Afterall I very rarely have all my syns.

Sounds like a plan! The other thing is our motabolism responds more to constant eating - I know it's fabulous! It works harder when we have 5-6 small meals throughout the day rather than 2 big ones. Now while this isn't always practical, but you could snack on free foods instead - it's brilliant I'm like pacman!

Back