I think I'll need a miracle to keep me going another week...

Hiya, ach I feel your annoyance, I really do. I'm annoyed for ye. That's so unfair. The only things I could vaguely say that someone on here mentioned that if you do too much cardio exercise that your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything. Maybe get your thyroid checked, because when I was WW I put on a stone before throwing in the towel, and was nearly in tears after each weigh in and could not understand why. But fair play to you for doing one more week, and best of luck. I really do feel for ye.

You're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat (but takes up less space).
A common misconception- but muscels weighs the same as fat- 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat, but as you said, it looks better as its more defined.

I'm not doing any more exercise than I was pre-LT, my pharmacist advised me to keep up with what I was doing. It's only now they suggested doing more as my body may be 'used' to it? I can see where they're coming from, and I've (literally) nothing to lose by trying it.

My thyroid was only checked recently, and is 'normal' (with the meds) so shouldn't be a factor?

Maybe I should donate my body to the scientists at LT to see if they can find a 'cure'? :)sigh::p)

lol! One thing I can say to you, in the face of what has happen, you still have a great sense of humour.
Good luck with your week. Fingers crossed for ye.

Hi Irish

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....feel speechless and annoyed for you. What a nightmare! It just doesnt make one bit of sense at all!!! Oh, my heart goes out to you. Other than starving yourself, what else can you do!

Well done you for even considering another week! I was hoping upon hope that you had lost I really was..it just isnt fair!!! Where is the justice.

I think LT should give you the shakes for FREE!!!!! HAHA...

I do wish you all the very very best this week and hope you come up smelling of roses at the end of the week.

Try and stay positive and enjoy your weekend.

Take care

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....feel speechless and annoyed for you. What a nightmare! It just doesnt make one bit of sense at all!!! Oh, my heart goes out to you. Other than starving yourself, what else can you do!

I know!! :confused:

I think LT should give you the shakes for FREE!!!!! HAHA...
Like a 'test case' or something?? I might suggest that to them? :p

It's my 'baby's' 2nd Birthday party this weekend, but I guess I'll be sipping my shakes at this one?! Never mind...there'll be others...:sigh:

We'll see if LT respond to my plea for help, or just ignore me and hope I go away (I'm bad for their success rate you know?! :p)

Hi Irish mum,
I'm gutted for you, that is so annoying, I had fingers and toes crossed you would have a good weight loss this time. You are kind of defying medical science aren't you? Lt may come up with some answers for you, hopefully. As Aoife says your sense of humour throughout this is great, even though at times we know you have been frustrated. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Gotta keep smiling ladies!!

I've always been a bit of a conundrum where weight loss is concerned? Some of those who've followed my journey will know my history- a (sort of!) brief version is:

Life-long dieter (first sent to dietitian age 7), lost 7 stone very quickly at 21 stupidly (i.e. starving and walking at least 6miles a day- not healthy, don't recommend it!), re-gained 1 stone and settled there (11st7lbs).
Got married, had 2 kids and ended up 13-odd stone.
Back to the dietitian after failing to do it myself- put on a 1500cal diet for 6mths (weighing & measuring every bite that went into my mouth!) and managed to maintain 13-odd stone eating that- baffling my dietitian, who told me to 'stick at it' for another 6mths (you can imagine where I felt like telling her to stick it!!)- Duh- useful as a chocolate teapot! If I hadn't lost 1lb after 6mths eating what a 9st woman should be maintaining on, then obviously I needed to try something else?? Enter Lipotrim.
So I am grateful that something finally worked...for a while?! Now my battle is continuing. Onwards & downwards (weight-wise!) I go, slowly...oh so sloooowwwllyyy!!

Hi IrishMum,

I really feel for you, as does everyone else - I would hate to be working that hard and not lose any weight.

I do however have to disagree about the 'muscle v fat' misconception - of course a pound of one item will weigh the same as a pound of any other item, but when you consider like for like (in terms of size), muscle weighs almost 20% more than fat, so given that you are working so hard, could it be that you are still losing the fat but replacing the weight by growing muscle instead.

Maybe concentrate on your size, shape etc instead of the weight?

As for your workouts, what type are you doing? If you are doing lots of sit-ups etc, or other resistance training (weights and so on) you will not burn as much calories as a cardio workout such as a treadmill, crosstrainer or even classes such as step or spin.

I'm certainly no expert and this is only my opinion, your first port of call is to those that know best - Lipotrim, Pharmacist, Doctor etc, which I know you are in the process of doing anyway. Also, there are much more knowledgeable people here than I am who are better at giving advice.

I wish you all the very best, don't be too downhearted (easy for me to say that, I know) but try to see it as a challenge rather than an obstacle.

-Pete.

Thanks Pete- all opinions and advice are welcome!

My 'exercise' consists of walking- 3 miles in 40mins as often as I can get a babysitter- usually 3-4 times a week. I've been advised to avoid cardio while on LT as I'd be burning too many calories (it'd be different apparently if I'd been doing this kind of exercise pre-LT? So they said anyway?...) and stick to walking and gentle weights. So I can't see 'muscle weight' being my problem? I wish it was! LOL!
I am happy with my size, but would be happier (and in theory healthier) if I got to my goal weight, and for the first time in my life it's within reach?
I don't know? All I can do is try to find someone who'll watch the girls for me for a few extra evenings and hope (pray!) for the best?

...for the first time in my life it's within reach...

That right there is the important thing to remember and should give you motivation to carry on, plus the support from the great people here (that includes you as I've read some of the advice you have also given).

I'm sure you will carry on as you've come so far already - besides, you are an inspiration to me, so don't let me down!! ;)

That walking sounds like enough to me - 3 miles in 40mins! I myself have been told to avoid exercise due to high blood pressure, but now it's under control I am doing 'light' cardio along the lines of what you are doing, brisk walks (although not as long as you) as well as reclined cycling and a little on the cross trainer. I will start doing some weights when I have lost enough weight to start toning up a little.

Not sure what to suggest about babysitters, that's a really personal thing, though I understand your dilemma.

I hope you get some good advice from Litoprim. Besides, maybe next week you'll be going the other way, carrying on with your exercise can only be a good thing.

Thanks for your kind post.

My babysitter 'problem' isn't that bad really- My hubby works all/odd hours so helps when he can, but I feel bad about using him to mind the kids while I leave him for some of the little free time he has to go walking! LOL!
So I prefer to either wait til they're in bed (he's usually home by then before you call social services! ;P) or use my step-son (12), but I don't like doing that either...I still think he's a bit young to be left with a 4yr old and a 2yr old?
I can strap one into the buggy and haul her with me (brisk walking + a 2 1/2stone toddler? Phew!!) but then the other is on their own. Ah well...I'll manage something!
Thick wit will spur me on! ;):p

Thick wit will spur me on! ;):p

Haha, I hope that will work for me when I get to that stage!

Well, good luck with whatever solution you use (and you WILL find one!).

Also, it may not be the exercise thing, that's just one suggestion, explore all avenues. :)

Amputation was a bit extreme I thought? :p
And weighing totally naked might traumatise my pharmacist...? :sign0151:

Hmmm, now you're giving me ideas - not the naked weigh-in thing but amputation...maybe I could have my belly amputated? :D

I feel for you IM, I really do ... and I sincerely hope LT respond quickly and usefully - I look forward to hearing what they say. Lesser people would have well given up by now!! xx

Back